Thread: Ben's career suggests he'll warm up fine

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Ben's career suggests he'll warm up fine

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06265/724078-66.stm

Friday, September 22, 2006

Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger has had 14 games with a passer rating higher than his much-discussed body temperature Monday night in Jacksonville, even if it were 104 degrees.

Two of those have come against the Cincinnati Bengals, who come to Heinz Field Sunday at something of a fever pitch themselves.

Roethlisberger has cooled down since Monday night and has two more days of antibiotics to kill the virus that infected his body during a 9-0 loss to the Jaguars, a game in which he threw two interceptions and had the third-lowest passer rating (38.7) of his career.

In addition to shaking the virus, Roethlisberger thinks he was able to shake some rust by playing against the Jaguars -- rust that likely accumulated after not having appeared in a game in 24 days, during which he had appendectomy surgery.

"I think it helped, I really do," Roethlisberger said yesterday. "Getting out there for the first time in a long time and getting some game action and getting hit a little bit, I had a 390-pounder land on my neck, so that felt good. But it is good to get out there and, hopefully, I'll be better this week."

Roethlisberger was talking about his performance on the field, not his health.

If history is any indication, he will be.
    Ben has played it cool, and taken the responsibility for the loss on MNF. It wasn't all his fault but he knows he needs to play better. If history repeats itself it's going to be a LONG day for the kitty kats.

House of Steel
    Yep, he is going to torch that secondary for a very long day. I expect Washington, Miller, and Ward to have big days. Willie may get his 100 yards but it will be little at a time.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hopefully all those yards come in the 2nd half when we have a big lead and we're just running out the clock

The post-gazette needs to stop coming on here and using all my material for their stories! j/k Ben always responds in a big way after a lousy, if that's what you want to call it, performance. I'm not the least worried about Ben showing up for this game, he's going to be focused, dialed in, and he's going to make it a long day for the Bengals!

House of Steel
    Someone needs to inform the Post-Gazette about the forum. They could put it on their website as a Fanbase Website. That would get some new members to come in here and check it out.

Thread Information