Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor suffers knee injury...other injury updates

Bookmark and Share

Taylor suffers knee injury...other injury updates

Steelers CB Ike Taylor suffered a left knee injury in Sunday's loss. Taylor's return to elite form under coach Mike Tomlin has been an unsung story behind the Steelers' strong season. He's uncertain to play in Week 16 against St. Louis, but Pittsburgh does have a solid alternative in Bryant McFadden.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    well at least we get to see some more of mcfadden

My Mood
    Clowns

Quick injury report from Tomlin Press conference today...

Here you go list of injuries

Haggans--- left knee sprain, is questionable for the game Thursday

Kriewaldt--- stinger is questionable for Thursday

Rossum--- reports came back is doing okay from mild concussion on Sunday

marvel smith--- in pain from back. Is out for Thursday

Kirschke-- rib cartlidge

there you go gang.

Hopefully Woodley can step in for Haggans, if not, I guess A.Harrison would be okay? Either way I think this team lacks speed at the linebacker position and Tomlin and this D has got to find ways to get Woodley and Timmons on the field a lot more. You picked these guys 1 and 2 in the draft Haggans obviously is not getting it done and is hurt now and wont play Thursday, so the bottom line is GET Timmons and Woodley in their for the majority of this game. I think it's time for Reid to get a shot returning kicks. Starks has played pretty well filling in for Smith, and let's face it, Smith was terrible yesterday. Looks like Mcbean better be ready for some playing time.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't imagine he'll play this week given that we hit the field on thursday night; unless his injury is anything less than a mild sprain but even then I would think we'll see McFadden for the most part.

Ike has played well for us overall this year, he still has a ways to go as evidenced by him getting beat in the Pats game and yesterday. In his defense against Moss though he was supposed to have hep from Smith and Farrior respectively on the 2 plays that went for long TD's. Now is McFadden's time to step up and show what he's got.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-17-2007 at 12:55 PM.

2nd String
    what else is new? just another bad break 4 us oh well, we only have 2 more weeks 2 go.................

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I can't imagine he'll play this week given that we hit the field on thursday night; unless his injury is anything less than a mild sprain but even then I would think we'll see McFadden for the most part.

Ike has well for us overall this year, he still has a ways to go as evidenced by him getting beat in the Pats game and yesterday. In his defense against Moss though he was supposed to have hep from Smith and Farrior respectively on the 2 plays that went for long TD's.
    Tomlin said Ike is going to be fine at the Press Conference today he said he felt fine this morning when he came in for treatment and he should be good to go for the Rams game on Thursday night. The only guys that appear to be out for Thursday are Haggans,Smith,and Kirschke. So I dont think will miss too much in there with Woodley going,Max Starks at left tackle and Eason playing for Kirschke. The Steelers are at a point now where they need to play whoever and anybody to get a win and wrap up this division and more importantly a playoff spot.

anything from Nate's knee? I knoow he was up and around, and I believe he even went back in for a play. Just didn't know if they found anything later. that was a sick hyper-extension
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Thanks for the update 43, I didn't get to see Tomlin's press conference today yet.

If Haggans can't go then it's Woodley's time to step in and see what the kid has. I'm excited to watch him because right now he's playing for a starting job next year IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Thanks for the update 43, I didn't get to see Tomlin's press conference today yet.

If Haggans can't go then it's Woodley's time to step in and see what the kid has. I'm excited to watch him because right now he's playing for a starting job next year IMO.
    Somebody definitely has to step up-- AND TACKLE. Maybe they haven't develop these bad tackling and coverage read habits that our starters have. The D needs a spark, point blank. They almost seem confused at times. in a fog.
    The O line lacks a leader on the field irght now. Arians is not it. Faneca is not it.
    got more... but gotta get back to my work...
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Here you go list of injuries

Haggans--- left knee sprain, is questionable for the game Thursday

Kriewaldt--- stinger is questionable for Thursday

Rossum--- reports came back is doing okay from mild concussion on Sunday

marvel smith--- in pain from back. Is out for Thursday

Kirschke-- rib cartlidge

there you go gang.

Hopefully Woodley can step in for Haggans, if not, I guess A.Harrison would be okay? Either way I think this team lacks speed at the linebacker position and Tomlin and this D has got to find ways to get Woodley and Timmons on the field a lot more. You picked these guys 1 and 2 in the draft Haggans obviously is not getting it done and is hurt now and wont play Thursday, so the bottom line is GET Timmons and Woodley in their for the majority of this game. I think it's time for Reid to get a shot returning kicks. Starks has played pretty well filling in for Smith, and let's face it, Smith was terrible yesterday. Looks like Mcbean better be ready for some playing time.
    can't stand smith
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Any word on Washington... looked like he popped his knee on that TD catch?

Thread Information