Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Steelers select....

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he's moving him inside next season, this year, he was harrison's back up..... he never once played inside this year from what i saw, and tomlin just barely said he'll be trying timmons out inside for next season......from the very beginning they said woodly would back up haggans, and timmons would back up harrison.. and that timmons would have to get his playing time on special teams... you saw timmons that had a hurt groin in training camp......... anyway, like i said, i was right and you were wrong..... and you'll be wrong again, cause from wish list sig you got there, nothing but bums you have us getting
    You are absolutely wrong. They had a freakin press conference to announce he would be moving to ILB. This took during training camp. You never saw him play inside, becuase you never saw him play. He played a few snaps against Miami and that's it. Other than that he was only on the field for special teams. How were you right and I was wrong? Anyone who knows anything about last years draft knows Revis was the Steelers #1 prospect and they were going to take him. The Jets came out of no where and jumped right in front of the Steelers and took him. Apparently you watched none of the draft and very, very few Steelers games this year because everything you've said is incorrect.

  2. #22
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    You are absolutely wrong. They had a freakin press conference to announce he would be moving to ILB. This took during training camp. You never saw him play inside, becuase you never saw him play. He played a few snaps against Miami and that's it. Other than that he was only on the field for special teams. How were you right and I was wrong? Anyone who knows anything about last years draft knows Revis was the Steelers #1 prospect and they were going to take him. The Jets came out of no where and jumped right in front of the Steelers and took him. Apparently you watched none of the draft and very, very few Steelers games this year because everything you've said is incorrect.
    how come you are the first person to ever to say this about training camp??? never once did i hear anything about them moving him inside until after the season, i read every transcript during training camp and never read that, unless you get some secret press conference that no one on this site gets you are full of ****..... and there's a member here that post all his sirus satellite interviews and never once did i read what you keep insisting was said, it wasn't until this month i've ever read he was moving him inside

    i was right that we wouldn't get those bums while you kept insisting we will, that's how, regardless of what happened, i was right that will will go linebacker and that timmons would be our pick....... maybe they wanted those 2 guys over timmons, but they got the guy i said they would
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  3. #23
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    how come you are the first person to ever to say this about training camp??? never once did i hear anything about them moving him inside until after the season, i read every transcript during training camp and never read that, unless you get some secret press conference that no one on this site gets you are full of shiat..... and there's a member here that post all his sirus satellite interviews and never once did i read what you keep insisting was said, it wasn't until this month i've ever read he was moving him inside

    i was right that we wouldn't get those bums while you kept insisting we will, that's how, regardless of what happened, i was right that will will go linebacker and that timmons would be our pick....... maybe they wanted those 2 guys over timmons, but they got the guy i said they would
    scroll down and read the news wire from 11/15.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=56416

    You calling Revis a bum tells me you don't own a T.V. Again, Revis was there guy, ask anyone with any knowledge of last years draft and they'll tell you they wanted Revis.

    I'll try and find more info for you.

  4. #24
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt, and i only watch UT for college, and i didn't want us to go corner since we didn't need it....... and that's the first i've ever read timmons has been practicing at ILB........ i still don't believe it, cause that's just some retard writing lol, and when i saw him he was playing outside against miami
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  5. #25
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt, and i only watch UT for college, and i didn't want us to go corner since we didn't need it....... and that's the first i've ever read timmons has been practicing at ILB........ i still don't believe it, cause that's just some retard writing lol, and when i saw him he was playing outside against miami
    Revis is a good football player.....He can return punts also...Thats a glaring need on this team right now...lol

    As for Darnik 44.....Koopa bashes his Longhorns also so if he called Revis a bum so what...I have heard him say the same thing about many Texas players...lol

  6. #26
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt, and i only watch UT for college, and i didn't want us to go corner since we didn't need it....... and that's the first i've ever read timmons has been practicing at ILB........ i still don't believe it, cause that's just some retard writing lol, and when i saw him he was playing outside against miami
    The retard that wrote that is one of the most reputable draft scouts in America. He actually plays a huge part in coming up with the NFL combine invitee list. It's an absolute fact Timmons was quickly moved inside because physically he isn't a 3-4 OLB. I said that a year ago. I guarantee if the Steelers could have a do-over pick, it wouldn't be Timmons. Bottom line, when you draft a guy 15th overall and give him $15 million in guaranteed money he better have more than 4 special teams tackles in his rookie year.

  7. #27
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    The retard that wrote that is one of the most reputable draft scouts in America. He actually plays a huge part in coming up with the NFL combine invitee list. It's an absolute fact Timmons was quickly moved inside because physically he isn't a 3-4 OLB. I said that a year ago. I guarantee if the Steelers could have a do-over pick, it wouldn't be Timmons. Bottom line, when you draft a guy 15th overall and give him $15 million in guaranteed money he better have more than 4 special teams tackles in his rookie year.
    he did, he had 11 solo tackles lol......... i just think ppl are giving up on him way to quick....... next year he'll make more of an impact since they'll be forced to play him cause of the money he's getting............. who would they pick at 15 though if they did a do over and revis and that other bum was still gone?? well i'd have picked spencer, but not sure who else would've been worth picking at 15
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  8. #28
    2nd String MDSteel15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brunswick, MD
    Posts
    983
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he did, he had 11 solo tackles lol......... i just think ppl are giving up on him way to quick....... next year he'll make more of an impact since they'll be forced to play him cause of the money he's getting............. who would they pick at 15 though if they did a do over and revis and that other bum was still gone?? well i'd have picked spencer, but not sure who else would've been worth picking at 15
    They should have taken Harris! Who ended up as a darn Jet! That would have cured our long-term ILB problem for this draft also....

  9. #29
    Starter steelcityrockers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SJ4L
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i call revis a bum cause i hate pitt,

    That is retarded. Like, really, really retarded. He is far from a bum. He was probably the Jets 3rd best DB after their safeties. He had some bad plays but not much more than the normal rookie.


    I am assuming Timmons should be better this year and get more playing time. If anything else, he was one of our better special-teamers.

    To reply back to the original topic, I suppose that with the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Steelers select Chris William OT Vanderbilt. I hate to agree with everyone else, but he seems to be the most solid pick.

  10. #30
    Reppin' 724
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC- But from Beaver Falls, PA
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    The retard that wrote that is one of the most reputable draft scouts in America. He actually plays a huge part in coming up with the NFL combine invitee list. It's an absolute fact Timmons was quickly moved inside because physically he isn't a 3-4 OLB. I said that a year ago. I guarantee if the Steelers could have a do-over pick, it wouldn't be Timmons. Bottom line, when you draft a guy 15th overall and give him $15 million in guaranteed money he better have more than 4 special teams tackles in his rookie year.
    Timmons is listed as the back-up ROLB on Steelers.com.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers '74 Best Draft ever
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
  2. Steelers 2008 Training Camp Information
    By Captcoolhand in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 06:56 PM
  3. NFL.com Mock
    By kgreen in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
  4. The Gospel 4..The Steelers take over the Desert
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Another mock draft by Todd McShay of scout.inc
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •