Thread: The Browns can actually clinch a playoff spot Sunday before the Steelers do...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

The Browns can actually clinch a playoff spot Sunday before the Steelers do...

I know this is hard to believe but let me tell you why. If the Browns beat the Bengals Sunday they clinch because they would have an AFC conference record of 8-4 and be 10-5 and finish no worse then 10-6. They would clinch because the Titans even if they win their last 2 games within the AFC against the Jets and Indy the best their conference record could be would be 7-5. The Steelers do not clinch unless they get help this weekend because this win over the Rams is a non conference game. They would still be 7-4 in the conference going into the last week with the possiblity of being tied with the Titans at 7-5 if the Titans win out then it would come down to strength of victory. So the breakdown is this its still very possible for the Steelers to still be tied for first place on Sunday and own the tiebraker and be ahead of the Browns but the Browns clinch before them because they have the better conference record over the Titans and Steelers at the time. This is all assuming the Titans beat the Jets which I think they will do. If the Titans lose to the Jets the Steelers clinch no matter what they do. Just a very very strange scenario though that could very well happen Sunday something to keep in mind.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    It will not happen, the clowns will chock

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I agree I really think the Bengals will show up and play well this week especially since the game is in Cincy. The Bengals want payback on the Browns for putting up 51 points on them in week 2, and also for knocking them out of the playoffs back in 2003 in late December in Cincy. These games are always high scoring and always come down to the wire. The Bengals always seem to beat the Browns in Cincy too. I much like you think the Browns will choke and what happened this past weekend just gave them false hope and prolonged it another week. I really think the way things will play out is Steelers win Thursday and Browns lose in Cincy on Sunday.

i'm sick and tired of being in this position all the friggin time! we always do this to ourselves and have to dig out of a hole.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    i'm sick and tired of being in this position all the friggin time! we always do this to ourselves and have to dig out of a hole.

To me, "digging out of a hole" is being in the hunt for a wild-card, and having to depend on one or two teams to win just so we can BE a wild-card. Just my

Thread Information