Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin had better at least get this team in the playoffs...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Troy has had a bad year I wont deny that he has not played as well as he has in the past and has been injured way too much, but you act like its the only reason why the team is struggling and why they havent clinched the playoffs. This team has many many problems and holes and gaps to fill in the next few seasons, and even though Troy Polamalu is not having the same type of year he had back in 04 and 05 he ranks very very low right now on the list of problems this team has going into next year.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This front office and Tomlin and this staff had better worry about finding a replacement for Alan Faneca in free agency or the draft for next year for years to come, and fixing the potholes in that pathetic offensive line, and getting a number 3 wide receiver who can catch the ball and not drop it 5,000 times a season like Nate Washington before they even worry about how Troy is performing on the field.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 12-18-2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I have little doubt Troy will return next year as the Troy we're used to seeing. Troy is a phenomenal athlete and there's a reason we drafted him #1 and traded up to get him. He'll return to form in 05,

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I have little doubt Troy will return next year as the Troy we're used to seeing. Troy is a phenomenal athlete and there's a reason we drafted him #1 and traded up to get him. He'll return to form in 05,
    I hope so Top....We need him big time...I still think he has the talent to be great....Something isn't right...I don't know what it is....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All I can honestly think of is that the injuries he's had must have just really thrown him off this year. I mean he doesn't seem like the type to take his big contract and just fall apart like many players do. He's always been committed to the team and gave 100 percent. Whatever he's doing different this year he needs to file it away as what NOT to do in the future

It's ridiculous to say that Tomlin's credibility goes down the tubes for 1 season, it barely deserves a response.This team was not picked by anyone to finish first on our division, except by some of the people on here. The team has a lot of issues that need addressed, bottom line. Starters at some position and depth guys at others. The team is not that far off but it is also not quite ready for the Super Bowl either...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Troy doesn't play well as a feather-weight ....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Or the scrutiny and the amount of heat he is going to take from the media and especially the fans will be Tomlin's worst nightmare.
    Tomlin can yell, screaM, kick the players asses...**** it he could even light a firecracker up everyones *** before each snap but ultimately its up to the players to execUte and play football. This is Tomlin's first year (I'm getting so tired repeating this crap) no way he catches as much BS as you say he will.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Tomlin should be judged after his 3rd year .... PERIOD. Anything sooner is not only unfair, it's irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Tomlin can yell, screaM, kick the players asses...**** it he could even light a firecracker up everyones *** before each snap but ultimately its up to the players to execUte and play football. This is Tomlin's first year (I'm getting so tired repeating this crap) no way he catches as much BS as you say he will.
    ya, i don't like when people want tomlin to act like cowher. tony dungy doesn't jump around and spit in his players faces. the colts still managed to get a ring last season without a bill cowheresque coach.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Draft Pick portcityblackandgold's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I wondered when it would happen. Even though the team's play is ultimately the head coach's responsibility. In his defense we lost to an undefeated team and a team we lose to annually. How many victories did Cowher have against New England and Jacksonville versus defeats? Its not fair to compare the two. The team is not playing well for the last two weeks. My feelings are still the same. I'd rather we play bad now than lose in January.

Anutha fine masterpiece by the picasso of sigs K-Train

Thread Information