Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some more thoughts on 2008 looking ahead...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    n my opinon the steelers play there best ball when they face there toughest challenges, the schedule we have next year is brutal, that's why we have 2 make the right adjustments this off season................we can't compete with these teams next year with out the proper adjustments, we need an 6-5 reciever, 1 shut down corner,we need timmons 2 beat out foote, we need depth on o-line an d-line we needan real o-line coach an we need an real speccial teams coach...............we really need 2 change offensive an defensive coaches because teams have 15 plus years of film on us, on both sides of the ball..........i hope tomlins installs his defense, an we can find a real offensive coordinator, bruce sucks i hear that cam cameron still is available, i know he sucks as an coach but he can run that offense i would like 2 c ben n an offense like the clowns ran..........but if we wanna b playin n tampa n feb we have 2 make some serious changes this off season.....GO STEELERS

why dont they just make you the coach?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    n my opinon the steelers play there best ball when they face there toughest challenges, the schedule we have next year is brutal, that's why we have 2 make the right adjustments this off season................we can't compete with these teams next year with out the proper adjustments, we need an 6-5 reciever, 1 shut down corner,we need timmons 2 beat out foote, we need depth on o-line an d-line we needan real o-line coach an we need an real speccial teams coach...............we really need 2 change offensive an defensive coaches because teams have 15 plus years of film on us, on both sides of the ball..........i hope tomlins installs his defense, an we can find a real offensive coordinator, bruce sucks i hear that cam cameron still is available, i know he sucks as an coach but he can run that offense i would like 2 c ben n an offense like the clowns ran..........but if we wanna b playin n tampa n feb we have 2 make some serious changes this off season.....GO STEELERS

Dude you are talking about basically ripping apart the entire team when it's not needed. Let me address just a few of your points.

Getting new offensive and defenses coaches is ridiculous, LOL. It's not about the scheme it's about execution. It's not like Lebeau, Arians, suddenly became stupid. If the players execute a 34 defense the way Lebeau draws it up then we stop everything and everybody. Cam Cameron is not coming to Pittsburgh.

Timmons is not going to be playing for Foote's position right now, he's an OLB that will work his way into the rotation. If he makes the switch inside then that's fine and dandy but if you don't like Foote then you really wouldn't like the growing pains associated with a rookie running the fire blitz, dropping into coverage and everything else that inside backers do in our scheme.

Tomlin is not installing anything other than what's here right now with the players he has. He and Lebeau work very well together, they know how to manage players to get the best out of them. There is always room for improvement but we're running the Cover 2 defense exclusively. We run it and have been running it for years now in situations. We're not just a 34 defense.

We don't need a real Oline coach either, we need a Center that doesn't get manhandled and cause a flood of pass rushers to get through every single play. This team isn't in need of wholesale adjustments, it's in need of tweaking certain positions, getting new depth, and getting healthy.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Dude you are talking about basically ripping apart the entire team when it's not needed. Let me address just a few of your points.

Getting new offensive and defenses coaches is ridiculous, LOL. It's not about the scheme it's about execution. It's not like Lebeau, Arians, suddenly became stupid. If the players execute a 34 defense the way Lebeau draws it up then we stop everything and everybody. Cam Cameron is not coming to Pittsburgh.

Timmons is not going to be playing for Foote's position right now, he's an OLB that will work his way into the rotation. If he makes the switch inside then that's fine and dandy but if you don't like Foote then you really wouldn't like the growing pains associated with a rookie running the fire blitz, dropping into coverage and everything else that inside backers do in our scheme.

Tomlin is not installing anything other than what's here right now with the players he has. He and Lebeau work very well together, they know how to manage players to get the best out of them. There is always room for improvement but we're running the Cover 2 defense exclusively. We run it and have been running it for years now in situations. We're not just a 34 defense.

We don't need a real Oline coach either, we need a Center that doesn't get manhandled and cause a flood of pass rushers to get through every single play. This team isn't in need of wholesale adjustments, it's in need of tweaking certain positions, getting new depth, and getting healthy.

I'm sure Timmons has been learning the playbook and is probably learning both the OLB and ILB positions.....With Harrison and Woodley as starting OLBs on the team we would have to see Timmons sliding to the inside if he wants any chance to start.....I know I don't want to wait 3-5 years for our 2007 first round pick to become a starter....lol If Timmons remains just at OLB he won't be starting until Harrison is gone in 3-5 years...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know, that's what Im worried about. If anything Wood came in alittle bigger than what most of our 34 OLB's are so he dropped some weight and has really fit in nicely this year. Silverback is locked in as the starter so which means Timmons will probably fill the role that Wood did for us this year. I wonder if Tomlin has an open competition for them both; I would think he probably will but right now Wood definitely has the upper hand with more experience.

If Timmons moves inside that would definitely push Foote for more playing time; competition is always good. Right now we pretty much have nothing in the way of viable depth behind Foote and Farrior. I think he is more suited to OLB though so it's going to be interesting.

Thread Information