Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Steelers (Wk. 3)

Hybrid View

Bengals vs. Steelers (Wk. 3)

vs.
    Sunday September 24, 2006
    Heinz Field - 1:00 PM EST

The Bengals travel to Pittsburgh this weekend for a matchup they have been waiting for, for 8 months! Unfortunately, the guy they will be looking for is no longer wearing a Steeler jersey because he has traded it in for a Jets jersey! Carson Palmer has returned to the field and has been impressive all things considered, while Ben has had a black cloud following him around that has us all scratching our heads and wondering what will happen next!

This matchup is now one of the Steelers biggest rivalries, just because the Bengals are somewhat good now! The Bengals bring in a "somewhat" impressive offense that will surely test one of the top defenses in the league. The Steelers offense, or what there is of it after last week, is looking to rebound against a Bengal defense that hasn't been tested at this point of the season. The keys for a Steelers victory are:
    • The Ben we all are use to needs to show up! Ben had a lot of rust last week and his performance showed it.
    • Running game needs to reemerge after an anemic performce last week.
    • Defense needs to get pressure on Palmer and the DB's need to hold their assignments.

Last week Troy played with one arm and still performed better than most other safeties in the league, he remains on the injured list this week as Questionable. One other Steeler notable on the list is Ward with his nagging hamstring. Look for all the Steelers to be in uniform and ready for this big matchup!

Tune in this Sunday and join us here in the gameday thread as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    That looks great AZ! Lots of info.

Now it's time to get the game talk going!

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Polamalu is now probable and looking very ready to play according to ESPN.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

That's awesome news Pitt!! I know it was just a deep bruise and bruises usually don't last to long! I'm looking for Troy to do some big things this game plus I prefer a Troy with 2 arms instead of one!!!

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    That's awesome news Pitt!! I know it was just a deep bruise and bruises usually don't last to long! I'm looking for Troy to do some big things this game plus I prefer a Troy with 2 arms instead of one!!!
    Yeah watching him run around iwth his one arm hanging by his waist wasnt very good to see.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    A 1 armed Troy is better than most of the safeties in this league.. a 2 armed Troy is the beast of all beast Safeties ! Good to see him back and starting to feel better.

Troy Polamalu=Palmers worst nightmare....no matter how good of friends they are.

For those of you who may not remember that last time the Steeler Bengals played, but I don't know how one would forget

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....609230371/1022

THE LAST TIME: Steelers 31, Bengals 17; Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006, at Paul Brown Stadium. The Bengals' first playoff game in 15 years ended in disappointment as the Steelers rallied from a 10-point deficit in the second quarter, shutting out the Bengals the final 36 minutes of the game. Cincinnati QB Carson Palmer suffered two torn ligaments on the Bengals' second offensive play of the game when Pittsburgh DE Kimo von Oelhoffen slammed into Palmer's left knee. Despite the loss, the Bengals built a 17-7 lead behind backup Jon Kitna. Kitna threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to T.J. Houshmandzadeh with 6:13 left in the second quarter, but that would be the last time the Bengals would score. Pittsburgh responded with a touchdown drive of its own, capped by Ben Roethlisberger's 5-yard scoring toss to Hines Ward. Roethlisberger threw three touchdown passes in the game on just 19 attempts. Pittsburgh held the Bengals to six first downs and 105 net yards of offense in the second half. Kitna was intercepted twice in the second half, while the Steelers sealed the game with a 43-yard touchdown from Roethlisberger to WR Cedrick Wilson on a play that started with Antwaan Randle El taking the snap, running right and then throwing back to Roethlisberger who then found Wilson wide open behind the defense. It was the first of three straight road wins in the playoffs for the Steelers, who then went on to beat Seattle in Super Bowl XL.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    We need and want this win for several reasons--none of which are small ones, but the biggest (IMO) is that winning this one will "re-establish" us as top contenders and a team to be feared.

Well, it will for STEELERS fans anyway. The media rarely seems to acknowledge that no matter how many we win or who we win against.

I rarely go into a game thinkin' "we might lose this one", and I almost always have confidence that they can pull it off no matter who we play against, but I think our team needs to win this particular one for their own confidence level.

We need to let the kitty cats know "We STILL Dey"!! early in the season, but I could never hate our guys no matter how badly they play or how many they'd lose. I'm not a fair weather fan (I'm definitely a black and gold bleeder), but this would be as great for our guys as it would be for us as fans, and I'm gonna be cheerin' them all the way!

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!
    Here we go Steelers, here we go!!

Thread Information