Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On a positive note

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

On a positive note

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7633422

Well here is one guy that likes the Steelers, and he disses Fred Taylor.

STEELERS +2.5 v. Jaguars
    Can we rein in this Jaguar hysteria a little bit? Yes, the Jags were stellar from Nov. 11 to Dec. 23, when they went 6-1 and beat playoff teams Tennessee, San Diego and Pittsburgh. But let's keep a few things in mind:

Jacksonville got blown out by a bad Saints team in New Orleans in Week 9, allowing 538 totals yards and 32 first downs. The Jags also mustered a mere 13-7 win at home against punching bag Atlanta in Week 2. Will the starters that take the field in Pittsburgh on Saturday be the guys who were on a roll before resting in Week 17 or the inconsistent team of the first half?

The extent of David Garrard's playoff experience is some mop-up duty in the Jags' 28-3 loss to the Patriots in the first-round in 2005. The 29-year-old from East Carolina may have had a great season, but Saturday will be his first test under the pressure of the second season. The 25-year-old Roethlisberger, meanwhile, will be making his seventh playoff start and trying to improve to 6-1 all-time.

Despite getting trampled for 147 yards by Fred Taylor (and 224 total yards on the ground) in Week 15, the Steelers still finished third in the NFL in run defense at 89.9 yards per game. Run-stuffing end Aaron Smith may be out, but Casey Hampton, James Farrior, James Harrison, Troy Polamalu and Co. will not be embarrassed at home again like they were last month. By complaining about the lousy conditions of Heinz Field, Taylor sounded like a guy already making excuses in case his streak of 100-yard games is snapped. Which it will be. Steelers 27, Jaguars 17

I'm A "Champion"

I like the way this guy thinks!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Horny
    VERY NICE READ I LIKE THIS GUY AS WELL

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Garrard is a big X factor for this game... the Steelers playoff history shouldn't even be questioned because this is still practically the same team that went to the Super Bowl... and like he said, the Steelers won't be embarrassed twice at home in the same year!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Right on, this guy just hit the nail on the head...Let's punch these Jags right in the mouth and let them know our Defense won't take the same punishment again.

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough! I am ready for our guys to kick some Jagoff bee-hind!
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

I so can't wait for this game... It'll be played around 2am in Denmark but hell.. I'll be up watching thats for sure!

Im certain that we will do a better job stopping the run. We have had plenty of time to watch video from the last game. Garrard is what concerns me the most tbh. He is having a great season this year. Many tends to forget it, since they run so much, but i believe he is 3th highest in the whole league raitingwise. If we shut down their running game which im certain we will (at least not give them 200 something yards again) our secondaries will have to step it up, because Garrard sure know how to throw a ball. I've seen him go deep a couple of times too with succes. Going to be interresting for sure!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Will the starters that take the field in Pittsburgh on Saturday be the guys who were on a roll before resting in Week 17 or the inconsistent team of the first half?
    What roll? We lost 2 out of 3 before the Balt. game and we lost that, so thats 1-3 to finish the season, giving up 114 points in those 4 games. Its more like the inconsistent team of the 2nd half of the season.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

I've got a feeling we'll get some payback against them Jag-ah-wires

Thread Information