Thread: "Blitz for Six"

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

"Blitz for Six"

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_471980.html

It's a "Blitz for Six."
    The Steeler Nation has spoken, dubbing the Steelers' chase for an unprecedented sixth Super Bowl ring "Blitz for Six" in a Tribune-Review online poll.

Chris Todd, 35, a Bethel Park native now living in Greenfield, Wis., was the first of several fans to submit the winning slogan and wins a pair of tickets to the Dec. 7 game between the Steelers and Browns.

"Sweet," he said after learning his catchphrase was chosen by readers. "I've been a part of the Steeler Nation since I was a kid. My dad's a season ticket holder. ... It's pretty neat to be recognized as part of it."

Todd's slogan far outpaced other contenders, receiving 34.5 percent of the thousands of votes cast.

The distant nine, with the first person to suggest the slogans and the percentage of votes received, were:

"Sixburgh," by Ryan Blair, 35, of Irwin, with 13.9 percent

"Don't stop there, the other hand's bare," from Steve Sokol, 38, of Harmar, with 13.1 percent

"Going for a six pack," by Pete Camarda, 49, of Shaler, with 11.9 percent

"Quest for Sixcess," by Jason Ruffing, of West Palm Beach, Fla., with 8.0 percent

"A band for the other hand," from Joe Lamatrice, 29, North Side, with 7.4 percent

"Fixed on 6," from Phil Hobbins, 22, of Greensburg, with 5.4 percent

"Six appeal," by Phil Smith, of Upper St. Clair, with 2.9 percent

"Chase for seis," from Sam "Steeler Sam" Sachs, 38, of Portland, Ore., with 2.3 percent

"Playing for the bling of a sixth ring," also from Ruffing, with .6 percent

Seven Trib employees picked the top 10 from more than 100 reader-submitted suggestions, ranging from the creative to the simple to the nonsensical. One fan submitted a poem, another, a song.

"6 in '06" was suggested repeatedly. While it's a great one if the Steelers win this season, fans chanted, sang and begged the last slogan -- "One for the thumb -- for 26 long years.

ummm...not sure if I like it or not. Hopefully we will only have to use it this one year and then start thinking about what we will say when we are on our way to 7

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

House of Steel
    For the 7th???? In #7 WE TRUST!!! Blitz for Six isn't too bad.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As long as we win another super bowl they call it "Hey let's go win another Super Bowl" for all I care

Blitz for Six isnt too bad, I actually like " Sixpack" myself

House of Steel
    Sixpack is much better.

In #7 We Trust for the Seventh is cool slogan.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Cool slogans, I like it
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Thread Information