Thread: Tackles and Guards available

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tackles and Guards available

There are so many OT's in this draft to be had in the first round. Most of top prospects seem to be projected going mid to late 1st round which would bode well for us if we decided to go that route. Most of them seem to hover right around the 305-315 pound mark which is a tad on the smallish side if you ask me but still capable of course. Otah is the big stud at 340. I'd love to see us get a monster over there whose got the quick feet to deal with the speed rushers but also the power to stand up just bulldoze in the running game.

Im still not convinced they'd go with a T in the 1st round but if they do they have a lot to choose from.

As far as Guards go there is value to be had in the 2nd and 3rd round here that we could easily pickup.

1. Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
    2. Eric Young, Tennessee
    3. Robert Felton, Arkansas
    4. Andrew Crummey, Maryland
    5. Jacky Claude, Florida State
    6. Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh
    7. Roy Schuening, Oregon State
    8. Drew Radovich, USC
    9. Jordan Grimes, Purdue

Takes me late feb,,,,,,,To get into draft mode !

Listen to sirius alot and they really give a great breakdown of all the talent,coming up for the draft

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i wish the draft was in feburary, wtf do they need all these scouting things for, have the combine a week after teh national championships, have some work outs and then the last weekend of feb. have the ****ing draft
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    There are so many OT's in this draft to be had in the first round. Most of top prospects seem to be projected going mid to late 1st round which would bode well for us if we decided to go that route. Most of them seem to hover right around the 305-315 pound mark which is a tad on the smallish side if you ask me but still capable of course. Otah is the big stud at 340. I'd love to see us get a monster over there whose got the quick feet to deal with the speed rushers but also the power to stand up just bulldoze in the running game.

Im still not convinced they'd go with a T in the 1st round but if they do they have a lot to choose from.

As far as Guards go there is value to be had in the 2nd and 3rd round here that we could easily pickup.

1. Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
    2. Eric Young, Tennessee
    3. Robert Felton, Arkansas
    4. Andrew Crummey, Maryland
    5. Jacky Claude, Florida State
    6. Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh
    7. Roy Schuening, Oregon State
    8. Drew Radovich, USC
    9. Jordan Grimes, Purdue
    Robinson is a run blocking machine.....I would worry about his pass blocking....He is the best OG in this draft.....I also like Roy Schuening from Oregon State......But really this draft class isn't really stacked at OG.....There is far more talent in the OT class....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah it's not near as deep at Guard as it is at Tackle this year so if they are going to take a Guard they're going to want to do it pretty early on in the draft because the talent really drops off after that list.

Duke Robinson is only a JR...He has a few more days to declare. He and Mike Oher of Ole Miss are the only high quality Jr Olinemen not to decide yet

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Gosder Cherilus in the First and Crummey in the 3rd. Cherilus is a good all-around blocker and Crummey also. To hell with these "can run block" and "pass block" guys. I want linemen that do both!

i like eric young

Thread Information