Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santanio Holmes and what should be done at receiver in the offseason...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Santanio Holmes and what should be done at receiver in the offseason...

I was very impressed with his play this year. Last year if you remember we had to hold our breath every time he had the ball wondering if he was going to fumble it. I think he is showing he might turn out to be a great receiver for us. This year we had to hold our breath every time the special team were on the field. He is reminding me more and more of Hines with speed. He's becoming a pro @ turning those short slants into 40+ yard touchdowns.

He is becaming one of the top receivers in the league slowly but surely speaking of Holmes and things are only going to get better with him. We've got a nice set of receivers. I don't mind Wilson, and Washington either. I think Nate will continue to get better. I especially agree about us needing a tall receiver 6'4' 6'5' with some speed. If you remember when we had Plaxico, (I still salivate when I see him in the giants uniform) he and Ben where quickly becoming a lethal tandem until Plax was snatched away from him. I still don't think Ben has quite emotionally recovered from that. I sure hope we get a tall receiver who can go deep in the draft. Or sign Bryant Johnson, or trade for Brandon Marshall, who I hear is also making noise to get out of Denver. I don't think there is enough room in Denver for Marshall and Javon Walker. I'd rather have Marshall if we could get him for a reasonable trade offer.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the only time i held my breath last year was when he was punt returning, i never feared he would fumble when he was on offense, you could tell for the start we finally found our number 1 wr......lets face, ward will always be a number 2, and nothing wrong with that, he's a great number 2, but if holmes can stay healthy and he stays here past his rookie contract he's gonna smash every steelers wr record and we'll be saying ward who in years to come..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Keep his pants zipped up!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Holmes = Big Plays. That's all we need to know. He is the real deal and delivers when called upon. He's our stretch the field guy and the one who is going to only get better and better. The slant route that he runs is just money, it's become a staple in our offense since he has been able to do so well with it in the last couple years.

Wilson needs to go, he makes too much money for someone who hasn't been able to crack the lineup for more playing time. If he was worth the dough he's making he'd have beaten out Nate this year and that didn't happen.

I would really like to see some more quick slants from Holmes next year. The guy has great speed and we've all seen him take those slants to the house on many occasions. Plus it helps Ben get rid of the ball quicker, so he's not sitting back there behind our swiss cheese line too long.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Tailgate Coordinator
    I really like him aslso. He will only get better every year.

I'm A "Champion"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Been screaming for more quick slants all year...Really the quick slant should be a staple of this offense...As for Holmes I wanted the Steelers to draft and him was glad they did....He is among the best young WRs in the NFL today and is only entering his third year....

Holmes should be around for along time to come especially seeing how Ward is starting to rub off on him with blocking down field and laying someone on their back.

Holmes took huge strides this year aside from the injuries and is fitting in quite nicely

My Mood
    Frustrated
    We need a WR in the mold of Hines that can do what he does. Then next year go after my boy Mario Manningham to spread the O. I would get wood seeing Holmes on slants, Hines working the yardage and Mario streaking downfield to really open this thing up! Nate doesn't scare defenses, I think that's why they can keep 1on1 with him when he's out there.

santonio is a stud. there needs to be more shots taken down field. that will come with a better o line. hopefully...
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information