Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd and 6 is what Ill remember...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

3rd and 6 is what Ill remember...

That is what I'll remember more than anything from this game. You pass all night to put yourself in position to win and do that bs.

I hate to say it but the Patriots would have passed there and converted and won the game right there. I hate them but respect the heck out of them and they would have passed and won. We turtle and lose.

SO many what if's this year. Defense can never come up big when it counts. Broncos, Jets, Jags, Jags and almost blew the 2nd Brown game as well. Sux to know our defense has gotten to this point that you can never count on them to make a stop when you need it. Without Big Ben we would have been 5-11. 3rd and 6 should have passed.

I would have questioned that 3rd and 6 call no matter what. Even if Roethlisberger had picked up the first down. Nothing has worked to the left for the entire season. There was an unexpected open field to the left on the play before and I simply feel that Ariens banked on that happening again. Guess what...guess again...Mr. Ariens. Sometimes something is simply a coincidence, just as that play before L-Side open field.

I would have questioned it because passing is what got us to where we where during that fourth quarter and the game situation did not equate to running plays yet.
    The bootleg was an awful call and so were the two plays prior to it. Again like it was mentioned earlier take what the opposition gives. The box was loaded and we hadn't the ball up the middle effectively all night. They had 3 timeouts remaining which meant we needed at least 1 first down to effectively run the clock down. Short passes or play action worked for us most of the night and they are higher percentage passes for Ben. Can we get the ball in Hines or Heaths hands in crunch time. It was a sickening series especially after we fighting back the way they did. It was all about trying to burn some clock and not getting a first down or better field positioning when we punt. Just Disgusted.

Has anyone stepped forward and taken the blame for that third and six call. Been working all day and haven't seen any post game interviews. Throw out the O line excuses, Ben's poor play in the first half, special teams disasters. The season was there at third and six and somebody called the most gutless lay down and die play I have ever seen.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    They need to find Arians hangin from his ceiling with a noose around his neck, with a big sign on his chest that reads "I'm sorry" Tomlin should be pissed for 2 reasons, 1. for Arians even thinking about calling that play and 2. for allowing the play to be ran. Ben got us into the playoffs with his arm. he got us back into the game with his arm. With the game on the line, you play to win, not not to lose. **** poor call with the game on the line.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Tailgate Coordinator
    That and 4th and 2.

I'm A "Champion"

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I noticed Cowher called the now infamous 3rd and 6 play out just before the Chargers/Titans game. Cowher called the play selection "inexcusable" knowing the pass was working and they only needed 1 more first down to eat the clock for the win. He said, "For the life of me, I have no idea what they were thinking."

All I've got to say about that game is...WHO CALLED A QB SWEEP PLAY ON
    3RD AND 6 WHEN WE HAD BEEN PASSING ALL NIGHT AND ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIRST DOWN TO RUN OUT THE CLOCK
    If it was Arians, he should be hung for that call. We were on our way to the Pats and a QB sweep play was called, WTF!!!!!Heads should roll with that loss

My Mood
    Angry
    That 3rd and 6 play call was Gutless, Spineless and Idiotic and was a Glaring example of Bruce Arians "A-hole" play calling.

It's only a matter of time before Arians is shown the door......and the thought of having to put up with at least another season of this High School play calling really pisses me off.

Chan Gailey and Cam Cameron are out there to be had and we're stuck with POS Arians!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    That 3rd and 6 play call was Gutless, Spineless and Idiotic and was a Glaring example of Bruce Arians "A-hole" play calling.

It's only a matter of time before Arians is shown the door......and the thought of having to put up with at least another season of this High School play calling really pisses me off.

Chan Gailey and Cam Cameron are out there to be had and we're stuck with POS Arians!!
    Not that Cam Cameron was released of his HC duties from the Dolphins....That is an interesting option...Would be nice for the Steelers to explore in maybe upgrading their OC...Arians is a dolt...lol Chan Gailey was a good OC for the Steelers...Kordell had his best season as a starter with Gailey...Both would be an upgrade over Arians in my opinion...

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Both would be an upgrade over Arians in my opinion...
    Hell Mickey Mouse would be an upgrade over Arians.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

I agree on all points, BA SUCKS! Point simple, they lost the game right there with that call. I personally hate BA and hope he is let go ASAP.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    that was classic cowher play calling with a one point lead, arians has to go
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information