Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glaring problems on this team so far this season...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jets-hater

Glaring problems on this team so far this season...

If we don't get on a roll these last two games we will lose no matter who we play in the Playoffs.

It's time for Coach Tomlin to take over this football team. Bruce Arian's and Ben can not win football games. Bruce's play calling was horrible again today. The decision to let Ben make so many calls is also a horrible decision. Willie had success running the football and yet again, we threw the ball way too often. 20 passes in the first half for a Pittsburgh Steeler team is beyond stupid.

The Offensive Line is pathetic. Mahan is a disaster. Marvel has gone down hill fast. We are in big trouble on our Line, especially when we can't re-sign Alan. This Faneca situation is part of the problem with this Season.

The Defense is very soft. Letting the Jags go right down the field after an emotional tying of the game is unacceptable. I could have forgave the record running yards they gave up if they could have made one big stop, but they couldn't.

I can't understand how bad we have gotten, so quickly. We have major holes and need to rebuild this team quickly. I knew we had holes all Season and that was fine, but being this bad, this late in the year is unacceptable. I said it before on here and Ill say it again the Jets game has destroyed this teams psychi and I think its still very much in their heads a lot because ever since that game this Steelers team has just not been the same at all.

we are the most inconsistent team in the nfl. that simple.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I can't understand how bad we have gotten, so quickly. We have major holes and need to rebuild this team quickly. I knew we had holes all Season and that was fine, but being this bad, this late in the year is unacceptable. I said it before on here and Ill say it again the Jets game has destroyed this teams psychi and I think its still very much in their heads a lot because ever since that game this Steelers team has just not been the same at all.
    For the record, we didn't "get bad" ... we just happened to look a LOT better than the average team that we are by beating up on bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    we are the most inconsistent team in the nfl. that simple.
    not quite....

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    not quite....
    pretty close then
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    jets-hater
    I still say the Jets game was the turning point for this season because ever since then the team has just not looked sharp at all and I think in the back of their minds still that game is still planted in their heads. If it indeed is in the back of their minds and in their heads it needs to get removed immediately because this Rams teams they are playing Thursday even though they are 3-11 they are more talented then the Jets and if the Steelers show up and play the same way they did in New York the same thing will happen to them Thursday night in St Louis.

It all starts at the o-line !!! Ben has NO TIME to let a play develope...

I think Ben has plenty of time to let the play develop he just hangs onto it a little too long trying to find a receiver and going through all his checks...

The defense has become very soft the past couple of weeks, we aren't seeing bodies flying and helmets rolling. Seeing Troy back yesterday was a relief though, but I'm not quite sure what's up with Anthony Smith???

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    How much time does he need to hand the ball off thou? They need to get back to their grass roots. This season they have forgotten who they are. This new OC thinks Ben is a "Gun Slinger". Well he is but that isn't the style football the Steelers play. I went back a looked up stats. With Ben He throws 25 times or less we win. When he passes 25 times or more a game we lose. In '04 our 15-1 season what a great year We passed 372 times which was like 21 times a game. We ran the ball 618 times. In '05 passed 389 times which broke down to Ben passing 21 times a game. We ran the ball 549 times result 11-5 and Super Bowl 40 Champs. Last year Ben passed 353 times which broke down to about 32 trys per game. We rushed the ball 469. Our record 8-8. Granted ben was hurt from wreck and everything but he still played in 15 games. So far this year 331 attempts about 28 per game compared to 454 rushes we are 9-5. We don't run the ball these next 2 weeks. If we try to be a passing offense we will end up 9-7. I have that feeling. Numbers don't lie. As long as I can remember the Steelers have used the run to set up the pass. Not the other way around. Even with a bad O-line Willie can be gone before they get to him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben is not the problem here, not even by a long shot. Ben can call the plays at the line himself just fine. Any good QB worth his weight in the NFL does it. Palmer, Manning, Brady, they all call their own plays at the line from time to time. Let's not sit here and bash Ben for the problems on offense. The dude is having the best season of a Steeler QB in decades so how anyone can say he's the main problem or even the problem at all is beyond me.

He may need polishing, I'll give you that because he can always improve but he's our franchise QB and a damn good one.

I don't know where everybody keeps saying Arians had a horrible game yesterday. He had a few botched calls yes but it's not his fault we lost the game. It's the fault of the players not executing period !

Thread Information