Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin to retain both coordinators LeBeau, Arians

Bookmark and Share
    I'll backup whatever decisions Tomlin makes.. the O-line was really shakey at times this year, and the running game was missing as well. Plus this was Ben's first year calling some of his own plays and he needs to learn to exploit what the D is given him rather than trying to improvise.

I'll give Arians one more year but that's it!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wonder too if Tomlin will Arians to be up in the booth more. I know Bruce has stated he likes being down on the sidelines. I would think though why not let Kenny Anderson work with Ben on the sidelines and relay info up to Bruce in the booth?

Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    the same results we had this year will b the same results we have next year, every one is hipp 2 what the steelers do defensively, healthy or not we can't keep using these same schemes..............an on offense we can't keep doing what we did n the playoffs,especially once we took the lead we need CHANGE PEOPLEMAN I'M DEPRESSED ALREADY 4 IT WILL B THE SAME RESULTS NEXT YEAR LIKE THIS YEAR.......................................
    this coming from someone who has said he wants the bengals WR coach for our OC...cause that alone qualifies him

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    I am happy to hear that D. LeBeau is coming back for another season with the STEELER D...... I still have doubts about Arians thou Have not heard anything about our 2 Special needs (teams) coaches...... They should definatley be givin the walking papers IMO.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I'll backup whatever decisions Tomlin makes..

I'll give Arians one more year but that's it!
    This is kind of where I'm at as well. Let's face it, for the obvious reason people are making Arians their whipping bitch this week and deservingly so. I also noticed he admitted in today's paper that the now infamous "Arians Abortion" on 3rd and 6 wasn't exactly the best call to make and that he should have let Ben throw it.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_546489.html

Quote:
    The Steelers might have won had they converted a third-and-six from their 26-yard line with 2:56 remaining.

A run around left end by Roethlisberger gained only 1 yard, and the Steelers punted. "I should have let him throw it again, probably, instead of running it," Arians said.

...but, to his credit, Arians did do some good things this year:

1. He rewrote the play book for the first time in 15 years. Should be much easier for rookies/free agent to learn our offense.

2. He asked Ben to use Ben's terminology. Since ben will be our quarterback for his entire career, seems like a great idea to have the playbook be written for him/by him. How many other coordinators would do that? Ben seems to like the guy.

3. Ben had the best year of his short pro-career (broke a few Steelers records) and Parker was leading the league in rushing before he went down. Mind you, he did both of these with a ****** Off. line. Santonio Holmes had a break-out year. Heath Miller had his best year ever as well.

Like I said, there's no debating that his playcalling was "scatter-shot" and downright atrocious at times and his lack of adjustments are something he needs to work on. I just wanted to add the fact that he did do SOME good things.
    Last edited by Iron City South; 01-09-2008 at 01:03 PM.

ive defended arians all season, i dont think he did a bad job considering the **** line he was working with, the call on 3rd and 6 was the first one i was disgusted by...but hes doing a good job, it was his first year, just like anyone else theres a learning curve to adjust to

Coaches can only improve by getting better at their craft then the opposition does.
    I only hope that during the off season the coaches view some tapes and learn to incorporate some of the newness we've witnessed in College Football this season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's not the first time that Bruce has owned up to a mistake in public. He's man enough to admit when he potentially screwed up. The main thing in 2008 will be to see if he learns from what happened this year and makes a lot fewer mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Hook a damn shock collar to him, when he f's up zap him....
    not a bad idea
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's not the first time that Bruce has owned up to a mistake in public. He's man enough to admit when he potentially screwed up.
    Admitting it is one thing, but when you see a pattern of someone who repeatedly second guesses himself on Monday mornings, at some point you have to question his critical decision making skills.

Personally, I think the man's resume screams gas station attendant while the name plate on his white coat say M.D.

....he's not bright ... and he's in way over his head.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information