Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proof that Titans would win strength of victory tiebraker over Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Proof that Titans would win strength of victory tiebraker over Steelers...

common games. Both teams are 2-3 in common games.

TEN: JAC W/L, CIN L, DEN L, NYJ W

PIT: JAC L, CIN W/W, DEN L, NYJ L

So the tiebreaker then goes to SOV in which the Titans have a reasonable edge
    I've looked a little more at the potential strength of victory tiebreaker between Pittsburgh and Tennessee, which would occur if both teams were 10-6, Pittsburgh won next week at St. Louis, and Cleveland out against Cincy and San Fran and won its division at 11-5.

There are 16 other games which would affect strength of victory, Tennessee holding a 67-63 advantage going in. Six affect Pittsburgh's strength of victory alone, nine affect Tennessee's alone, and one (Seattle at Atlanta in week 17) affects both.

The Titans would need four of those 16 results to guarantee a strength of victory advantage. If they only got three, it looks like they have an overwhelming advantage in strength of schedule, the next tiebreaker.

While there's probably about a 2% chance of this scenario occurring, I think it would be very unlikely for Pittsburgh to hold an edge.

As for the Titans chances, yes, they will have difficulty with the Colts but keep 2 things in mind. 1) Historically, after the Colts have had their seed locked, they have kept their starters in for only a drive or two before playing backups. This should make the game easier on the Titans. 2) The Titans were a dropped Brandon Jones catch away from being in FG range for the game-winning FG against the Manning-led Colts in week 2. I'm not saying either of these will give the Titans the win, but the Colts game is definitely winnable.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post

I've looked a little more at the potential strength of victory tiebreaker between Pittsburgh and Tennessee, which would occur if both teams were 10-6, Pittsburgh won next week at St. Louis, and Cleveland out against Cincy and San Fran and won its division at 11-5.

There are 16 other games which would affect strength of victory, Tennessee holding a 67-63 advantage going in. Six affect Pittsburgh's strength of victory alone, nine affect Tennessee's alone, and one (Seattle at Atlanta in week 17) affects both.

The Titans would need four of those 16 results to guarantee a strength of victory advantage. If they only got three, it looks like they have an overwhelming advantage in strength of schedule, the next tiebreaker.

While there's probably about a 2% chance of this scenario occurring, I think it would be very unlikely for Pittsburgh to hold an edge.

As for the Titans chances, yes, they will have difficulty with the Colts but keep 2 things in mind. 1) Historically, after the Colts have had their seed locked, they have kept their starters in for only a drive or two before playing backups. This should make the game easier on the Titans. 2) The Titans were a dropped Brandon Jones catch away from being in FG range for the game-winning FG against the Manning-led Colts in week 2. I'm not saying either of these will give the Titans the win, but the Colts game is definitely winnable.
    Dude you must have a lot of smoke rollin out your ears with all these scenarios and what if's. Relax.....its going to play out one way or another, if the Steelers woulda taken care of business when they should have I can imagine we would all be sleeping easier. It is what it is.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

The sky is falling, the sky is falling !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Dude you must have a lot of smoke rollin out your ears with all these scenarios and what if's. Relax.....its going to play out one way or another, if the Steelers woulda taken care of business when they should have I can imagine we would all be sleeping easier. It is what it is.....
    The last time I slept easy was the ratbird game, since then I haven't slept for **** trying to stay on top of what has to happen. All I know is this team better win out these last 2 games or they don't deserve to get in,even through the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post

whew! that made my head hurt! thanks for the information, though. sometimes i don't like to read that stuff because it makes me more angry than i already am.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    falcons-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    LMAO!

Anyway, the Steelers just need to win their final two games and their in the playoffs and win the divison. THEY CANNOT LOOSE! They have to win the final two games or at least the Browns loose one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    classic!!!

Everything comes down to the Steelers need to just win out... they control their destiny and it's completely up to them where they end up...

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    i`LL BE HONEST, If it takes us getting a wild card to get in the playoffs, then screw the playoffs!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Chatty
    My brain hurts from all this stuff! I'm just going to wait and see what happens when it happens.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The last time I slept easy was the ratbird game, since then I haven't slept for shiat trying to stay on top of what has to happen. All I know is this team better win out these last 2 games or they don't deserve to get in,even through the back door.

Amen! To that.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information