Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oher is declaring; ** UPDATE **Oher calls reverse, will return

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Oher is declaring; ** UPDATE **Oher calls reverse, will return

OXFORD - Ole Miss offensive tackle Michael Oher is declaring for the NFL draft and won't return for his senior season, the All-SEC selection said tonight.

"It was kind of a tough decision, but I just felt like I was going to be a high pick and had to go and do my own thing," said Oher, a 6-foot-5, 322-pound junior from Memphis.

Oher, who was the featured subject in The Blind Side, a book by Michael Lewis about the evolution of the left tackle position, said he received a report from NFL officials about his status for the April draft.

"I didn't read the thing, from people I've talked to, I've got a pretty good chance of being in the first round," said Oher.

First-round picks stand to make millions of dollars in guaranteed bonuses and contracts. And it's not just the glamour positions like quarterback and running back that cash in now.

Last year, after Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas was selected by the Cleveland Browns as the No. 3 overall pick, Thomas signed a contract worth $43 million - $23 million guaranteed.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    the one mock I saw had him going mid first round depending on how things shake out; and 1 other one had him tagged for dropping into the early 20's in the 1st round.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like this guy a ton.....He would be my pick...

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Now that he's in the mix, there are about 6-10 teams ahead of us that need OL help. We definitely need to trade up and get in the fight for one of these top OT's.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

you guys might not realize it but this is HUGE, he will play a key role in making sure we get the guy we are targeting not named baker because now there is

Long
    Otah
    Cherilus
    Oher
    Gandy
    Williams
    Baker

thats a TON of tackles with a first round grade

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't John Reinstra the last tackle we took in 1st round?? No wonder why we have not taken one since....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Jamaine Stephens i think lol

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Jamaine Stephens i think lol
    Another stellar pick....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Surely we can dangle Mahan to a few teams that want a stellar center so we can move up and get a top notch tackle...

Jesus, lol.. Stephens.. haha.

Simmons was a tackle at Auburn. So technically he was the last tackle we took in the first round.

Thread Information