Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Filling the needs

Bookmark and Share
    who is unsure yet... i like the WR out of Indiana if he can slide to the 2nd (doubtful)... we NEED the "best OL" available in the first maybe second and third!!! My Ultimate draft is:

1. Dominating OT: If he is a LT move Marvel to right and put colon in a battle for G w/ simmons & chris - k
    2. If the 6'7'' wideout from IU is still on the board he is the only skill pos. pick i like before the third... if not take a C and move Mahan into the battle at G and let him chris,colon and simmons fight to the death for 2 tackle spots
    3. OL/DL
    4. -7. best avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree with the positions the Steelers need to address within the first three rounds....But I prefer Ryan Clady of Boise State or Michael Oher from Ole Miss instead of Cherilus.....I won't complain if Cherilus is drafted I do worry that he did struggle some when switching to LT this year....To me he has RT written all over him in the NFL....I like Jeff Otah from Pitt also...He is a bit raw but he has the size to dominate....The Steelers need a LT badly..I just hope one is drafted and is the answer at LT...

In the second round I want James Hardy from IU....I have seen him play and I have liked what I have seen....

The Steelers need a center also....So in the 3rd round that should be the pick....I really like Doug Legursky from Marshall....

HEY K-TRAIN JAMES HARDY 6'7'' SLOW BUT DOMINATED BIG GAME CORNERS INCLUDING MY FAVORITE JUSTIN KING

1) Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt 6'6 320lbs (Dominant tackle, battle tested in the SEC)

2) Marcus Griffin FS Texas 6'0 205lbs (Legitimate free safety)
    Carter is a slow liability in coverage and sadly Smith is not the answer. Troy would be better served with other actual talent, skill and speed at the FS position.

3) Terrell Thomas CB USC 6'1 195LBS (Legitimate corner)
    Taylor REMAINS suspect, Townsend is an absoloute joke, and neither Mcfadden or Gay have been able to supplant the latter as starter. NUFF SAID

4) Keilen Dykes DT West Virginia 6'5 295lbs (Legitimate DT/3-4 DE)
    Casey and Aaron need another presence up front with talent comperable to their own. Not to mention a player whom would give Tomlin the flexibility to play a 4-3 if he should so choose to do so.

5) Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian State 5'10 185lbs (legitimate return man/slot receiver)
    Do i really have to give any explanation?

7) Lance Leggett WR Miami 6'3 200lbs (larger target for "backyard boy" with tremendous upside in terms of skill, size and talent)

UFA'S:
    Lex Hilliard RB Montana 6'0 240lbs (ball control Back to spell Parker)
    Thomas Williams LB USC 6'3 240lbs (special teams coverage)

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    marcus griffin sucks.......i watch him all the time, he'll make a play here and there but he gets bombed on with ease
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    marcus griffin sucks.......i watch him all the time, he'll make a play here and there but he gets bombed on with ease
    Plus im not really sure if we need another Safety bad enough to take him that early!!!! We have for guys all with totally different upsides!!! I think we're straight there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Plus im not really sure if we need another Safety bad enough to take him that early!!!! We have for guys all with totally different upsides!!! I think we're straight there!!!
    At least if our Safeties start to play football again :P
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok....I understand that Anthony Smith regressed toward the end of the season.....But he is only entering his third year people......For real he is still a young player which was only a 3rd round pick......Instead of focusing your critical remarks on him....Bash that piece of garbage Troy.....lol Who was a first round pick and only signed the richest contract in team history.....lol Troy had 0 INTs and 0 sacks...lol Plus his tackling fell way off this year...He blew a ton of tackles this year...

Troy Polamalu's last INT was Oct. 22 2006 vs the Atlanta Falcons....lol Thats really awesome for a guy that is making the most money on the team.....Some Steelers fans will always crack me up....Don't knock the fan favorites but lets roast a guy like Smith who isn't a vet like Troy and isn't make anything close to what Troy is making.....But I know I know Troy helped us win it all in 2005.....Sorry I don't live in the past......I'm a greedy bitch and I want more Super Bowl titles.....

Anthony smith is a badass player and you will all forget about his late season slump next year just like Ike last year

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok....I understand that Anthony Smith regressed toward the end of the season.....But he is only entering his third year people......For real he is still a young player which was only a 3rd round pick......Instead of focusing your critical remarks on him....Bash that piece of garbage Troy.....lol Who was a first round pick and only signed the richest contract in team history.....lol Troy had 0 INTs and 0 sacks...lol Plus his tackling fell way off this year...He blew a ton of tackles this year...

Troy Polamalu's last INT was Oct. 22 2006 vs the Atlanta Falcons....lol Thats really awesome for a guy that is making the most money on the team.....Some Steelers fans will always crack me up....Don't knock the fan favorites but lets roast a guy like Smith who isn't a vet like Troy and isn't make anything close to what Troy is making.....But I know I know Troy helped us win it all in 2005.....Sorry I don't live in the past......I'm a greedy bitch and I want more Super Bowl titles.....

LOL, Let's get it poppin then nephew. First off you've got me f##ked by attempting to "check my oil". Or should i say made a grievous error in judgement by assuming that i'm 'bashing' smith by attempting to catagorize me with any off brand,dirty sneaker, larry the cable guy shirt and bad jean wearing crazy Kooter hillbilly's, rednecks, cougars, nerds, lames and or bama azz uncle tom's or aunt Tanisha's that dwell in western P.A, the midwestern and southwestern USA, colorado and all backwater spots in between that sh#t on athletes and anyone else 'high profile' because they are unhappy in life. LMAO

I'm speaking of the reality that dictates that if one was an average or project player on the collegiate level, more often than not,...they will only be a SLIGHT overacheiver at best at the pro level. IE: Smith, Taylor,Keisel,Wilson, Washington, Harrison, Carter, Foote, Haggans, Gay and Mcfadden.

Surely there are exceptions to this rule.Even some suppossed 'thoroughbreds' never live up to the hype,...you know,... like Ben. LMAO But more often than not, like most things in life,...you get what you pay for.

Bottom line Troy is an elite football player. But he like no other man on this planet can along with playing his position, play both corner spots, FS, DE and Linebacker. Knock it off

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post

I'm speaking of the reality that dictates that if one was an average or project player on the collegiate level, more often than not,...they will only be a SLIGHT overacheiver at best at the pro level. IE: Smith, Taylor,Keisel,Wilson, Washington, Harrison, Carter, Foote, Haggans, Gay and Mcfadden.

Surely there are exceptions to this rule.Even some suppossed 'thoroughbreds' never live up to the hype,...you know,... like Ben. LMAO But more often than not, like most things in life,...you get what you pay for.

Bottom line Troy is an elite football player. But he like no other man on this planet can along with playing his position, play both corner spots, FS, DE and Linebacker. Knock it off
    lol troy ****ed the defense all year long, hes without question the most overrated player on the team and made the probowl because of his hair...its ok if you have a thing for him, but he was not elite by any means and he could play corner if he tried, ed reed could, but not troy, not even close

Thread Information