Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson Feels Sorry for Himself

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Chad Johnson Feels Sorry for Himself

Chad Johnson Feels Sorry for Himself, Wants Out of Cincinnati

It was fun while it lasted. Chad Johnson spent seven years in Cincinnati, racked up 559 receptions for 8,365 yards, and hauled in 49 touchdown passes. But now it's time to move on, at least according to Chad. Ocho Cinco was on ESPN radio's Mike & Mike this morning and made it pretty clear that his future isn't with the Bengals. Via the Cincinnati Enquirer's Mark Curnutte:
    "I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt," he said. "Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself (make the playoffs), I think you need to get rid of the problem.

"It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense."
    I will say this: Johnson wears his emotions on his sleeve. I'm not talking about the choreographed post-score shimmies, or the fancy game-day gold fronts, but that you got the sense that he genuinely wanted people to like him. And what better way to do that than by putting up huge numbers?

Johnson's as affable as they come, but he can also be brusque when pushed (see this October interview with Keyshawn Johnson for such an example). And 2007 was proof.

As I wrote three months ago, it's kind of disingenuous to call Chad the problem in Cincinnati just because the team had a down season. I mean, he finished the year with 93 catches, 1,440 yards, and eight touchdowns. That fans who once looked forward to his touchdown celebrations suddenly found them selfish and overused smacked of misguided frustrations with the team's failings. Johnson was the same guy he'd always been.

Who knows how this ends up, but I can't imagine the Bengals will be a better team without Ocho Cinco.

LINK

Waterboy
    this is the guy i want the bucs to go out and get chad johnson baby we need a big playmaker on this side of the ball.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    LOL! The saga continues.......

that team is one big soap opera.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    All he needs now is to get thrown in jail .............

My Mood
    Chatty
    Wish I had a tissue for his quiver lips!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    For all the stupid **** that Chad does on the field with his dances and trash talking he's not the main issue on that team. It's all the damn convicts, selfish players, and everybody else who takes plays off and is afraid to get hit. If they are smart they would trade Chad to a team like Philly who desperately needs a big play WR and get a bunch of draft picks to help rebuild.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Chad is part of the problem, with his "CB lists", his HOF impersonation and TD celebrations, he's a distraction. If he thinks he's that good, why doesn't he stay (he signed a contract extension in 2006, that is good until 2011) and make the team better with his sparkling personality.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Tailgate Coordinator
    He will fit in well with the Eagles.

I'm A "Champion"

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    got a question for all of you but I think the Steelers need a WR and I think Chad would fit great here. Do I think it will happen no, would I like it to happen yes. If CJ was a Steeler how would all of you react to him?

Thread Information