Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black, gold -- and blacked out

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Black, gold -- and blacked out

I'm not sure how many of you live in central PA, but if you planned to watch the game (Steelers vs Bengals) at home, better start making other arrangements unless of course you want to watch the Browns and Ravens??? BTW... you can thank the NFL for this one!

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews
    The sight of the archrival Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field is enough to get the Terrible Towel-toting Steelers faithful foaming at the mouth.

Midstate Steelers fans expecting to catch their beloved black and gold on TV, however, are going to be seeing red.

Sunday's National Football League game between the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and the AFC North champion Cincinnati Bengals will not air on local television.

"It is the NFL's decision," said Lou Castriotta, director of operations and programming at WHP, Channel 21.

"The NFL designated the Harrisburg area as a secondary Baltimore Ravens market. Since Baltimore is the visiting team on Sunday, we're mandated by the NFL to air the Ravens [at Cleveland Browns] game."

The Baltimore-Cleveland game will air at 4 p.m. The Bengals-Steelers game has a 1 p.m. kickoff, but CBS isn't designated for a doubleheader Sunday.

"It's an unfortunate circumstance," Castriotta said. "If CBS had a doubleheader Sunday, this wouldn't be a problem. We would definitely air both games."

Fans who subscribe to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket or who wish to visit local establishments with satellites will be able to watch the game.

Those who don't can listen to Steelers-Bengals coverage on radio station WTPA, 93.5 FM. The pregame show begins at 11 a.m., and the game is followed by postgame coverage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I'm not sure how many of you live in central PA, but if you planned to watch the game (Steelers vs Bengals) at home, better start making other arrangements unless of course you want to watch the Browns and Ravens??? BTW... you can thank the NFL for this one!

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews

That's my area! This has been a problem for a while in HBG because the NFL has some stupid idea that because Baltimore is closer to Harrisburg than Pittsburgh the city is part of the raven fanbase. That couldn't be farther from the truth! I would put the breakdown at 60% Steelers, 35% Eagles, and 5% Ravens. Amazing that me bein in DE right now actually helps me see the game! I know my dad is goin to be mad about this! Did someone tell TG? It pisses me off that the NFL does this and prevents the Capital Area from seein the BlackNGold! I'll feel lucky for now but ASAP as I can afford and install it I'm gettin DirecTV!

BuFu

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    This has been going on for years. So anyone up for some mass emailing?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We're used to this in central PA. Ive know the program director of WHP CBS, and I have some connections there too from working with the cable company. Trust me, WHP knows there's more Steeler fans here and everytime the Steelers aren't on, we raise hell with the league. I've got the NFL's number that you can call to complain too if anybody wants it. It's at my desk at work !

Thank GOD !! 93.5 WTPA is Steelers radio network station so I'll be listening on the radio and following along here on SA on sunday!

If there was ever yet another reason to hate Baltimore, this is it !! Those bat rastard purple wearing jailbirds !!!!

House of Steel
    We aren't getting the game here in Cleveland either. I feel for you guys. I absolutely hate it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If I didn't work for the cable company I'd get direct TV just for the sunday ticket !

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    If I didn't work for the cable company I'd get direct TV just for the sunday ticket !
    What's that got to do with anything? Get the Sunday Ticket! The "red zone" channel they have with it is awesome! Goes to whatever game has someone in the RZ! You never miss any scoring with that channel....lol I used it last Sunday since the Steelers weren't on.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    What's that got to do with anything? Get the Sunday Ticket! The "red zone" channel they have with it is awesome! Goes to whatever game has someone in the RZ! You never miss any scoring with that channel....lol I used it last Sunday since the Steelers weren't on.
    I agree with you nothing beats that red zone feature!~
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    I found my rabbit ears, I am going to see if I can get WKBN 27 in from Youngstown since we are only 50 miles from there. I am also going to try KDKA, but that is going to become impossible since it is going to rain and it will interfere with the rabbit ears abilities. I've a few times been lucky to get KDKA on bright, blue clear sky day. I even got Toledo and Detroit in once. It has a range frequency of 135 miles so I can only wish. LOL. Wish me luck.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If the wife wasn't working on sunday I'd be my favorite hangout watching the game with all the Steeler fans...but me and 4 yr old will wave our towels right here..and you can bet your last dollar Im not tuning into WHP for the ratbirds !

Thread Information