Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin to retain both coordinators LeBeau, Arians

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry
    I think we'll have to suffer through another year of "Bonehead" Bruce's playcalling before he gets his over-due walking papers.

Glad to hear Dick Lebeau is coming back. I'm sure he'll tweek that defense a bit and get some fresher-younger bodies in their to hopefully tighten things up a bit.

Can someone please answer me this question.

It's 4 Days after a bitter playoff loss....so why haven't ST's Coach Bob Ligashesky and O-line Coach Larry Zierlein been FIRED?!?!?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    Can someone please answer me this question.

It's 4 Days after a bitter playoff loss....so why haven't ST's Coach Bob Ligashesky and O-line Coach Larry Zierlein been FIRED?!?!?

I would hope if nothing else he's just waiting for a week or so to make it look like he's not making a knee jerk reaction but it won't come soon enough ! We've been through so many freeking ST coaches over the years at this point Charlie Brown is probably on the radar...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm glad Coach LeBeau isn't retiring...I just couldn't picture him out of the NFL yet even though he is older then dirt...lol As for Bruce Arians.....He deserves a second chance really....I was hard on him but I'm hard on all OCs...lol I always bitch at the HC and the OC....lol I complained constantly about Cowher and all his OCs throughout the years....

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm glad Coach LeBeau isn't retiring...I just couldn't picture him out of the NFL yet even though he is older then dirt...lol As for Bruce Arians.....He deserves a second chance really....I was hard on him but I'm hard on all OCs...lol I always bitch at the HC and the OC....lol I complained constantly about Cowher and all his OCs throughout the years....
    This coaching staff and this regime have only been in for one season. Except Lebeau, who produced one of the best defenses in the NFL until they got hit by injuries, Aaron Smith and Both Safeties. I have no problem with keeping both coordinators. Our problems related more to on-field personnel than to schemes - except possibly on kick coverage. I dont understand why people thought he would get rid of Arians anyways. Even though Ben has made a lot of stupid mistakes this yr, he is alot better then what he was.

I dont know if that has to do with Arians or not, but they are not going to change something that works.
    I think LeBeau is one of the all time best. Arians had some iffy calls that did not work. Some of that was just pure speculation. But more specifically, with a new staff, you don't toss a coach out after just one year unless they are terrible. Say an unnamed special teams coach for example. I'm fine with Tomlin keeping Arians and LeBeau. It's Zierlein and Ligashesky that I have issues with.

Arians will learn, hey, we had the leagues leading rusher for most of the year, a young QB who had a perfect game and a team who averaged more points than they conceeded and let me check, isn't that the idea, score more points than your opponents. The only major worry was the OL, but hopefully Tomlin will address that through the Draft and free agency.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yeah just think what Tomlin and Lebeau will be able to cook with this defense once they get healthy again and we get more production from our OLB's in the pass rush. I like how they work well together and incorporate their ideas into our scheme's on the field.

Well, if you look over the whole season Arians have had some really retarted play-calls but also some pretty neat onces aswell. I have faith in him, however its going to disapear quickly if he don't show up with some smarter playcalls in 08. If tomlim trust him, as do i. If Tomlin fires him, i support that too. You've got to remember that maybe some of the "less" smart playcalls by Arians wasnt so stupid after all, but its hard to call plays if the QB is getting sacked faster than he can say HUT. Its also hard to call good running games if the defence can run right up too him and tackle him. We'll see whats going to happen in 08. If he gets a good O-line we may see some of the stupid plays get much better.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

another year of ( they call me bruce ) . what did we do to deserve this??? he got canned in cleveland because he stunk it up and now he has stunk it up here. another chance at what--- being so imaginative with his play calling. this guy needs a new job. dam the bad luck.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I'm glad we retained Lebeau. Guess I'm willing to accept Arians for 1 more season. Hopefully Tomlin had a little talk with him.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Look at it this way all, atleast we don't have Ray Sherman calling the plays for us anymore

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Look at it this way all, atleast we don't have Ray Sherman calling the plays for us anymore
    Ray Sherman..... What a tool........The man that replaced Chan Gailey...lol I liked Gailey but Sherman was terrible....I also thought Kevin Gilbride sucked *** as well with us.....I still cuss at him every time I see a Giants game....lol

Thread Information