Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grass? Or Fake Grass? The Steelers still undecided

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the west virginia turf is the essence of badassness....besides, if slaton, white and devine can run on it, willie would be badass on it lol.

3 rivers turf was first generation shiat and it was bad for the players, until you actually play on field turf, not astro turf....you have no right to comment, its awesome to run on and looks ****ing sweet
    The West Virginia turf is the best of the field turfs so if the Rooney's do put in the field turf it should be that.... I think they're keeping the grass though.....When the Steelers players want to keep it then I'm sure the Rooney's will listen to them....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    if we keep it, i hope when the field gets bad, troy gets hurt, not like he makes an impact, but the roony's will have it on their mind that if they had only changed to the good stuff they'd not being paying someone to sit on the ir lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Well of course the damn field held up well, nobody played on it for 3 weeks so it wasn't like it was being used twice a week during the season and then that run of high school games too. Get with the times Rooney and for God sakes get field turf. You're building a bad *** team with all kinds of speed and we continue play in a freekin swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if we keep it, i hope when the field gets bad, troy gets hurt, not like he makes an impact, but the roony's will have it on their mind that if they had only changed to the good stuff they'd not being paying someone to sit on the ir lol
    awesome post lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Well of course the damn field held up well, nobody played on it for 3 weeks so it wasn't like it was being used twice a week during the season and then that run of high school games too. Get with the times Rooney and for God sakes get field turf. You're building a bad *** team with all kinds of speed and we continue play in a freekin swamp.
    i wish someone in the media would tell them that......i wonder what excuse they'd use after being told, "no **** dumb ****, your field wasn't played on for 3 weeks, so of course it was decent, you ****ing old **** face" lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They won't listen, the Rooney's are as stubborn as anybody I've ever seen in sport. In most cases that's a good thing but I swear how many more years of **** poor field conditions are we going to have deal with and how many millions of dollars wasted every year resodding the field 3 times until somebody realizes what eveybody else in the northeast already knows. Get the damn field turf, save money, and be done with it already. As far as Holmes and Willie and Nate are just imagine if week in and week out they got to use that speed at home instead of just relying on away games.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    yea they need to do something, That Monday night game against Miami was horrible to watch..i think getting some of that WVU hybrid grass/turf would be the way to go, Hopefully Tighta*s Rooney will drop some coin and get it done.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

i agree. but eh rooneys are stubborn. they wont give in for awhile yet

and notice that this is def our offseason.. as we are discussing field material
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Guys in Texas must be a bunch of pansies. Big deal, you don't want to see them playing in the mud? Players are pussies cause they want to stay with real grass? The onesthat cry and moan (Fred Taylor) about field conditions are the ones that are pussies. Never heared that one before. After reading that, I am very positve that we will not go with field turf next season.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i've read pitt would like to see field turf.......and they pay to play on that field so i think they should have a say in it........ and i'll always think if you want something for an advantage to win that you are a pussy....... and i read that the rooney's had ppl looking at the west virgina field, cause it's a different type of field turf, and it looks nice, i think they should go to that lol.....

Pitt doesn't pay a dime to play on that field. They bought there rights by pitching in on the cost of Heinz.
    Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 01-10-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm A "Champion"

2nd String
    yea koopa i'm with u memo 2 the steelers man up................the new turf out is like playing n bungel land they have the new turf, i think we should get it 2
    Last edited by black an gold 4 life; 01-10-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Thread Information