Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Early* Draft Day Needs/Wants

Bookmark and Share

*Early* Draft Day Needs/Wants

Ok here is a list I'm going to work on form on until April. Instead of going position by position needs, I'm going by player. These are players I think we need and that I want.

Needs:
    -Any of these OT: Jake Long, Jeff Otah and Gosder Cherilus. Those should be our target OL. We have needed a tackle since last year and the situation is just getting worse and worse. This reminds me of our QB situation a few years back when we had an aging Tommy Maddox. We need a franchise tackle in the worst way. Long would be the best, but I seriously doubt he lasts past pick 5. Now that leaves Otah and Cherilus. Otah might be a better pick because he from Pitt and they have more of a power attack where as Cherilus comes from a zone scheme.

-Dan Conner, Dan Conner, Dan Conner. He is clearly the best ILB in this draft and rightfully so. HE comes from Linebacker U and is as solid as it gets at ILB. I mean for those of you who watched Farrior this year can agree that he's lost a step. Now that the reform at LB has begun under Tomlin, the next step is to get a young ILB to replace Farrior

-Mike Hart or any Powerback for that matter. Mike Hart is one tough hombre. He can really run people over despite his small 5'9" frame. He doesn't fumble the ball and at one point had over 1,000 carries without a fumble (that's good). According to newerascouting.com, he is a good pass blocker. The point is: we need a better change of pace back than Najeh. I don't think Najeh is good enough. This guy would fit our system. Scouting Report

-Mario Uurutia: A very tall WR. Ok, we have our small, deep threat WR in Santonio now can we please get a tall WR? I don't miss Plax, but I miss have a tall threat. Mario was productive at Louisville and has decent speed. another name to consider is D.J. Hall from Alabama. Has some speed to go along with a 6'3" frame.

Wants (probably won't happen):
    -Chris Long: I watched this guy closly at UVA and every week he impressed more. Has tremendous fire. The guy never disappears in big games. Even when he had Strep Throat against the Hokies this year he had a good, forcing a fumble. I mean you want a scary stat: Chris recorded 14 sacks this year in a 3-4 defense. A beast, but he will be gone in the Top 3. Just too good for anyone to pass up.

-Jake Long: See above. No relation to Chris.

That's it for now, I mean can anyone else think of anything I missed?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

lol @ a PSU fan saying connor is the best ILB in the nation...shocker

I like otah and cherilus and gandy.

i really despise your "powerback" and "tall WR" ideas....i like hart though, but i would rather have felix jones

Mike Hart is too slow for his size. He also is not adept at catching passes. WE DON'T NEED A RUNNING BACK!!!!! I realize that most of you miss a power running game because it was "Steeler Football." Grow up and learn that change is GOOD! We have now moved on to a more finesse style of offense. Cowher isn't coming back. Get used to it. There is no real reasom to draft a RB in the first 5-6 rounds. We have much more pressing issues ELSEWHERE!

i disagree, willie is a scrub and will continue to be unnless he has a GREAT line, hes a system back thats only as good as his blockers and that wont change.

theres alot of RBs flying under the radar this year

I recall he had a pretty good year with a crapfest at O-Line. If we were to take a RB, I want Omar Cuff. Mike Hart won't be much in the pros anyway. Id rather have Yevenson Bernard than him.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i disagree, willie is a scrub and will continue to be unnless he has a GREAT line, hes a system back thats only as good as his blockers and that wont change.

theres alot of RBs flying under the radar this year
    I have to agree with you Train. Willie, or any RB for that matter, is only as good as his line! With 1 exception, Barry Sanders. We need to update our line more than any other position.
    Speaking of Barry, he was short and slow but look at what he did. I'll gladly except Mike Hart into the fold....

a pretty good year in terms of yards, a stat that means absolutely nothing, the only 2 stats that matter to runningbacks are yards per carry and TDs.....2 areas that he epitomized mediocrity.

Felix Jones
    Jonathan Stewart
    Chris Johnson
    Jamaal Charles
    Ray Rice
    Chauncy Washington

all guys i wouldnt mind taking a look at

Barry Sanders was the exact opposite of slow.
    Plus Mike Hart has no moves like Sanders did, he cant outrun ANYONE. There is no 2nd gear for him. To compare the two is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    I have to agree with you Train. Willie, or any RB for that matter, is only as good as his line! With 1 exception, Barry Sanders. We need to update our line more than any other position.
    Speaking of Barry, he was short and slow but look at what he did. I'll gladly except Mike Hart into the fold....
    not always, some backs do much more with less of a line, willie wont ever be one of those guys, but hey he went undrafted...

And barry wasnt slow lol

If Chauncey Washington's knees weren't so f*cked up I wouldn't mind taking at look at him. I really like Chris Johnson but he will go in the early rounds, same with essentially everyone else you listed train. RB should be close to the bottom of our draft day needs anyway.

Thread Information