Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin gets Steelers mentally ready for Sat.

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Post Tomlin gets Steelers mentally ready for Sat.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=35539@kdka.dayport.com

Tomlin gets Steelers Mentally ready for Saturday.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is a great move by Tomlin to have this game playing over and over and over again. What Keisel, Taylor, and Colon said about it being on their mind constantly when they are at work is just what this team needs. Every time they turn around they see what happened before and it just builds and builds and to the point where you ready to take out your frustration on the team that kicked your *** last time.

What worries me are the few guys on their D that were hurt last game, they are all healthy now and will be playing well rested...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I like that idea. It puts in their minds that this is not just a 9 to 5 job that you can just forget about from one week to the next. There is a pride involved in playing in the NFL and for any particular team, and to see the plays that created a loss at home last time eats away at that pride until you are determined to not allow it to happen again.

At the same time, that frustration, anger, determination needs to be properly focused so as to be effective on the field.

BuFu

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's the playoffs, it's now or never. These guys need to get in their heads that they cannot let anything like last time happen again. It isn't going to fix itself just because we're the Steelers and we're at home...we need to go out and totally kick their *** 9 ways to Sunday and show them that when it really counts the Pittsburgh Freekin Steelers come to play and we're here to rip your hearts out and show em to you !!!

Steel City Mafia # 632
    I agree with it's now or never....
    I'm definately seeing more emotion out of Tomlin this week then i've seen from him all year,I just hope our Defense comes out swingin.You got to smack those guys in the mouth and show them that we are not letting them dominate us like last game.It seems like Tomlin is having a tough time getting this team fired up..which is hard to believe that a rookie coach is struggling trying to fire up superbowl veterans.I just hope we show up for this game..i can handle the loss alot more if the guys play there heart out.
    Last year's team was a dissapointment but atleast we went out on a high note, Holmes taking it to the house to knock out Cincy.

This is an awesome forum and i wish i found it sooner!
    Last edited by ItAintEasyBeingPeazy; 01-03-2008 at 12:33 AM.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's the playoffs, it's now or never. These guys need to get in their heads that they cannot let anything like last time happen again. It isn't going to fix itself just because we're the Steelers and we're at home...we need to go out and totally kick their *** 9 ways to Sunday and show them that when it really counts the Pittsburgh Freekin Steelers come to play and we're here to rip your hearts out and show em to you !!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

I think this is a VERY good tactic by mike, show your guys what happens when you play undisciplined football against a very "fundamentally sound" and physical team!!! I really think we have a better team than the Jags top to bottom!! But the bottom line is they have been playing "their" style of football all year where we have been inconsistant in finding out what kind of team we really can be!!! No matter what happens i look for an all out effort from here on out from this squad!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They were showing part of Tomlin's press conference on NFLN where he said " Hey if you can't get up for a playoff game at Heinz Field, there is something wrong with you". He's right, if this team isn't focused for this game they need their head examined. This is the playoffs, they've been embarrassed 3 of the last 4 weeks and now it's time to put up or shut up and it's starts with the Jags saturday night !

It's taken 17 weeks but we are finally seeing some emotion coming from Tomlin! Playing the game over and over is what this team needs... that constant reminder of getting it handed to them at home and given them their only loss at home on the season is probably enough but to see that game and be given that constant reminder has got to be pissing them off and getting them ready!

I'm predicting we will see a completely different team this Saturday!

Thread Information