Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A receiver the Steelers should consider going after in free agency...

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Berrian is a little scrub...plus the bears will keep him

Bryant Johnson is tempting, he stepped up big when called on, but hes gonna be pricey.

Rossum isnt great...but hes not terribke either, our whole ST sucks....not just the returner.
    The Bears probably will keep Berrian but he isn't a scrub......I would take him over Johnson....Berrian is a solid number 2 WR in the NFL....Noway he is a number 1 WR....Most Bears fans would tell you the same...

Never said Rossum was terrible but really his only big return was his TD vs the 49ers......Wouldn't hurt to upgrade the KR units also.....

Really the whole ST sucks....Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Berrian is a little scrub...plus the bears will keep him

Bryant Johnson is tempting, he stepped up big when called on, but hes gonna be pricey.
    Do you say these things out of pure love/hate for certain players or are you trying to **** me off!!!! SERIOUSLY, be serious!?!? LOL

I do agree the Bears will keep him cause HE IS THEiR #1 Until they bring in someone better!!!!! He is their number 1 WR because by far and away he put up the best numbers Mush isnt even close anymore!!!!!

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Do you say these things out of pure love/hate for certain players or are you trying to **** me off!!!! SERIOUSLY, be serious!?!? LOL

I do agree the Bears will keep him cause HE IS THEiR #1 Until they bring in someone better!!!!! He is there number 1 WR because by far and away he put up the best numbers Mush isnt even close anymore!!!!!
    Berrian is the Bears number 1 WR by default.....I like Berrian but I don't think he is a 1 WR...A guy that can dictate coverage like the top WRs in the NFL....He is a solid number 2 though which he has proven....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Berrian is the Bears number 1 WR by default.....I like Berrian but I don't think he is a 1 WR...A guy that can dictate coverage like the top WRs in the NFL....He is a solid number 2 though which he has proven....
    Ok ill buy that, like i said he is their #1 and i would much rather have him then any other Free Agent wide out ... other than Moss! He fits nicely with hines as a possesion guy and Holmes as a home run hitter!!! Berrian Stretches the field!!!!

My Mood
    Mad
    Ok ill buy that, like i said he is their #1 and i would much rather have him then any other Free Agent wide out ... other than Moss!
    Thats what I was saying of course he is the Bears 1 WR.... I'm just saying I don't think he will ever be a number 1 WR that can carry a passing game...But very solid number 2 and I wouldn't mind Berrian also....But I think the Bears will resign him....Really if they don't then that creates another hole for them to fill..lol His numbers were effected this year to by the Bears inconsistent QB play....He was badass in 2006....He still had a nice year this year to....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok ill buy that, like i said he is their #1 and i would much rather have him then any other Free Agent wide out ... other than Moss! He fits nicely with hines as a possesion guy and Holmes as a home run hitter!!! Berrian Stretches the field!!!!
    Hell yea he can stretch the field.....Thats his best attribute....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-23-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I think he would be a good pick up. I know he fits the body profile of most of our recievers already but he stood out when Andre Johnson was out and he is a GREAT return man, and I bet you can get him relatively cheap. He's REALLY good. He's also not gonna be REALLY high value. Unless he has some reason not to want to come to Pittsburgh in particular, I dont think it would be very difficult to get him here. I think we can offer him the kind of money others will.
    unless im missing something...it's usually pretty cool when you include the name of the guy you are talking about.

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    unless im missing something...it's usually pretty cool when you include the name of the guy you are talking about.
    LOL i was thinking the same thing!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Maybe he's talking about Berrian

My Mood
    Smokin

Thanks for the sig Flea

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    Guys have any interest in Tim Carter? No? OK I had to try. Out of the 3 I see talked about, the best fit would be Bryant Johnson. Unless he wants to play for a minimum, the Cards cant afford him with Fitz and Boldin. But ive also heard Fitzgerald might be available this spring so who knows.

Thread Information