Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few prospects that I've been following!

Bookmark and Share

A few prospects that I've been following!

These are a few guys ive been keeping my eye on for a while! if they happen to slip up and are on the board in the later rounds, i think they'd be great steals!

Cornerback | Senior | South Florida Mike Jenkins
    Height: 6-0 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.50

Strengths:
    Has very good size and bulk with long arms...A great athlete...Good timed speed and acceleration with a burst to close...Physical...Natural cover skills...Is versatile with experience at both corner and safety..Smooth with fluid hips and nice change of direction...Breaks on the ball quickly...Also offers some special teams potential.

Weaknesses:
    Is not great in run support...Not overly instinctive...Pretty inconsistent...Has some character questions...Footwork and technique are shaky...Lacks superb ball skills and awareness...Toughness may be an issue...Might be a bit of a CB / S 'tweener.

Running Back | Junior | Arkansas Felix Jones
    Height: 6-0 | Weight: 207 | 40-Time: 4.40

I havent watched a whole lot of games of his but the ones i have watched, oh boy! this guy is pretty insane! lol! i think if he drops into the second or third round he is definetly worth it!

James Hardy 6 ft. 7.0 in. 215 lbs. 4.60

Strengths: Has a great blend of size, speed, strength and hands. Attacks the line of scrimmage and can beat any cornerback jam. Tough after the catch. Is a redzone mismatch. Wants the ball, and has played big against good corners. Excellent quickness and agility for a big guy. Unlimited potential.

Weaknesses: Has had some character scuffs off the field. Isn't a crisp route runner. Relies a lot on talent and isn't a student of the game. Should we question his toughness?

Jonathan Goff Vanderbilt 6 ft. 4.0 in. 240 lbs. 4.65

Overview Goff has impressive size and speed, and excellent production as well. He'll be a top MLB candidate in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Xavier Adibi Virginia Tech 6 ft. 2.0 in. 221 lbs

Overview Diverse high school player, team leader, had 13.5 sacks and over 100 tackles and on the other side of the ball rushed for 575 yards and 11 TD’s at the fullback position. In 2003 he red shirted his freshman year. 2004, played in 7 games, had 21 solo tackles and 2 sacks, 1 interception, and a few QB hurries. Sat out 6 games with a torn tendon in his right biceps muscle. Solid 2005, most notably with 69 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 interceptions. Also in the spring won the George Preas Award. 2006 played 13 games, had a solid season with special teams, and finished the season with 82total tackles, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 3 passes broken up and 3 forced fumbles

Strengths Adibi has no problems mirroring the run or pass, very instinctive . With his speed and agility, combined with the fact he is very aware of what is going on in front of him, makes him a solid pick for a weakside linebacker position. He is very athletic, on fire, and one not to show lag at any point in the game. Very confident.

Weaknesses The main problem in the 08’ draft will be his size, Adibi is limited to playing the weakside position for this reason. Lack of size makes him an easier pick for blockers, and he lacks strength at point of attack. Also, was thought to have had a season ending injury in 2004. Teams may view him as a higher risk then another comparable linebacker.

Mike Hart Michigan 5 ft. 9.0 in. 193 lbs 4.60

Overview Coming back for his senior season to win the Heisman and compete for a national title. Has been a starter since his freshman year and has fumbled only a few times and leaves UM as the leader rusher there.

Strengths Center-of-Gravity-stays low to the ground and doesn't absorb a lot of hits. Strong, powerful legs that keep moving making him difficult to bring down. Elite ball handling skills, will not fumble the football. Tough, competitive. Has a lot of starting experience at a top notch school. Is spunky and you could not ask for a better team leader.

Weaknesses Does not possess prototypical size. Is not a great receiver out of the backfield. Blocking is average. Is not really shifty and may not be able to fool defenders with moves like he does now. Will have a lot of tread on the tires after 4 years of carrying the ball. Is mouthy and arrogant.
    Projection Had Hart come out in 2007, he would have a been a first day pick. While he may crack the first round, he should be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A player a lot like Warrick Dunn in terms of size, but that should not affect his draft status. A very quality player and hard worker who will eventually start in the NFL.
    HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!! PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!! We're gonna be the first to 6!!!

My Mood
    Frustrated
    All these guys are worth a shot exept Felix, in my opinion. I'd rather have an O-lineman in the 1st so that gets rid of Jenkins, he'll go round 1. The only person on your list that we have a shot at that fills a need is Hardy! There are other WRs that I'd rather have, but he is tough.

I like Hardy.
    Felix Jones isn't necesary.
    I like Mike Hart but he too isn't necesary.
    My guy is Trevor Laws out of Notre Dame. He has played lights out this year.

i love felix jones

McKelvin CB, Troy.
    He is a solid cover guy with great speed and he is a dynamite returner. He is #2 on my list after Trevor Laws.

oh i forgot my boy javorski lane! i love him!
    HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!! PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!! We're gonna be the first to 6!!!

300 pound RB. YAY. If only he was faster than Max Starks with the knee injury and didnt cry so much.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    I like Hardy.
    Felix Jones isn't necesary.
    I like Mike Hart but he too isn't necesary.
    My guy is Trevor Laws out of Notre Dame. He has played lights out this year.
    Trevor Laws the DL for the Irish....Yes he had a great season...He had over 100 tackles...Yes thats correct 100 tackles for a DL...lol Thats awesome for a DL....I don't know if he can play in the 3-4 though....He isn't a DE....It would have to be NT.....

He is athletic enough to play 3-4 DE I think.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    He is athletic enough to play 3-4 DE I think.
    He is only 6 foot are 6'1....To short to play DE in a 3-4....I think the shortest 3-4 DE in the NFL is 6'3.....

Thread Information