My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Jaguars vs Steelers - Wildcard Playoffs

vs

Saturday 1/05/08
    8:00pm EST
    Heinz Field - Pittsburgh PA.

It's playoff time !!

The Jaguars head up to freezing Pittsburgh for a Wildcard Playoff showdown. These 2 teams met back in week 15, a game the Steeler defense would just rather forget as Fred Taylor had his usual big game against us running for 147 ydsand coupled with Maurice Jones-Drew; it was just too much for the defense to handle and Jacksonville prevailed as the first team to beat the Steelers at home this year.

The Steelers come in limping into this game having gone 1-3 in December and on the injury front many key players are banged up or missing. Marvel Smith and Max Starks are both out for this game so it's trial by fire for backup Trai Essex. The Jags will test the Steelers early and often you can bet on that so it's up to the big hogs up front to protect Ben and keep the pressure off while opening up lanes for Najeh Davenport to run through. With Parker out the burden falls on Najeh, Carey Davis, Gary Russel and Verron Haynes.

For the Steelers to prevail in this game it will be paramount for Ben to have protection and for them to jump out early and take control of this game from the outset. If they can make the Jags one dimensional it will go a long way towards a win and advancing to the Divisional round. It's playoff time in Pittsburgh and anything can happen. For the Steelers they will be wired up to inflict some pain of their own on the Jags and avenge the earlier loss while sending the Jags home.

Join us here for the game as we cheer on the Steelers in the wildcard round saturday night !!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-01-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Reppin' 724
    Not soon enough, my *** is bar hopping for 8 hours before the game.....I can't wait to watch it in person. This is my first playoff game I have been to...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm excited for this game but Im nervous too. We are banged up and we better come out with all guns blazing and step on their throats right from the outset! Have fun Tee, playoffs in Pittsburgh are awesome !!

Unhappy steelers-jags

We are doomed, i can't see our o-line stepping up at all. Our best lineman is looking foward to next year with another team and a huge paycheck, and a couple other ones stand around and watch our Qb get tossed around like a rag doll. They call me bruce won't call a slant, won't call a screen, won't call a short pass to the tight ends and this will cause ben to be smacked and sacked. run run pass run run pass----makes me sleepy. after smith got hurt we have been run on and on. our linebackers look slow and suddenly forgot how to tackle. sorry guys i grew with the real steel curtain remember 16 yards rushing for the vikings in our first superbowl i expect alot there is a big torch to carry, a long history. if i were the coach i would make our defence sit down with some popcorn and a pepsi and make them watch our defence of the 70s. have some freaken pride dudes. the only good play during the raven game is when carter caused that fumble on a really big stick they should all hit like this all the time. Remember Taylor last time 25 for 147. enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by steel-tex View Post
    We are doomed, i can't see our o-line stepping up at all. Our best lineman is looking foward to next year with another team and a huge paycheck, and a couple other ones stand around and watch our Qb get tossed around like a rag doll. They call me bruce won't call a slant, won't call a screen, won't call a short pass to the tight ends and this will cause ben to be smacked and sacked. run run pass run run pass----makes me sleepy. after smith got hurt we have been run on and on. our linebackers look slow and suddenly forgot how to tackle. sorry guys i grew with the real steel curtain remember 16 yards rushing for the vikings in our first superbowl i expect alot there is a big torch to carry, a long history. if i were the coach i would make our defence sit down with some popcorn and a pepsi and make them watch our defence of the 70s. have some freaken pride dudes. the only good play during the raven game is when carter caused that fumble on a really big stick they should all hit like this all the time. Remember Taylor last time 25 for 147. enough said.
    Are you going to watch the game or be there? Sounds like you've given up. I've been a Steeler fan for over 35 years (since I was 5 years old) and I've never given up on them even in a losing season. I think you will be suprised come saturday on how they play.

My Mood
    Smokin
    I cant wait for tomorrow night!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    WOOO HOOOOO I WILL BE THERE HELPING TO ROCK THE HOUSE from SEC 136!!!!!!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

My Mood
    Smokin
    wow...there sure are alot of you going from here...I am jealous!!! Have fun and cheer us on to Victory!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Man, that's going to be one cold *** game....

Steel City Mafia # 632
    I'm really going to be a wishful thinker and Root for Tennesee, If we win 2 games and they win 2 games then it's an AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh!!!

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thread Information