Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *Early* Draft Day Needs/Wants

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    Barry was slow. lol.... He was very QUICK and juked everyone. Big difference between fast and quick. You watch all his films, he got thru the line but got caught from behind an awful lot. Don't get me wrong, I think Barry is top 2-3 All-time RB and I loved watching him but he got run down from behind a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    If Chauncey Washington's knees weren't so f*cked up I wouldn't mind taking at look at him. I really like Chris Johnson but he will go in the early rounds, same with essentially everyone else you listed train. RB should be close to the bottom of our draft day needs anyway.
    alot of quality backs this year, and like i said, alot of them are flying under the radar....RBs are falling in the drafts lately, teams just dont like drafting them early unless they are college superstars....ala adrian peterson, marshawn lynch and darren mcfadden. Teams dont use first round picks on them unless they are desperate and most of these guys outside of 2-3 of these guys will fall to the late second and third rounds

He was fast. No doubt about it. And please, for the love of everything that is holy, never compare Sanders to Mike Hart again.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Barry was slow. lol.... He was very QUICK and juked everyone. Big difference between fast and quick. You watch all his films, he got thru the line but got caught from behind an awful lot. Don't get me wrong, I think Barry is top 2-3 All-time RB and I loved watching him but he got run down from behind a lot.
    he wasnt slow at all lol, he got run down because he had to move around and do everything by himself with a **** line, but slow is not what i would call him lol

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    He was fast. No doubt about it. And please, for the love of everything that is holy, never compare Sanders to Mike Hart again.
    Was comparing them in size not skill wise. Don't be stupid. Isn't the sun still up out there? Can't you go to the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    alot of quality backs this year, and like i said, alot of them are flying under the radar....RBs are falling in the drafts lately, teams just dont like drafting them early unless they are college superstars....ala adrian peterson, marshawn lynch and darren mcfadden. Teams dont use first round picks on them unless they are desperate and most of these guys outside of 2-3 of these guys will fall to the late second and third rounds

It all depends on what they run really. Chris Henry ran a 4.34 and was drafted in the 2nd despite having not much of a career at Arizona. I agree that a few will fall out of the first day, but the truth is, they are not truly necessary. Until Sean Mahan is benched it dosent matter.

oh by no means am i calling it a pressing need, but if i guy like chris johnson is there for the taking, hes a fantastic returner, something weve only dreamed of and a potential badass weapon in the offense. Oline is need #1 without a doubt, but after that it goes to WR and Dline....but you never know whos gonna fall and what they might do if someones available....im gonna post a potential mock in a few minutes, it doesnt mean much until the combine and senior bowl, but wtf its the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    I have to agree with you Train. Willie, or any RB for that matter, is only as good as his line! With 1 exception, Barry Sanders. We need to update our line more than any other position.
    Speaking of Barry, he was short and slow but look at what he did. I'll gladly except Mike Hart into the fold....

Mike Hart is slow and since you called Sanders slow, I would consider that comparing skills whether its true or not. So please dont compare them again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    oh by no means am i calling it a pressing need, but if i guy like chris johnson is there for the taking, hes a fantastic returner, something weve only dreamed of and a potential badass weapon in the offense. Oline is need #1 without a doubt, but after that it goes to WR and Dline....but you never know whos gonna fall and what they might do if someones available....im gonna post a potential mock in a few minutes, it doesnt mean much until the combine and senior bowl, but wtf its the offseason.
    Ok. I will agree with you. If say Johnson was available in the 3rd-4th round I would enjoy having him. Any higher than that and I will question their decision.
    Last edited by steelcityrockers; 01-12-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i do like mike hart, hes a dedicated player, a hard worker and was the leader of michigan for years...kinda a crybaby, but hes a good runner and i have seen him break a few big ones, but what i like is how he keeps his feet moving and he falls forward, he follows blocks well and is an all around good player...the footwork is where hes gonna make his money though

I did like him until I actually watched him play. He is just too slow to make it in the pros. If I am am wrong then I will admit it but I think he will be a bust. He cant catch and has no moves. He would fail miserably behind our line.

Thread Information