Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jags message board thinks this game will be easy...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Jags message board thinks this game will be easy...

They are thrilled to play the Steelers in the first round.... saying it will be a cake walk...?

Steelers have not lost to a team twice in a season in Pittsburgh in their existance and are 16-7 in home playoffs game since 1970.

Ill say this much the Jags might indeed win this game no doubt, but if their fans or the Jags team think the Steelers are going to be anyones stepping stone, they have another thing coming. The steelers and Parker were able to run the ball against them so I want to see the tides turn and the Steelers run all over and control the clock this time. If it comes down to qb play im taking Big Ben anyday. It will be a very good game and a very good warmup game to get the playoff juices flowing! This is where Ben is going to make his imprint on the game..2007 playoffs!

Can the Steelers beat Jax? Sure, with Ben, they can score plenty of points, if they get a lead and Garrard has to beat them, he could easily throw a lot of picks. Pittsburgh is still very tough at home. But, is there a good possibility of a repeat of the last game? Absolutely. Since Aaron Smith went down, the Steelers have not shown the ability to stop the run, vs Jax, vs StL , vs Balt. This D prided itself on being run stuffers, no-one gets 100 yds on us. The abrupt change in this the last few weeks, may well have shaken their confidence. And I wonder if they can get it back.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    They are thrilled to play the Steelers in the first round.... saying it will be a cake walk...?
    From thier perspective, there is no reason to believe otherwise.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    What the Steelers need to do this game is go into it with a new philosophy on how to beat the Jags because it was apparent from the last game that they couldnt match up to them physically and everything else. So what the Steelers need to do this game against the Jags to have the best chance to win is what the New Orleans Saints did to the Jags back in October when they hung 41 points on them and thats spread it and go empty set very often, and put the ball in the hands of the best player this team has being Ben Roethlisberger. Get Heath Miller involved a lot more as well then he has been in the past few weeks especially in the red zone. I really feel if the Steelers can come out in this game and go no huddle, maybe take the Jags by surprise strike early and quick and put a quick 10-14 on the board right away it will force the Jags to put the ball in Garrard's hands to win and this is where in his first playoff game ever on the road and at night where he can possibly make a lot of mistakes.

The bottom line is the Steelers have got to not let Fred Taylor be a main factor in this game like he was 3 weeks ago where he just ran the ball down their throats. That's why Im saying by getting up early in this game and watching that Saints game and tape of what they did to them early on and Brees throwing for 445 yards if the Steelers can do this and take the Jags run game out and make it a non factor in this game and force Garrard to beat you then they have a definite shot of winning. Steelers definitely have the edge in QB play in this game with Ben versus Garrard in terms of experience and playmaking ability. To win this game against the Jags you gotta put the ball in the hands of this teams MVP and that Ben Roethlisberger.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    That's about the long and short of it right there, I'd be confident too if I were them.

Spreading the Jags out on defense is the best way to beat them; quick strikes on offense and keep them off balance. Our offense has the power to score on them through the air there is no doubt of that but we can't let ourselves get in a hole early and let them dictate the tempo of the game. If we're going to win we need to get out early and make them 1 dimensional. If we do that we can win, if we don't it will be a long day for sure.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Unless our defense stops the run and keeps them one dimensional, they have a good reason to feel like we are an easy win.

Thanks to Zachintosh66 for my awesome website banner!!
    steelersal.com

Steelers have not lost to a team twice in a season in Pittsburgh in their existance and are 16-7 in home playoffs game since 1970.
    Looks like nothing more needs to be said!

Dang I didnt think jags fans could read or write , learn something new every day

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Looks like nothing more needs to be said!
    If this season remotely resembled previous years in terms of on the field play I'd tend to agree with you...but every time we think we have this team figured out they go and do something out of character and find a way to lose a game

STEELERS 17 - JAX 34

Sorry I wish I had a better feeling, but we cannot stop the run and it will burn us again...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    What the Steelers need to do this game is go into it with a new philosophy on how to beat the Jags because it was apparent from the last game that they couldnt match up to them physically and everything else. So what the Steelers need to do this game against the Jags to have the best chance to win is what the New Orleans Saints did to the Jags back in October when they hung 41 points on them and thats spread it and go empty set very often, and put the ball in the hands of the best player this team has being Ben Roethlisberger. Get Heath Miller involved a lot more as well then he has been in the past few weeks especially in the red zone. I really feel if the Steelers can come out in this game and go no huddle, maybe take the Jags by surprise strike early and quick and put a quick 10-14 on the board right away it will force the Jags to put the ball in Garrard's hands to win and this is where in his first playoff game ever on the road and at night where he can possibly make a lot of mistakes.

The bottom line is the Steelers have got to not let Fred Taylor be a main factor in this game like he was 3 weeks ago where he just ran the ball down their throats. That's why Im saying by getting up early in this game and watching that Saints game and tape of what they did to them early on and Brees throwing for 445 yards if the Steelers can do this and take the Jags run game out and make it a non factor in this game and force Garrard to beat you then they have a definite shot of winning. Steelers definitely have the edge in QB play in this game with Ben versus Garrard in terms of experience and playmaking ability. To win this game against the Jags you gotta put the ball in the hands of this teams MVP and that Ben Roethlisberger.
    I suggested last night that the Steelers only chance to beat the Jags is by throwing the ball early and jumping to a quick double digit lead....So I agree spread the field and throw the damn ball...lol If you can't throw the ball deep then run quick slants to Holmes and other WRs...Holmes took a slant to the house yesterday...

Thread Information