My Mood
    Addicted

Exclamation What's missing?

I'll tell you what I think we are missing:

1 - The Bus
    2 - Kreider
    3 - A tough OL
    4 - Pass rush!

OK, I know we won't get Bettis back but he is #1 for a reason, ATTITUDE! This team isn't tough anymore. This team doesn't run people over like Bettis did. You take Kreider and let him hit someone, then you take Bettis and hit them again. Guess what, they don't like that much.....lol And that doesn't even add in Ward getting some shots in.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Parker to an extent. But that is about it. Hate when they run him in the red zone and in short yardage but think he is great between the 20's.
    I agree this OL is one of the worst I've seen the Steelers have.
    I think some of the problems on D stems from the offense not being able to run the ball like we use to. Not all problems but some. Our D plays so much better when we can run the ball and control the clock and tempo. Keyword - TEMPO! Just controlling TOP isn't everything. When you run with power and push the other team around the D reacts to that and does the same.
    If we keep going the way we are going (speed and soft) we need to change the D up to match. We need some cover corners and a DL or two that can rush the QB. I just don't think the way our O and D play compliment each other very well this year.
    And the ST's sucks as always!
    Anyways, just my opinions and really needed to get them off my chest...

Oh ya, where can I get some of those glasses K???

heres whats missing....and his name is gosder lol

oh and here

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We need to definitely get our OL together, that would help the team as a whole. It would make Ben and Willie breathe easier having to be back there and it would definitely give the D a much needed rest. We could have longer sustained drives, give Ben more time and Willie better holes to run through. It would also allow us to use our TE's more in the passing game instead of stayin back tryin to pass block. Our DL needs to be younger, everybody who is worth anything is either 30 or close to it.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Its a miracle ben and willie have been so successful this year, imagine how good we could be line a line worth something

My Mood
    Addicted
    We could be pretty good this year if we just stopped pretending to be a power running team. Spread the field and let Ben, Willie, Holmes and Ward take control. Ben just needs to see the TE or RB when the rush is on him. Take the short passes when needed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Would you settle for 2 out of 4? LOL.

Im afraid Kreider isn't coming back next year but if they are smart they'll bring him back. Davis has done nothing and inspires toughness in nobody. If Arians has anything to say about it he'll want Davis

Toughness on the OL and toughness everywhere else, yah you got that right. We need to get back to that intimidating, punch you in the mouth, lay the wood every chance we get, take every shot on you that's as close to rules as you can get and hell I'd be ok with the occasional personal foul if it means we strike fear in somebody's receivers other than Cincy....

My Mood
    Addicted
    As much as I'd like to see us go back to that style of football I just don't see it happening. I would be happy if they just stopped trying to play like they are that type of team. They have speed on offense so use it.

What's missing:

STEELER FOOTBALL!!

Our D is built around a running O, when we run the ball we allow the D to rest, when we go out gun slinging our D can't get the rest needed to perform. Simple as that.......
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    What's missing:

STEELER FOOTBALL!!

Our D is built around a running O, when we run the ball we allow the D to rest, when we go out gun slinging our D can't get the rest needed to perform. Simple as that.......
    Ya know, I use to think just that too. I actually now think it wasn't that our D was built around a running O. It was the way we controlled the games and limited the other teams offensive plays. It seems like (IMO) the D can play so much better with a limited number of plays. Don't ask me why. Mostly I guess because I've seen the offense control the ball and the D still play poorly so it can't just be they are tired out.
    Another thing I feel is more important for our D than a running game is QB pressure. When they don't get to the QB they don't play well on D.

True, very true. Allowing a team to run a 20 play drive is horrid! Like you said we have lost all pass rush, give any QB time in the pocket and they will make plays.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information