Thread: 2008 Draft Rule Changes.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

2008 Draft Rule Changes.....

Time between picks in the first round will be cut from 15 minutes to 10 to help speed up a process that went a record 6 hours and 8 minutes last April. Starting time was also moved from noon EDT to 3 p.m. for the first day, which will be limited to two rounds instead of three.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like the idea of the 10 minute rounds, 15 minutes is just way too long if you ask me and just makes things drag out. If you haven't done your homework enough to have your selection ready to go in 10 minutes then you don't deserve your pick IMO one big thing this will affect is the trading of picks and players on draft day at the last minute.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    they need to go nba style and only have 5 mins, wtf do you need 10 mins for?? and the rest of the rounds two mins lol.......... but thanks for posting diesel, i was tired of saying that there is only 2 rounds on the first day now
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Frustrated
    You know what this means? It means teams have to do more homework and have there picks ready ASAP instead of bull-shiating around. Steelers fans - your time on the clock starts NOW!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I can't wait for draft day craziness here at SA!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    they need to go nba style and only have 5 mins, wtf do you need 10 mins for?? and the rest of the rounds two mins lol.......... but thanks for posting diesel, i was tired of saying that there is only 2 rounds on the first day now
    or they need to go FF style......60 seconds between picks

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    or they need to go FF style......60 seconds between picks
    WTF do they need 10 mins for ??? I mean really they know everything about these guys. It shouldn't take that longIf they don't know who they are picking then they shouldn't be there, only reason they heed the time is for trade talks, and even then it shouldn't take that long...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Was wondering when they start the drafting, and if there is a place you can follow it? its a tad hard to keep up when you live in Denmark, since nobody really cares much about NFL ><
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information