Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Rams (Wk. 16)

Hybrid View

Steelers vs. Rams (Wk. 16)

vs.

Thursday December 20, 2007
    8:15 PM EST

It's really turning into a do or die situation for the Steelers. They control their own destiny at this point and should really win out just so their are no questions about them being in the playoffs. Both the Steelers and Rams enter the game with a two game losing streak. This just so happens to be the first time all season that the Steelers have lost consecutive games. How will Tomlin prepare his team this time around especially on a short week?

The Steelers have really been sitting on the pot for about the past 5 to 6 weeks. I think it's time they wipe their *** and get out there on the field and take care of business as they did early in the season. By that I mean beating teams they are suppose to and in a profound way. Not these performance like they had against the Jets, Miami and Cleveland. Yes they won two of three but it wasn't pretty! The Rams have been plagued with injuries all year and are finally starting to look a little healthy, with the exception of Bulger. Right now he is listed as questionable but whether it's Bulger or Ferotte it doesn't matter because he's put up decent numbers as well.

Just once this year, it would be nice to see the Steelers come out the tunnel and play a complete 60 minute game and really stick it to their opponent! Nothing would build their confidence more and help mentally prepare them for the playoffs than a sound victory against a struggling Rams team. This is also the perfect chance for Willie to put a strangle hold on the NFL rushing title because he'll be indoors and have the perfect weather, which actually brings up another point. There has been talk circulating that this Steelers team is no longer the smash mouth football team that it use to be. People are saying the Steelers are built around speed and need nice manicured fields and good weather that you would only get in a dome. Well... we will see Thursday when they travel to St. Louis to play in the dome, just what can these Steelers do when playing conditions are perfect?

Join us this Thursday here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Here We Go Steelers!! No excuses!!

Waterboy

Fan Motivation

When your back is up against the wall you pull out your Terrible Towel, look back toward legacy and get fired up. Rabid Steeler fan and Pittsburgh photographer Chris Maverick went way over the top for Week 16. Read his story here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismaverick/2123719117/
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 12-20-2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Fixed path

Quote Originally Posted by DeeHoll View Post
    When your back is up against the wall you pull out your Terrible Towel, look back toward legacy and get fired up. Rabid Steeler fan and Pittsburgh photographer Chris Maverick went way over the top for Week 16. Read his story here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismaverick/2123719117/

lol...Classic!
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

My Mood
    Chatty
    WE ARE WINNING THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    WE ARE WINNING THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We better...... If not the Steelers better just pack it in this year....lol I wonder if Troy will actually do something in this game tonight? Silly me what am I thinking....Troy will again not have an INT and probably get ran over by Steven Jackson a few times tonight....Plus get burned in coverage as well....lol

I still think the Steelers will win in a shoot out though...

37 Steelers Rams 31......

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    vs.

Thursday December 20, 2007
    8:15 PM EST

It's really turning into a do or die situation for the Steelers. They control their own destiny at this point and should really win out just so their are no questions about them being in the playoffs. Both the Steelers and Rams enter the game with a two game losing streak. This just so happens to be the first time all season that the Steelers have lost consecutive games. How will Tomlin prepare his team this time around especially on a short week?

The Steelers have really been sitting on the pot for about the past 5 to 6 weeks. I think it's time they wipe their *** and get out there on the field and take care of business as they did early in the season. By that I mean beating teams they are suppose to and in a profound way. Not these performance like they had against the Jets, Miami and Cleveland. Yes they won two of three but it wasn't pretty! The Rams have been plagued with injuries all year and are finally starting to look a little healthy, with the exception of Bulger. Right now he is listed as questionable but whether it's Bulger or Ferotte it doesn't matter because he's put up decent numbers as well.

Just once this year, it would be nice to see the Steelers come out the tunnel and play a complete 60 minute game and really stick it to their opponent! Nothing would build their confidence more and help mentally prepare them for the playoffs than a sound victory against a struggling Rams team. This is also the perfect chance for Willie to put a strangle hold on the NFL rushing title because he'll be indoors and have the perfect weather, which actually brings up another point. There has been talk circulating that this Steelers team is no longer the smash mouth football team that it use to be. People are saying the Steelers are built around speed and need nice manicured fields and good weather that you would only get in a dome. Well... we will see Thursday when they travel to St. Louis to play in the dome, just what can these Steelers do when playing conditions are perfect?

Join us this Thursday here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

HERE HERE!!!!!
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Less than 2 hours till kickoff...it's now or never boys and girl !!

Here we go !!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Less than 2 hours till kickoff...it's now or never boys and girl !!

Here we go !!
    It's now and we are gonna win!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Man less then a hour, HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO ! ! !

Thread Information