Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff I Don't Wanna Hear

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Stuff I Don't Wanna Hear

**** I DON’T WANNA HEAR…
    By Swissvale72

It’s the Winter of our Discontent. Loooong-*** off-season to ponder the Heinz Debacle of January 5th.

I’ll get right to the point. Here’s a list of **** I Don’t Wanna Hear:

1. It wasn’t that bad of a call on 3rd & 6: Bullshit it wasn’t! Let’s take a look at the sub-factors here….in this case, Sub-**** I Don’t Wanna Hear.
    a. Jax had to use their timeouts: Why? Hell, they got the ball back with 2:38 left, still with a timeout and expended that on a challenge that clearly wasn’t going to be overtuned. And no….I wouldn’t have been bitching had Ben thrown, and it was incomplete on 3rd.
    b. What if Ben was intercepted? Chickenshit answer. Ben was hot as hell in the 2nd half. The priority was keeping the ball, potentially exhausting the clock. Two first downs would have completely used the clock. The highest percentage play to pick up the 1st down was letting Ben throw it.

2. Was a rookie mistake. Give Tomlin a break: **** that ****!! Every man, woman, child watching this game knew throwing for the first down was the thing to do. Additionally, Jax had called a timeout directly preceding this play. Steelers had eons to decide on the right play, and they come up with that bullshit!! We entrust our football team to this kid; he ****s it up!!
    3. Don’t bitch a bout the holding; you sound like a Seahawks fan: **** that ****, too!! Major difference….these calls were wrong. I’ll bitch all I want….for as long as I want. We got hosed on the 3rd & 2 Gerrard run.
    4. We would’ve lost to the Pats anyway…then you’d be even more upset: Nope, were that to happen, that would’ve been next week, meaning that there would only be two weekends of football….3 games total to suffer through without our Steelers. Now….hell…7 games….3 weekends…an eternity. Plus…just like with Indy two years ago, I’d be on these websites, I’d be on the streets of Pats country, proclaiming it, “We’re gonna beat the Pats; 5>3.” Had it happened….I would’ve been insane…..would’ve been PEIS personified. Woulda been screaming out the back door, driving through the New England streets, honking the horn, waving the Terrible Towel. We’ve been deprived of the opportunity.
    5. Let it go….it was a better season than we could have hoped for: This is on par to being told “it was God’s will” at the funeral home when a loved one dies.
    6. Grow up….you can’t let this go, you need professional help: **** you!! I don’t care if I need professional help…ain’t gonna get it!! Actually, I once asked one of the high-powered clinical social workers that I employ as a consultant if I was normal, said…”Bob….what’s wrong with me. WHY do I care so much about this football team…don’t know any of ‘em…..gotta go to work the next day whether they win or lose. Whattsamatterwithme?? Bob’s response, “It’s the Madness. In order to experience the highs, you’ve got to risk the lows.” Was all I needed to hear; haven’t looked back.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i'm gonna change the title, no bad words in the thread title.......... i'll read the post later to add to this post lol........ and welcome

i guess i can add to the post now

first, tomlin allows his coordinators to do there job, so it was arians that made that call on 3rd and 6........arians is the **** up, not tomlin...... and i agree, that play needed to be a throw regardless, of what the outcome could've been, that was classic bill cowher play calling there, so arians has obviously picked up on cowhers bad habits of playing bitch ball when you get a one point lead

the calls in the superbowl were jsut as bad as these non calls, there wasn't even a hold on that one play before hasselback threw the int, so yeah, you do sound like the seahawk fans for complaining about refs........... we had so many chances to win, but it was a poor first half by ben, and bad coaching late in the 4th that lost us this game, not the refs
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-19-2008 at 04:01 AM.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Stuff I don't want to hear is whining by some Steelers fans that the refs lost us the game...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Swissvale, are you the guy with multiple personality disorder that was evicted from the other Steelers board that we heard about?

Last edited by Iron City South; 01-19-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Rookie Free Agent

Few things..

First, sorry for the titling....I'll watch the languge in the titles in the future.

Second...gotta take issue with the notion that the non-call on the Harrison hold (or the two others on the 4th & 2) is somehow equivalent to the the holding call on Locklear in the SB. Haggans WAS held, and so was Harrison on this play.

Fine...Tomlin cam empower his coordinators, still his *** on the line as the Head Coach. Plus, no one can convince me that following a timeout, he wasn't in on the decision. It's bad for him either way.....he either contributed to a preposterous play call, or he completely abdicated the crown on this one.

Lastly...you can accuse me of beating a dead horse...'cept for me the horse isn't dead. I admittedly whine & bitch alot.....have alot of trouble letting go of things. Won't let go of this one 'til around August.

You should like my next post even more...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Swissvale, are you the guy with multiple personality disorder that was evicted from the other Steelers board that we heard about?

Thanks for asking, South. Actually, my personality was rather singular in the pursuing the issues leading to my eviction.

1. I did object to the common practice on that board of referring to female posters by the c-word...I don't think that's okay

2. I had the termerity to criticize the moderators for deleting posts, moving posts, ALTERING posts....and then having the bad form to write fluff pieces poking fun at said mods

After being suspended for the next decade, my screen name was reincarnated by the site operator, Still Mill, who wrote a bogus apology letter to the site.

My real name is now someone's screen name on that site.

A condolence note that I sent to a poster that lost his brother was altered by the 'staff."

You tell me who's the troubled one?

If I suffer from a mental illness....it's an incurable Steeler addiction. Wanna know more, I'll be glad to tell you.
    Last edited by swissvale72; 01-19-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Addicted
    Granted there were was bad officiating but there was also bad play calling that cost us the next round of the playoffs. Good teams overcome both, I'll always wonder why Ben didn't call an audible on that 3rd and 6, he could've taken the heat for it, if it didn't work. Take that passion you have for the Steelers swissvale72 and get ready for the draft and the 2008 season. Remembering the past allows us to not repeat the same mistakes. Most of us here at SA have moved on, we have no choice. It was a up and down season that hopefully will drive us in 2008.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Reppin' 724
    I got an idea....lets cry more about it....the draft is coming up...focus your 5 personalities on it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im done griping about 3rd and 6, missed play calls in the red zone, whatever. The season is over, I was pissed about it then and it still irritates me now but what's done is done. Like Tee said the draft is coming up and it's a long offseason after that with plenty of prognosticating to do all year long without reliving what woulda, coulda, shoulda, happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I got an idea....lets cry more about it....the draft is coming up...focus your 5 personalities on it.
    I agree with you teemont....the play is over..its been over so get over it and move on. We need to be more worried about FA and the draft.

Thread Information