Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Steelers select....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Right now there are alot of way they could go, here's a few players to keep an eye on. Right now I would expect the 23rd pick to be one of these players.

Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
    Sam Baker, OT, USC
    Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

Pat Sims, DE/NT, Auburn
    Kentwan Balmer, DE, North Carolina
    i know this has nothing to do with this post or thread, but i never saw you again after last year........ so now i'll say i told you so lol......... i told you we wouldn't go after that bum of a player Adam Carriker or one of the bum *** corner backs

now to the post........**** limas sweed......that is all
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i know this has nothing to do with this post or thread, but i never saw you again after last year........ so now i'll say i told you so lol......... i told you we wouldn't go after that bum of a player Adam Carriker or one of the bum *** corner backs

now to the post........**** limas sweed......that is all
    Where you been? Carriker was long gone and the Steelers were taking Revis until the Jets traded up. Now look, Timmons wasn't in camp two weeks and the Steelers call a press conference to say he wasn't working out at OLB like they hoped, and he was moving to ILB. He rarely touched the field, overall bad pick. Apparently you didn't watch the draft or any games.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Where you been? Carriker was long gone and the Steelers were taking Revis until the Jets traded up. Now look, Timmons wasn't in camp two weeks and the Steelers call a press conference to say he wasn't working out at OLB like they hoped, and he was moving to ILB. He rarely touched the field, overall bad pick. Apparently you didn't watch the draft or any games.
    he wasn't long gone, if we truely wanted him i'm sure we could've traded up to get him, it was only 2 picks before us.......and if we truely wanted revis i'm sure we could've traded, but since those two players are bum *** hoes, we didn't

and if you didn't notice, the guy timmons was backing up is the starter for this years pro bowl team, so of course he won't work out at OLB, and that's the good thing about him, he's good enough to go inside....... don't tell me you are one of those retards that think just because he didn't start he was a waste...... when the dude was on the field he made plays, he killed ricky williams and was instinctive enough to get to that fumble....... plus they said from the start that he was gonna get his playing time on special teams.......

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well yea they will move Smith to RT if Williams is drafted....I have said for years Smith is better suited for RT....Really if we fans can see how obvious that Williams should be our first round pick I can only pray that Tomlin/Colbert see it......With the depth at OT in this draft Williams should be there at 23.......Not unless he really shoots up the draft board......

The offensive linemen worked most by themselves on Monday, except for 11-on-11. But one lineman that impressed me was Vanderbilt’s Chris Williams (6-foot-6, 317 pounds). He’s a massive body, but he’s lean, has long arms and moved well laterally. He did a nice job during one-on-one drills handling Georgia Tech end Darrell Robertson (6-foot-4, 245), a player some project as a 3-4 pass rusher. With those big arms, he’s going to be capable of getting separation as a left tackle on most NFL defensive ends.
    This is our guy! I don't care if they have to give away another second day pick to get him. Please, let's not just settle for whatever falls into our lap. Make some moves and go after this guy. Currently he is ranked by scout.com as the second tackle taken after only Jake Long. Scout .com have him ranked as the 17th overall prospect. We will have the 23rd or 24th pick. He could fall to us or NOT.
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 01-22-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Williams hands down.... i would personally have the better pass blocker at LT and move Marvel to the RT... bump Colon down to guard.... Then we could take a C in the third... then we have Mahan, Simmons and Chris K competing for Fanecas spot, leaving the other 2 as quality back ups!!!! With Faneca gone we are freeing up money to go out and get Berrian (dreaming) and keep Starxx!!! Our o line would be deep with experienced starters at every back up position on the line!!! Then, we could take the ECU running back as a posible #2 def. 3rd down back and KR/PR!!!!

why do you want that midget berrian?

im happy you ALL agree with me on williams lol

Sam Baker is a bum *** bitch and i hate all usc fags.

If somehow we didnt go tackle in the first round...theres like 4 players i wouldnt be furious if we drafted....Kelly, Talib, and jones....thats it....and thats if some grace of god all the tackles fly off the board. the only first round tackle i wouldnt draft is Baker.....Otah, Cherilus, Williams, Clady are all options imo.

i also like me some heath benedict and barry richardson in the next rounds if we dont go tackle in round one.

btw...anyone hear anything about marvel? i heard it might have been worse than thought

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I don't want to argue over the finders fee. I have never seen Williams play. My 3 picks located in the scout.com thread were based on my own personal research on the position players that I felt we needed. Tackle is the deepest position this year in the draft as far as O-line goes. Williams sounds like a better option to me than even Jake Long. Would love to have em!

I still like my other two picks as well:

Philip Merling, DE, 6-5, 280, Clemson (with the 54th overall pick)

Cliff Avril, DE (LB), 6-3, 255, Purdue (with the 85th overall pick)
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he wasn't long gone, if we truely wanted him i'm sure we could've traded up to get him, it was only 2 picks before us.......and if we truely wanted revis i'm sure we could've traded, but since those two players are bum *** hoes, we didn't

and if you didn't notice, the guy timmons was backing up is the starter for this years pro bowl team, so of course he won't work out at OLB, and that's the good thing about him, he's good enough to go inside....... don't tell me you are one of those retards that think just because he didn't start he was a waste...... when the dude was on the field he made plays, he killed ricky williams and was instinctive enough to get to that fumble....... plus they said from the start that he was gonna get his playing time on special teams.......
    I don't even thingk you watch football. First off Timmons didn't and doesn't back-up James Harrison because Timmons had to move inside. Mike Tomlin laid this all out in a training camp press conference. Revis was #1 on the Steelers board, Carriker was #2, and Timmons #3. The Steelers, and nobody for that matter expected the Jets to trade way up and jump one spot in front of the Steelers. They felt like he would be there so they passed on trying to trade up for Carriker becuase they thought they would get Revis at 15. I saw Timmons with my own eyes at training camp. I saw how he struggled, and I also saw how he was frustrating the coaching staff becuase he couldn't grasp anything.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I don't even thingk you watch football. First off Timmons didn't and doesn't back-up James Harrison because Timmons had to move inside. Mike Tomlin laid this all out in a training camp press conference. Revis was #1 on the Steelers board, Carriker was #2, and Timmons #3. The Steelers, and nobody for that matter expected the Jets to trade way up and jump one spot in front of the Steelers. They felt like he would be there so they passed on trying to trade up for Carriker becuase they thought they would get Revis at 15. I saw Timmons with my own eyes at training camp. I saw how he struggled, and I also saw how he was frustrating the coaching staff becuase he couldn't grasp anything.
    he's moving him inside next season, this year, he was harrison's back up..... he never once played inside this year from what i saw, and tomlin just barely said he'll be trying timmons out inside for next season......from the very beginning they said woodly would back up haggans, and timmons would back up harrison.. and that timmons would have to get his playing time on special teams... you saw timmons that had a hurt groin in training camp......... anyway, like i said, i was right and you were wrong..... and you'll be wrong again, cause from wish list sig you got there, nothing but bums you have us getting
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-22-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    why do you want that midget berrian?

Sam Baker is a bum *** bitch and i hate all usc fags.

than thought
    LOL, i like Berrian cause at 6'1'' he'd be a giant in our WR corps!! Plus he could show Nate how a guy his size SHOULD be playing... LOL!!!

Like I said when we all first started talking about this i liked the raw ability of Otah and Williams because of his sack stats and playing in the SEC!!! The more i thought about it, i realized i would rather have a pass-pro type guy cause that kinda footwork is hard to teach!!!

I still hope/pray we look in the 2nd or third at Chris Johnson out of ECU!!! a Jones-Drew type guy w/ equal or more power, more speed and great hands!!!! Plus, hes a top flight KR/PR with only one fumble all season. Depending on how RBs go this guy may be around in the 3rd!

Thread Information