Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodley making impression

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Woodley making impression

Rookie linebacker LaMarr Woodley registered his fourth sack of the season Sunday. That's the most by a Steelers rookie since '01, when Kendrell Bell started and had nine as the NFL's defensive rookie of the year.
    Woodley, though, did not start a game and missed three with a nagging hamstring injury. His four sacks, nevertheless, were tied for third on the team and that has earned him more playing time, according to Tomlin.
    "With the limited snaps he has got, he has shown he can be productive," the coach said. "Part of the reason he hasn't been in as much as we have liked or he would like is because he has been battling injury, from a hamstring standpoint, off and on over the middle and latter portion of the season.
    "He is healthy now, so we are playing him. His production and play is more a product of him being healthy, as opposed to any change in our mentality of what he is capable of."
    Woodley has definitely left his mark on the playing field this year. but can you imagine the gouge he would/could have left if he didn't have the injuries.
    He has surely impressed me more than Timmons has. I know I will be looking for him in next seasons training camp.

With his play this year, I would be confident letting Haggans walk in the off season. Timmons just needs more opportunities IMO.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    With his play this year, I would be confident letting Haggans walk in the off season. Timmons just needs more opportunities IMO.
    I instanlty fell in love with Timmons when he stepped on Ricky Williams neck, can you say Jack Lambert?

Absolutely

Haggans is terrible. I would rather Martin Scorcese playing LOLB than Haggans.

Foote and Keisel should be monitored.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I agree, his upside is so huge that by next year he'll be ready for full time duty.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Woodley has definitely left his mark on the playing field this year. but can you imagine the gouge he would/could have left if he didn't have the injuries.
    I like these converted DE's we call tweeners. Lamar Woodley is like a young Adalius Thomas. I believe the added size, weight and strength make them a tougher task to block for opposing O-lineman. I think Woodley will replace Haggans in the line-up next year and that we can expect to see great things from Lamar next year!

Timmons is an unknown quantity in my book. Haven't seen enough of him to make any judgements about him. I know he plays special teams but I haven't seen him make a lot of big hits there yet. James Farrior is playing his 11th season and is a couple days away from 33. I imagine Timmons will be groomed to replace him as an inside linebacker even though the roster has him listed as a ROLB.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I like these converted DE's we call tweeners. Lamar Woodley is like a young Adalius Thomas. I believe the added size, weight and strength make them a tougher task to block for opposing O-lineman. I think Woodley will replace Haggans in the line-up next year and that we can expect to see great things from Lamar next year!

Timmons is an unknown quantity in my book. Haven't seen enough of him to make any judgements about him. I know he plays special teams but I haven't seen him make a lot of big hits there yet. James Farrior is playing his 11th season and is a couple days away from 33. I imagine Timmons will be groomed to replace him as an inside linebacker even though the roster has him listed as a ROLB.
    I couldn't have said it better....
    Woodley has shown the abilities to take Foote's job and definitely Haggens. and Farrior isn't getting younger but come next season at training camp will prove who's in and who's out. Tomlin should be telling these Back-up that they are be watched for next year and I'll bet they will play better.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really like Woodley and he has looked good in the little playing he has received this season...I have been screaming for both Woodley and Timmons to get more playing time lately......Woodley will start next year and I expect Timmons to be in the mix as well...You might see Timmons move from OLB to ILB at times next year......I just want to see his speed and hitting ability on the field next year...

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I really like Woodley and he has looked good in the little playing he has received this season...I have been screaming for both Woodley and Timmons to get more playing time lately......Woodley will start next year and I expect Timmons to be in the mix as well...You might see Timmons move from OLB to ILB at times next year......I just want to see his speed and hitting ability on the field next year...
    If Woodley starts who will he start in front of?

Thread Information