Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger-29 TD Passes

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Ben Roethlisberger-29 TD Passes

We didn't get the win and that sucks...But Ben did break Terry Bradshaw's single season passing TD record today with his 3 TD passes.....It was a nice effort by Ben....With two games to go it looks like Ben will become the first Steelers QB to throw 30 TD passes in a single season....I know stats are meaningless but Ben is having a very good season....So if anything at least Ben has proven to be the future of this franchise...Hell even Teemont has been giving him props.....

Congrats Big Ben...Here is to many more great seasons..........

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Earlier in the year you called that Ben would have 30 TD passes this year and it looks like he'll even better that mark at this rate. For all the things that Ben does to drive me nuts every week..LOL..the dude is vastly improved over last year and there is zero doubt this guy is the future for us. Stats mean nothing when you lose, yes, but given the state of our OL this year it's a credit to Ben for all the TD's he's thrown and all the times he's made a crucial play while running for his life.

We can't win them all, and I agree with you all, he's MONEY! And proved it today, yea he takes sacks but he normally avoids most.

We have a great chance here to win out and give it hell in the PO's!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    After this performance today, Ben solidifies himself as the 3rd best QB in the AFC hands down. Garrod showed nothing today that should make him be anything other than a "good " QB. He made some throws today but when you rush for 224 yds in a game everybody looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We can't win them all, and I agree with you all, he's MONEY! And proved it today, yea he takes sacks but he normally avoids most.

We have a great chance here to win out and give it hell in the PO's!!
    no we dont, we dont even have a great chance to make the playoffs, if we do, we might make some noise but thats it....tomlins first season will be considered a success, ben will be signed long term and we can rebuild our line to make a legit run in 08, until that happens we wont do ****

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    To quote the tribune review...

To do so, the Steelers need only defeat a three-win St. Louis team that was lit up Sunday by Green Bay and a four-win Baltimore team that lost yesterday to previously winless Miami.

Forget those road woes; the Steelers will get it together enough down the stretch to beat the Rams and Ravens.

But the lingering question in the wake of what the Jaguars did to the Steelers in their previously impenetrable fortress on the North Shore is a sobering "What's the point?"

For every Ben Roethlisberger or Heath Miller highlight at Heinz, there was a more memorable sequence that exposed the Steelers' inadequacies on defense.
    It doesn't matter what we do these last 2 games, if we win we're in it's as simple as that but it's the bottom line truth that this team cannot stop anybody good on defense and on offense they can't block to save their lives. This isn't 2005 here, we were a much better football team then. This is the 2007 Steelers, a team that will probably make the playoffs and be promptly ousted by the 2nd round when they play either the Colts or Patriots. We're not suddenly going to become a dominant blocking team or a team that tackles perfectly, or whatever. We are what we are and it's going to take an offseason of reorganization and recommitment to fix it.

we can make some noise in the playoffs, we slipped big time today and hung with the pats for a half, but we can get dominate sometimes...i'll be happy if we make the playoffs, that will make tomlins first seasona a success and give us something to build on....plus i really want the browns in the first round lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    we can make some noise in the playoffs, we slipped big time today and hung with the pats for a half, but we can get dominate sometimes...i'll be happy if we make the playoffs, that will make tomlins first seasona a success and give us something to build on....plus i really want the browns in the first round lol
    At this point I'm not sure I want any part of a pee wee team in the playoffs We're capable of doing anything we want on any given week the problem is that what we are capable of and what we do are 2 completely different things.

2nd String
    yea i rather us finish at 9-7 an reload asap................this is not steelers football, were old on the o-line an d-line we need depth on both sieds of the ball,why can't we get one of the colts wide recievers coaches or the bungles wide reciever coaches 2 b our next offensive coordinatorwe need an shake up an we need it right after this pitiful season we r having...............but i still love my black an gold just mad right now

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Why would you want a bengal WR coach on our team...look how they are intimidated, underachieving, and just plain scared to play us. They may be good WR's in their own right but that's not attributed to their coach it's attributed to their natural talent. If their coaches had anything good going for them they'd make these players clean up their acts or ship them the hell out.

Thread Information