Thread: Great Analysis

Bookmark and Share
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Thats a very good article I agree with most that was written in that article....Ben and his WRs at times havn't been on the same page.....I have WRs screw up on their routes all year long and there has been dropped passes as well....Those things can be corrected.....Hopefully they will come play-off time...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Our WR's usually do a good job of coming back to help Ben and this year they've had to do that a lot but at the same time they've dropped so many easy catches, even Hines has dropped a fair amount.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Our WR's usually do a good job of coming back to help Ben and this year they've had to do that a lot but at the same time they've dropped so many easy catches, even Hines has dropped a fair amount.
    Yes the WRs usually go a good job...But that article pointed out how Nate stopped running on that deep route against the Cards...Plus Holmes has cut off some routes this year and Ben thought Holmes was going to be at the spot were he threw the ball but Holmes wasn't there...lol Its just growing pains of a young WR....Holmes is a bad *** but he is just still in his second year...I would hope that maybe Ben and his WRs start putting in the work like Manning and his WRs do....Not saying our guys don't work hard....But Manning and his WRs are always in sync for the most part....I would like to see that with Ben and his WRs....

2nd String
    yea but the truth is ben could b better n delivering the ball also at times he throws an wobbly ball, he underthrows the deep ball,he allways thrownig behind recievers, imagine if he hits them n stride, he also doesn't dump the ball off 2 his safety valve enough...................i'm not dumoping on ben, because the recievers has drop a lot of balls also,but ben needs 2 work on his arm strentgh an him an the recievers should put n extra time after pratice, because ben scrambbles alot they need 2 b on the same page on what 2 do when ben scrambbles, it's not all ben but ben is going 2 b our franchise qb 4 the next 10 years,remember we go as far as ben arm will take us next year will prove if ben will b an hall of fame qb or just an good qb, i want 2 c the results of real hard word on ben reading defenses, an his arm strentgh improving an him hitting his recievers n stride more.................

My Mood
    Mad
    Yes Ben has missed on passes as well...But you missed the point of the article kind of hard to hit a WR in stride when he isn't in the spot Ben thinks he is since the WR cut off his route or quit running like Nate did on that deep pass against the Cards.....

As for his arm strength...He doesn't have a cannon like Favre....But look at that deep ball he threw to Holmes against the Jets...That ball was easily thrown 55-60 yards down field....He doesn't have time in the pocket to throw deep most of the time....It takes time in the pocket to throw deep...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With Hines missing a few games, Holmes missing several games the team has done well to get the production they have so far but as the article points out from a WR standpoint there is always room for improvement. The NFL is full of injuries and uncertainty so you have to take advantage of ever practice, every game snap, every film session so when you're number is called you come through in a game situation. Our guys can do it but they've faltered at times. Ben can be blamed for some of it but the WR's share a big part too.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Good article.....Arians, Ben, the WR's, the OL are all the problem, they have to get and stay on the same page. Nothing like wanting to win a game when your down no matter by how many points and your OC gives up. How ****ing deflating is that to the players confidence? Our depth at WR like many of us know....SUCKS!!! I'd rather have Wilson and especially Nate be consistent and catch everything thrown to them then to make a big play once every 3-4 games. Nate is like a puppy getting ready to play ball with you when he sees the ball coming at him, eyes big, tail wagging, all excited....difference between the puppy and Nate? the puppy catches the ball. Nothin we can do about the OL this late in the season, just hope they don't play any worse and get Ben into the playoffs healthy.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information