Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben out for Sunday Batch to start; Polamalu, Harrison, Rossum, others may sit too

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Ben out for Sunday Batch to start; Polamalu, Harrison, Rossum, others may sit too

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07361/844832-66.stm

After seeing Ben last night on TV at the Arena for the Harlem Globetrotters event gimping around on the court I do believe this is the right move. With Magahee out and Troy Smith starting for Baltimore and the Ravens having a bunch of guys out on defense the Steelers should be able to score enough and win this game with Charlie Batch. Hopefully the Raiders help the Steelers out by beating San Diego to improve are seeding but at this point if that doesnt happen so be it bring on the Jags and then most likely the Pats. The key is having Ben Roethlisberger the guy thats gonna take this team as far as it will go healthy for any sort of playoff run this team plans on making.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hadn't heard anything about this until now so I was wondering how he was doing. It makes sense to keep him out if he's not ready to go; the last thing we need is him aggravating that or one of the ratbirds giving him a cheap shot below the waste and causing him to wretch that leg the wrong way and make it worse.

At least Batch is getting all the snaps this week so he should be ready. We still need to get our asses in gear and win this game and put a stake right through the Ratbirds hearts !

I'm sure he could use the rest... Ravens are gonna get batch slapped.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Just heared the same via text message from KDKA.com. I think Charlie will be fine, he can use the game experience.

I'm A "Champion"

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    It's become quite evident that Tomlin wants to roll the dice and not play for the win, accept the #4 seed and let the chips fall where they may.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    Just heared the same via text message from KDKA.com. I think Charlie will be fine, he can use the game experience.
    I just got the same text. Ok Charlie...it's your time to shine!

2nd String
    wow now charlie's an great back up we should not experience any drop off at the position, i just wonder does ben have an high ankle sprain or just an bad ankle sprain? but i'll say this if we have 2 role through the playoffs with charlie i'm not mad i'll tell u that

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The chances of us getting the 3 seed are slim to none but it would take a miracle for Oakland to beat the Chargers so Tomlin does the smart thing and gets Charlie some reps in case we need him in the playoffs. Plus Batch is more than capable once he gets into a rhythmn during a game so we should be fine..looks like it's going to be a battle of the backups this week with all the starters out on the ratbirds and who knows how long our starters will play. We still better play to win this game and not let up 1 damn bit.

rest them all

Batch is gonna be running for his life , kindda like the early part of his career with the lions

Thread Information