Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Steelers select....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

With the 23rd pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Steelers select....

Here's your chance, according to NFL.com we are picking 23rd in the 1st round go tell us who your first round pick is and why based on who you think will be available to us when we choose. Don't worry about round 2 or anything else, just give us your 1st round choice. I haven't decided mine yet but I'll post it up soon.

if its 23rd...which i dont think it will be when one of these lineman sweep our coaches off their feet and thet trade up.

I want Chris Williams....pass blocking machine in the toughest conference in college football, a conference known for rare talent on the defensive lines...only allowing like 2 sacks in his career is incredible

My Mood
    Frustrated
    The more I read about him, the more I like Williams, BUT I think he will be there at 23 so we should stay put. I'll go with Train on this one....

im saying trade up if clady is still there around 15 or 16...williams will be there at 23

Not saying i don't want williams...but what about Jeff Otah out of Pitt....or Dan Connor LB out of PSU...i hate PSU but he is a good linebacker.

I would prefer to go OL first and second round though...i am just throwin some names out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    not sure how accurate this site is or if it's just someones opinion but they have Chris Williams at #45 overall..

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/
    Last edited by steelerfan11; 01-21-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Frustrated
    #45 doesn't mean anything. It all has to do with team needs on the 1st day IMO....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    if its 23rd...which i dont think it will be when one of these lineman sweep our coaches off their feet and thet trade up.

I want Chris Williams....pass blocking machine in the toughest conference in college football, a conference known for rare talent on the defensive lines...only allowing like 2 sacks in his career is incredible
    I couldn't have said it better myself....I'm Dan Nicksich aka BGF32 and I support this post......

I'm a huge fan of Ryan Clady but why trade up when Chris Williams who is a better pass protector Clady more then likely will be there when the Steelers pick in the first round....Williams is the type of LT that I have been screaming for year for the Steelers to draft.....He isn't the run blocker Clady is but he can improve in his run blocking.....As Ktrain stated already Williams is beast in pass protecting and that will put a smile on Big Ben's face....Which will lead to more TD passes from Ben instead of always ending up on his back...lol

So with the 23rd pick in the first round the Steelers select LT Chris Williams.........
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    Not saying i don't want williams...but what about Jeff Otah out of Pitt....or Dan Connor LB out of PSU...i hate PSU but he is a good linebacker.

I would prefer to go OL first and second round though...i am just throwin some names out.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    not sure how accurate this site is or if it's just someones opinion but they have Chris Williams at #45 overall..

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/
    Jeff Otah is a very good football player and really is still coming into his own as a football player....If he is picked trust me I won't bitch at all if Otah is drafted....I just prefer Chris Williams since he is proven as a LT.....Otah right now is a RT which doesn't mean he can't play LT....

As for Dan Connor........Why in the hell would the Steelers draft him in the first round?...They just spent a first and a second round pick on LBs last year....Sorry but noway this team spends another first round pick on a LB....Plus can Connor play in a 3-4? He won't play OLB so it will be at ILB...Which I'm sure he could but he seems to be the typical 4-3 MLB......
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-22-2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Gold Standard

That is my pick too!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I am with you on that pick K-train. This is the "franchise" protector that we need for Ben. If we were lucky enough to snag Williams I would want him to take over at LT and move Marvel over to RT.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post

I am with you on that pick K-train. This is the "franchise" protector that we need for Ben. If we were lucky enough to snag Williams I would want him to take over at LT and move Marvel over to RT.
    Well yea they will move Smith to RT if Williams is drafted....I have said for years Smith is better suited for RT....Really if we fans can see how obvious that Williams should be our first round pick I can only pray that Tomlin/Colbert see it......With the depth at OT in this draft Williams should be there at 23.......Not unless he really shoots up the draft board......

Right now there are alot of way they could go, here's a few players to keep an eye on. Right now I would expect the 23rd pick to be one of these players.

Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
    Sam Baker, OT, USC
    Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

Pat Sims, DE/NT, Auburn
    Kentwan Balmer, DE, North Carolina

Thread Information