Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin had better at least get this team in the playoffs...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

Mike Tomlin had better at least get this team in the playoffs...

Or the scrutiny and the amount of heat he is going to take from the media and especially the fans will be Tomlin's worst nightmare. Right now the way things set up it is not impossible for the Steelers to miss the playoffs. First off, a win this week means nothing pretty much unless the Browns and Titans lose this week the Steelers will not clinch ****, so as far as this week goes in terms of clinching a playoff birth the Steelers do not control their own destiny. If the Browns and Titans do win out and the Steelers win in St Louis and lose in Baltimore they will miss the playoffs. Now I know that is a long shot and it will take a loss by the Steelers against a pathetic Baltimore team to do so but its not like you sit there and say omg that is impossible and wont happen at all that is not the case here at all. The Browns finish up with the Bengals on the road and the Niners at home two teams they can definitely beat and probably should beat. So the odds of them winning out are a lot better then them losing out if push comes to shove. As for the Titans they need to beat the Jets in Tennessee this week which probably will happen, and they also need to beat the Colts in Indy. Now I know many of you are probably thinking the Titans have no shot to beat the Colts in Indy. Well guess what they just might because the Colts this past weekend already wrapped up a first round bye and are going to have absolutely nothing to play for at all that last week. That could mean Peyton Manning sitting out the majority of that game and putting Jim Sorgi in for him,and Addai and Wayne sitting out as well along with a lot of the Colts D which is banged up. Now Tennessee normally plays Indy tough no matter who is playing, but if you factor in that the Colts might not play their starters the whole game combined with the fact the Titans are going to be desperate and do anything to win that game then the odds very much favor the Titans to win that game by a fluke or just by playing over their heads knowing their fighting for their playoff lives.

So the bottom line is the Steelers had BETTER WIN these last 2 games to assure themselves that this doesnot indeed happen. And the way the Steelers have played on the road this year losing to a bad Jets team and in Denver and Arizona nothing is for sure at all. Keep in mind also Baltimore always plays the Steelers tough in Baltimore no matter how good they are, and they are going to want payback for that Monday night *** whooping they got here back in November. And also factor in that if Baltimore loses to us that last week they would have finished the year on a 10 game losing streak and going 0-6 within the AFC North both of those are very tough to do and you can bet the Ravens are not going to want to do neither of them.

So Ill finish up by saying one more time Mike Tomlin had better have this team focused and ready to go these last 2 weeks and prepared to play and win. Because if he would dare miss the playoffs and go from 9-3 and first place to choking away a wildcard spot, his credibility from here on out and as long as he coaches this Steelers team will be shot and he is going to take a ton of heat from the fanbase here. They will be his worst enemy. It will also be a bad sign to come for the next few years under Tomlin's guidance because if he collapses like this his first year under the job then what does that mean for years to come under him?? I dont think it will happen, but Im just saying if it does Mike Tomlin better go crawl under a rock with the rest of this sub par coaching staff because they are going to have a rain of **** put on them like they have never seen before.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm sure glad we play on Thursday this week because I can't take much more of this playoff talk without seeing the guys play and hopefully get a win to get back on track headed into the post season.

We've analyzed every scenario 9 ways to Sunday and now it's time for this team to put up or shut up, plain and simple.

Tomlin will get media scrutiny after this year is over no matter how the outcome is unless we won the Super Bowl and even then he'd still get over analyzed. He's the 3rd Steeler coach following 2 legends and he inherited a team full of SB caliber players so the pressure has been on him since day 1.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Yea very true TG but if the Steelers were to win this week and lose in Baltimore and the Browns and Titans win out like I said is not completely impossible based on all the circumstances his credibility will be down the shitter. I dont think he is going to face as many criticism if he wins the division, wins a home playoff game and then loses to Indy or the Pats in the divisional round like most people think. At this point I will consider that a successful season for a first year head coach considering everybody picked Baltimore and Cincy to win this division at the start of the year. On the other hand, if Tomlin misses the playoffs and the team collapses he is going to look like a total **** and a lot of fans are going to turn against him in a major way. There is a lot of pressure on Mike Tomlin to win these last two games in particular that game in Baltimore if the Steelers happen not to clinch a playoff spot or the division this week. He better have a sense of urgency and get the problems on this team fixed and fixed NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Yea very true TG but if the Steelers were to win this week and lose in Baltimore and the Browns and Titans win out like I said is not completely impossible based on all the circumstances his credibility will be down the shiatter. I dont think he is going to face as many criticism if he wins the division, wins a home playoff game and then loses to Indy or the Pats in the divisional round like most people think. At this point I will consider that a successful season for a first year head coach considering everybody picked Baltimore and Cincy to win this division at the start of the year. On the other hand, if Tomlin misses the playoffs and the team collapses he is going to look like a total shiat and a lot of fans are going to turn against him in a major way. There is a lot of pressure on Mike Tomlin to win these last two games in particular that game in Baltimore if the Steelers happen not to clinch a playoff spot or the division this week. He better have a sense of urgency and get the problems on this team fixed and fixed NOW.
    tomlin has completely dropped the ball this season. no more talk about the offense not executing, no more talk about lebeau changing to the tampa/2, no more talk about bruce arians' shiatty play calling. it's tomlin's job to lay down the law when things aren't up to par. i'm sure he might feel apprehensive to open his mouth because it's his first year as head coach but enough is enough! i just hope he's lit a fire under the coaches' butts since sunday and told them to get their head out of their asses!
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If this team needs any motivation to get out of this funk they can look no further than the mirror's in the locker room. They dug this hole for themselves when they had every opportunity to lock up the division weeks ago so now it's up to them to dig themselves out and go into the playoffs on a winning note. It's all about how bad this team wants it. If they play their game they can beat St. Louis and Baltimore easily but if they don't they will be in trouble and Tomlin will see an uttle collapse unfold right in front of his very eyes.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The team probably would be in the play-offs already if God himself oh I mean Troy Polamalu ever made a game changing play this year.....Even if the Steelers miss the play-offs I'm willing to give Tomlin a pass...He is a rookie HC.....As for Troy there is no excuse for his sorry tail anymore.....

My Mood
    Clowns
    Gimmie a break dude havent we already been down this road before here with you. How about if the god damn line like piece of **** Sean Mahan could actually block for Ben and prevent him from getting sacked almost 40 times this year and the horrific play of the special teams, and the entire defense 4 different times this year in the Zona,Denver,Jets,and Jags game where they could have gotten stops and they didnt do it. Its not just Troy on the D its the whole D as a unit that has sucked *** when it really matters.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    Gimmie a break dude havent we already been down this road before here with you. How about if the god damn line like piece of shiat Sean Mahan could actually block for Ben and prevent him from getting sacked almost 40 times this year and the horrific play of the special teams, and the entire defense 4 different times this year in the Zona,Denver,Jets,and Jags game where they could have gotten stops and they didnt do it. Its not just Troy on the D its the whole D as a unit that has sucked *** when it really matters.
    Yes he will TG and thats exactly my point his credibility for the rest of his tenure here as Steelers coach will be completely shot and a lot of the fan base will turn on him very quickly. Tomlin has a ton of pressure on him right now to make the playoffs a TON.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 12-18-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Gimmie a break dude havent we already been down this road before here with you. How about if the god damn line like piece of shiat Sean Mahan could actually block for Ben and prevent him from getting sacked almost 40 times this year and the horrific play of the special teams, and the entire defense 4 different times this year in the Zona,Denver,Jets,and Jags game where they could have gotten stops and they didnt do it. Its not just Troy on the D its the whole D as a unit that has sucked *** when it really matters.
    The whole D has sucked the last two weeks.....I have posted about the D and how bad they have sucked two weeks in a row...lol But Troy has sucked all year...Keep pissing all over yourself when Troy makes his 5 tackles a game which he misses about that many anymore a game also....The fact is clear that Troy isn't the same player he was in 04 and 05....I can admit it.....

As for the Oline...Again many times I have posted on the Oline and how bad they suck.....the kick coverage units suck every year...I'm just use to that by now...

Its just really funny how some of you homers defend Troy... What it is it 20 games now since Troy's last INT?...lol Yea he is so ****ing great....While Ed Reed has his usual 6 for the Ravens....I use to think Troy was right behind Reed...Now Troy would be lucky to crack the top five best S in the NFL.... Well with Sean Taylor's tragic murder....He has a shot to regain top five status next year....I doubt he will.....

Troy is spiritual zen master wimp anymore...If the Steelers want to win the Super Bowl in the near future they will need the Troy of 04 and 05...

troy has to still be feeling the effects of his injury. i'm not making excuses but it's hard to see him not himself. something is wrong with the entire organization. it needs a good spring cleaning.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Clowns
    Troy has had a bad year I wont deny that he has not played as well as he has in the past and has been injured way too much, but you act like its the only reason why the team is struggling and why they havent clinched the playoffs. This team has many many problems and holes and gaps to fill in the next few seasons, and even though Troy Polamalu is not having the same type of year he had back in 04 and 05 he ranks very very low right now on the list of problems this team has going into next year.
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    This front office and Tomlin and this staff had better worry about finding a replacement for Alan Faneca in free agency or the draft for next year for years to come, and fixing the potholes in that pathetic offensive line, and getting a number 3 wide receiver who can catch the ball and not drop it 5,000 times a season like Nate Washington before they even worry about how Troy is performing on the field.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 12-18-2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information