Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers and Tony Romo

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Big Ben, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers and Tony Romo

Well finally the two QBs taken ahead of Big Ben in the 2004 draft finally made it to their first conference title game............Eli Manning was drafted number 1 over all and Philip Rivers 4th overall which then both were involved in that draft day trade since Eli Manning didn't want to play for the Chargers....

Both Eli Manning and Philip Rivers will make their first start in a conference title game this upcoming Sunday.....While Big Ben already has played in two and one Super Bowl while winning the Super Bowl.....What I find funny is how everybody always mentions Big Ben's terrible Super Bowl....They never talk about the fact he played very well in the Steelers three play-off games before the Super Bowl and was great in the AFC title game vs the Broncos.....Big Ben completed 21 out 29 passes and threw for 275 yards in that game with 2 TD passes with no INTs and also ran for a score against the Broncos.....

So now we get to see if both Eli Manning and Philip Rivers can lead their respective teams to the Super Bowl and make this race closer on who the is the best QB to come out of the 2004 draft class....Until now it wasn't even close.....But Manning and Rivers can at least join the conversation now.....I would still take Big Ben hands down over both of them.....

As for Tony Romo.....I mention him in this thread for the simple reason that I think he should be roasted for his little vacation trip to Mexico with Jessica Simpson....Its safe to say his mind was on other things then his teams play-off game.... Now don't get me wrong I'm not ripping him for dating Jessica Simpson or anything like that...But couldn't Tony wait until after the play-offs to go Mexico with his hottie girlfriend?....His antics might have cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl trip......

Big Ben took heat for his motorcycle crash in which he wasn't wearing a helmet and ruining the Steelers season in 2006......I think Romo should be under the same fire.....I think Tony Romo is a good QB but I would take Big Ben over him also....Ben doesn't have the OL that Romo enjoys and Ben doesn't have a WR like TO.....I like the Steelers WRs.....But TO is big physical and fast WR.....A total mismatch and nightmare for DBs to cover....

Heading into next year I think Big Ben is clearly one of the top QBs in the game....If the Steelers give him an OL I wouldn't be surprise if he is mentioned with the likes of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning next year....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-13-2008 at 10:15 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but at least romo didn't do something that almost cost him his life........ and wade philips told his team to take the week off and get away from football........so he did, and remember he ain't the only one that went, witten was there, and a few other players......and romo didn't lose this game today....... did you not see that game changing drop by crayton??....it was a perfect pass and crayton just dropped it like a fag lol......and lets put some blame on that defense, that first td by toomer......where the **** was the tackling???............. i understand where you are coming from, because there shouldn't really be a double standard, but lol... romo doesn't deserve to be roasted for his bye week........ ben does deserve to be roasted for getting his head smashed into a windshield and costing us a season........

and rivers is gonna get butt ****ed next week, lt is hurt...... and gates is hurt, and rivers is i think a little hurt.... and then eli will get butt ****ed as well, that secondary is beastly......... al harris (he played for the college i go to) is one of the most underrated corners in the league.......woodson is a badass...... i don't know number 20's name cause that gay hair is in the way, but the dude was a beast yesterday...then they got good linebackers and dline..... so ben will stay being the best qb of his draft class........ and i agree i'd take him over eli and rivers any day..... for me it's a toss up between ben and romo...... in a way they are the same qb, they both scramble to throw and are good at it......they both throw retarded ints, they both take unnecessary sacks looking to make the big play.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Frustrated
    It wasn't Romo's vacation that lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    but at least romo didn't do something that almost cost him his life........ and wade philips told his team to take the week off and get away from football........so he did, and remember he ain't the only one that went, witten was there, and a few other players......and romo didn't lose this game today....... did you not see that game changing drop by crayton??....it was a perfect pass and crayton just dropped it like a fag lol......and lets put some blame on that defense, that first td by toomer......where the **** was the tackling???............. i understand where you are coming from, because there shouldn't really be a double standard, but lol... romo doesn't deserve to be roasted for his bye week........ ben does deserve to be roasted for getting his head smashed into a windshield and costing us a season........

and rivers is gonna get butt ****ed next week, lt is hurt...... and gates is hurt, and rivers is i think a little hurt.... and then eli will get butt ****ed as well, that secondary is beastly......... al harris (he played for the college i go to) is one of the most underrated corners in the league.......woodson is a badass...... i don't know number 20's name cause that gay hair is in the way, but the dude was a beast yesterday...then they got good linebackers and dline..... so ben will stay being the best qb of his draft class........ and i agree i'd take him over eli and rivers any day..... for me it's a toss up between ben and romo...... in a way they are the same qb, they both scramble to throw and are good at it......they both throw retarded ints, they both take unnecessary sacks looking to make the big play.......
    Atari Bigby and Nick Collins are beastly too.

Romo Enjoys one of the biggest Olines ive ever seen in my life, they (until today) just dominated the opposistion. I would take ben any day over romo...romo is good, but hes a midget and so far a post season failure on a powerhouse of a team with a good defense, a great WR and TE and a badass runningback...i envy their line and running game.

and saying romo sucked because of some ***** in paradise is retarded, he wasnt thinking about ***** on gameday. the Jessica simpson and carrie underwood thing is fun to talk about but it doesnt have **** to do with it. He bangs hot *****es and i admire that lol

and ben didnt exactly DO his accident, the bitch didnt yeild lol its not like he was doing tricks lol
    Last edited by K Train; 01-13-2008 at 10:52 PM.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well finally the two QBs taken ahead of Big Ben in the 2004 draft finally made it to their first conference title game............Eli Manning was drafted number 1 over all and Philip Rivers 4th overall which then both were involved in that draft day trade since Eli Manning didn't want to play for the Chargers....

Both Eli Manning and Philip Rivers will make their first start in a conference title game this upcoming Sunday.....While Big Ben already has played in two and one Super Bowl while winning the Super Bowl.....What I find funny is how everybody always mentions Big Ben's terrible Super Bowl....They never talk about the fact he played very well in the Steelers three play-off games before the Super Bowl and was great in the AFC title game vs the Broncos.....Big Ben completed 21 out 29 passes and threw for 275 yards in that game with 2 TD passes with no INTs and also ran for a score against the Broncos.....

So now we get to see if both Eli Manning and Philip Rivers can lead their respective teams to the Super Bowl and make this race closer on who the is the best QB to come out of the 2004 draft class....Until now it wasn't even close.....But Manning and Rivers can at least join the conversation now.....I would still take Big Ben hands down over both of them.....

As for Tony Romo.....I mention him in this thread for the simple reason that I think he should be roasted for his little vacation trip to Mexico with Jessica Simpson....Its safe to say his mind was on other things then his teams play-off game.... Now don't get me wrong I'm not ripping him for dating Jessica Simpson or anything like that...But couldn't Tony wait until after the play-offs to go Mexico with his hottie girlfriend?....His antics might have cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl trip......

Big Ben took heat for his motorcycle crash in which he wasn't wearing a helmet and ruining the Steelers season in 2006......I think Romo should be under the same fire.....I think Tony Romo is a good QB but I would take Big Ben over him also....Ben doesn't have the OL that Romo enjoys and Ben doesn't have a WR like TO.....I like the Steelers WRs.....But TO is big physical and fast WR.....A total mismatch and nightmare for DBs to cover....

Heading into next year I think Big Ben is clearly one of the top QBs in the game....If the Steelers give him an OL I wouldn't be surprise if he is mentioned with the likes of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning next year....
    AFC Championship in 1st year, Super Bowl title in 2nd year? Bad 3rd year after almost dying but coming on strong down the stretch and I guarantee putting a smile on your face when he knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs giving Cowher a win in his last game. 4th year 2nd division championship and 3rd playoff appearance in 4 years and almost bringing them back from 18 down in the 4th quarter of a playoff game against everyones darlings.

Ben has clearly been better then all 3 of these guys by far his first 4 years in the league. Ben also in those 2005 playoffs had the highest QB rating ever in a 3 game playoff span on the road which says a lot right there on how well he played and carried the team. Plus, lets not forget the unbelievable tackle he made on Nick Harper after the Bettis fumble. Rivers and Manning have gotten better and caught up some but until they can win a Super Bowl or even get to one for that matter Ben is still head and shoulders above both of them. As for Romo, If you listen to this guy after the game today and how content he was and the stuff he says about how happy he is to just be playing football and blah blah blah, the more you listen to him the more you can tell this guy just does not have it and does not have the heart of a champion. He doesnt come off as a leader at all like Ben does, and he seems like he is a very weak person. I cannot wait for the Cowboys to play here next year so Ben can beat Romo in a game head to head for once.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post

That's about the size of it right there, neither one of these guys is going to know what hit them next weekend. Green Bay is going to be nucking futs and Eli's not going to know what he hit him. Favre is playing inspired and that entire team has rallied around him. The Giants defense is better than the Hawks but Seattle certainly was no slouch.

Rivers is going to get eaten alive next weekend if/when he plays. IMO the Chargers don't stand a chance in this one because they just don't have enough horses on offense to score points in this one. The D could keep the Pats in check for maybe the first half but that's about it.

Ben hands down is my pick of all those listed. Ben may not have had the best Super Bowl stats but we sure as hell wouldn't have got there without him.

The amusing thing is.. i actually think the Chargers may win. Why? cause nobody thinks they will.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    AFC Championship in 1st year, Super Bowl title in 2nd year? Bad 3rd year after almost dying but coming on strong down the stretch and I guarantee putting a smile on your face when he knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs giving Cowher a win in his last game. 4th year 2nd division championship and 3rd playoff appearance in 4 years and almost bringing them back from 18 down in the 4th quarter of a playoff game against everyones darlings.

Ben has clearly been better then all 3 of these guys by far his first 4 years in the league. Ben also in those 2005 playoffs had the highest QB rating ever in a 3 game playoff span on the road which says a lot right there on how well he played and carried the team. Plus, lets not forget the unbelievable tackle he made on Nick Harper after the Bettis fumble. Rivers and Manning have gotten better and caught up some but until they can win a Super Bowl or even get to one for that matter Ben is still head and shoulders above both of them. As for Romo, If you listen to this guy after the game today and how content he was and the stuff he says about how happy he is to just be playing football and blah blah blah, the more you listen to him the more you can tell this guy just does not have it and does not have the heart of a champion. He doesnt come off as a leader at all like Ben does, and he seems like he is a very weak person. I cannot wait for the Cowboys to play here next year so Ben can beat Romo in a game head to head for once.
    true but ben has an lot 2 work on he needs 2 get some serious arm strength.......................he needs 2 learn when 2 throw it away instead of throwing an int or taking an sack, he has all the tools 2 become an elite qb at his position,he just has 2 show up week n an week out..........

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtaingal View Post
    The amusing thing is.. i actually think the Chargers may win. Why? cause nobody thinks they will.
    that won't be enough though, cause the pats have been here many times, and they won't fall for those traps.......plus the chargers are to banged up......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Chargers will win! Why? Because I don't want to listen to all the Pats fans up here!!!!......lol
    And the Chargers D is the key. If they play like they did with the Colts they will be there in the end. If not, blow out...Pats.

Thread Information