Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porter cited after dogs killed neighbor's horse

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

Porter cited after dogs killed neighbor's horse

not sure if it's been posted but damn...........

WEXFORD, Pa. (AP) - Two dogs owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter got off his fenced property and killed a miniature horse on a nearby farm, leading to citations that carry several hundred dollars in potential fines.

Porter's dogs, a pit bull and a mastiff, got loose Tuesday and killed the horse that was less than three feet tall. The dogs were still in the dead horse's corral when police and animal control officials arrived, Northern Regional Police Chief Bob Amann said.

Porter helped police get the dogs off the property and back to his home. Because Porter's yard is fully fenced, police did not know how the dogs got loose.

"It was an accident and I am not sure how the dogs escaped," Porter said in a statement. "I have reached out to the owners of the horse and will do whatever I can to help them get through this very unfortunate situation."

The horse's owners have so far declined comment.

Porter was cited Thursday for harboring dangerous dogs, failure to confine the dogs, and failure to have the dogs licensed. The fines carry several hundred dollars in potential fines.

Porter said he raised the dogs as pets and not as attack animals and plans to send them to a kennel in California for safe keeping.

Porter lives in Pine Township, north of Pittsburgh, but officials with the Northern Regional Police said Porter's dogs were licensed in his hometown of Bakersfield, California, not in Allegheny County.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5989454
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    OH man, that sucks, Joey Joey Joey, this will teach ya to get your dogs licensed.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    if they were liscensed or not, they still would've got lose and killed the horse lol..
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    True, True.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Damn a pitbull and a mastiff ! Now that's 2 mutts I wouldn't wanna face !

Hopefully this doesn't turn into some long drawn out courtcase with all kinds of problems.

My Mood
    Amazed
    When our puppy was being trained there was a Pit bull puppy in his class and that doggy was so adorable and sweet that I found it hard to believe he would ever attack anything because prior to meeting this Pit bull puppy, I always thought they were a mean spirited breed who killed children.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    When our puppy was being trained there was a Pit bull puppy in his class and that doggy was so adorable and sweet that I found it hard to believe he would ever attack anything because prior to meeting this Pit bull puppy, I always thought they were a mean spirited breed who killed children.

It all goes back to the owners imo. If they train them to be mean and fight, etc.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    It all goes back to the owners imo. If they train them to be mean and fight, etc.

I have heard that too, I sure hope you are right because noone loves dogs more than I do but prior to meeting this lil darling puppy pitbull, I thought they were all mean
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

House of Steel
    My two pups are the most loving individuals I've ever had, but man when it comes to a stranger coming in our yard or in our house, they become some mean spirited dogs. I taught them that, especially in the neighborhood we live in currently. Just the other day, some loser tried to knock on our door and he probably thought noone was home, and man our three dogs (one is my brother in law's) they went off barking like three vicious dogs, that man took off running. I got on the phone immediately and called Cleveland Police. Needless to say, he was trying to rob another place when the cops caught him. I am so proud of my dogs for being protective.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    This has a lot to do with it, but I always think that deep down inside them there is a little switch that gets triggered somehow and the dog goes off, especially if they get that first taste of blood. I've been around some really mellow Pits that I don't think would hurt a flea, but based on their blood line it's in them somewhere and can be easily triggered... IMO.

Thread Information