Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants fans Hating on Steelers & Seahawks

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Giants fans Hating on Steelers & Seahawks

I think Seattle is right behind Pittsburgh for the most overrated team in the league. The Steelers won the SB yes, but does anyone remember how they almost didnt make the playoffs last year, and I think they may miss them this year. The Seahawks play in the NFC WEST, they only play like 4 tough teams and everyone thinks they are this god send. Plus they cheat whenn they play at home so they can beat teams in the Playoffs, well not this year Seattle, they are going down.
    This from a Giants forum thread. I guess this gives our fanbases something to bond over. I guess success breeds jealousy. If we hold only won the SuperBowl, then maybe my Hawks would be ranked in front of you guys in this dudes' mind as the most overrated.

And in other Giants forum news....If any of you are looking to get into a defense of Ben pissing match, join into the below thread. There is plenty here to raise your bllod pressure I am sure...
    http://boards.giants.com/forums/inde...pic=104087&hl=

Below is the opening statement. It gets worse. I find it hard for a team that got shut out by the Panthers in the first round last year to be criticizing a guy like Ben.

Eli's a better quarterback than Ben, Charlie Batch even looked better than Ben. Rothlisburger is so overrated, it makes me sick when people say that Ben is better than Eli. He gets too much credit for the Steeler's wins when it should all be going to the Steeler's defensive play. The Steelers don't depend so much on their quarterback to win ball games, they rely on their defense and their running game.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 09-22-2006 at 06:48 PM.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Why waste time on an inferior NFC team in the giants?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

I didn't even make it past "Eli is a better QB than Ben" and I realized at that point I didn't want to read on! As long as the Giants fans are happy with a Manning leading them into the playoffs that's fine because the playoffs is probably as far as they will go with a Manning running the offense

Yeah, this might have been an entertaining diversion for you guys in the offseason. But I suppose you all have bigger fish to fry this week huh?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You know Plax is somewhere behind all this ! That rat bastard !

These giant fans just kill me, what has Eli done in the league so far? NOTHING ! It's not our fault we have a better owner, better coach, and better players year and year out so we don't have to rebuild like the Giants did ! Suck up gmen, Ben is a step above Eli !

1. Why would Plax have anything to do with this?

2. Obviously this Giants fan doesn't watch the Steelers, and is basing his opinion ENTIRELY on what the media says, otherwise he would have seen the fact that, although we run alot, in the first half of games, we pass quite well to get a lead. The only reason we run more than we pass is because in the 2nd half, after we get a lead, we run to kill the clock. How is Eli better than Ben? Does he have better stats? Sure, because his team doesn't stop passing in the 2nd half. Is he as good as his brother? Hell no. And Ben looked better than Peyton in the playoffs last year. Peyton is still one hell of a QB, but Ben is right up there in terms of greatness.

3. Why the hell is he even talking about us? Do we ever even play them? It's not like we're rivals or anything, why would a Giants fan be talking about the Steelers?

4. The Steelers almost missed the playoffs last year? Hm, I wonder why? Was it perhaps because we didn't have that QB who we "don't depend on to win games"? No, it couldn't have been because Ben got hurt alot last year, because, I mean, the Steelers don't even need him right? It's just our defense that wins games, right? Sure, Ben making big plays in the Super Bowl even though he obviously "didn't have his stuff" (to use a baseball term), is probably what won the Super Bowl for us, but no, we don't need him. He sucks, right?

5. Batch looked better than Ben? Yeah, maybe because Ben only played 4 ****ing drives in the preseason, then had a freakin appendectomy! But obviously you can judge players based on their first game, right? Dumbass.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

OK i live between philly and NYC, (poconos if you know where that is) and it is dominated by Giants, Jets, Eagles fans around here....trust me they are all like this....Manning is god....because his name is Manning and we all know how much that family has accomplished.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im just bitter cuz Plax is such whiney biatch ! Not that I miss him or anything but his attitude when he was a Steeler still irritates me.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hey the Pocono's, that's some great bike riding country up there

I don't know what it is about the NFC east teams like the cowboys, eagles, and giants, they all think they're God's gift to the NFL.

I mean, there are alot of good teams in the NFC East, but why would they be bashing the Steelers? And in such a stupid way, at that? Manning is good, but he's not as good as Peyton, and Ben, well I'm not going to say he's as skilled as Peyton, but he has proven himself to be pretty close, and he has accomplished more in 2 years, than Peyton has in his whole career. (Of course, that does have alot to do with Peyton's whole team putting everything on his shoulders, and expecting him to singlehandedly win playoff games)
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Thread Information