Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wont shock me at all if this Steelers team implodes these last 2 weeks...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Wont shock me at all if this Steelers team implodes these last 2 weeks...

Against the Rams and Baltimore. Even if the Steelers beat the Rams now they still dont even clinch a playoff spot yet and have to wait till Sunday to get help from either the Browns losing or the Titans losing because its a non conference win. The Ravens have just lost to the Dolphins too which is not good at all because it means they are going to be on a 9 game losing streak going into our game because they are not going to beat Seattle next week in Seattle. So you can bet your last dollar that the Ravens are going to play all out that last week against the Steelers to ruin their division title chances or god forbid their playoff chances for that matter which is no longer a mortal lock. A Steelers loss to the Rams on Thursday night and this team has a 65-75 percent chance of missing the playoffs. They hung with Green Bay for a good part of that game today so the Steelers had better show up Thursday night and be ready to play because you know the Rams will especially since it will be Marshall Faulk night and they will be retiring his number.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point this team doesn't deserve a playoff berth. We're lucky to be in first place at this point. Nate was talking after the game that the team has to put this loss behind them, well they damn well better learn from it because giving up 200+ yds at home in a must win situation is inexcusable.

My Mood
    Angry
    If the Steelers implode these next two weeks that will be a very bad reflection on Tomlin and a bad sign for the short term future of this franchise.

hate to say it but i think the steelers have been Underachiving all season long, with the exception of Ben.

How can it be that we posses the leagues best runner, yet we question the o line, the leagues number 1 defence yet give up 500 yards to the pats and 400 plus yard to the jags.

We can still win the show, but we've just got to get hot in all aspects of the game.

If we do, then i really think no one can stand with us, but as we stand, no we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Again though i think Ben has been heroic this year. Despite all the sacks, and hits, he's still won us or kept us in game.
    He has to be our MVP this year.

As for next season ....

Things will get a whole lot worse if Faneca goes. M Smith was eaten alove today, Mahan hasn't convinced me, Simmons, Colon, average....

Any stud OL in this years draft coming up?

My Mood
    Clowns
    Yes it indeed it will Tomlin had better at the very worst make the playoffs. To be 9-3 at one point and seem to be a mortal lock for the playoffs, then go all the way to possibly 9-7 and miss the playoffs would be a disaster. The Steelers still control their own destiny however and even though they are going on the road the next 2 weeks they are playing 2 very bad teams that you would think they would be able to take care of.

rams can run pretty good and ravens lookin to spoil

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    If the Steelers implode these next two weeks that will be a very bad reflection on Tomlin and a bad sign for the short term future of this franchise.
    I agree with you Ambridge...I was so pumped about the Tomlin hire....But as this season goes on and on....I'm starting to doubt Tomlin big time...I'm willing to cut him some slack as a first time HC....But how this team is fading this season which isn't a total shock...I thought after the Broncos loss that this team was a fraud...But I just don't see this team responding at all to him.....Certain individual players have but as the team as a whole the team hasn't....

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post

It is way too soon to judge Tomlin with this Steeler team. This team is still made up of mostly Cowher players. Until most of the team is made up of Tomlins players I don't think we should judge him too harshly. Last year w/Cowher we missed the playoffs and only managed 8 wins. Year before we only managed to barely grasp onto the playoffs with the final seed. This team is now 3 years removed from the power football team it was 3 years ago when we went 15-1 and blew it in the conference title game.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    hate to say it but i think the steelers have been Underachiving all season long, with the exception of Ben.

How can it be that we posses the leagues best runner, yet we question the o line, the leagues number 1 defence yet give up 500 yards to the pats and 400 plus yard to the jags.

We can still win the show, but we've just got to get hot in all aspects of the game.

If we do, then i really think no one can stand with us, but as we stand, no we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Again though i think Ben has been heroic this year. Despite all the sacks, and hits, he's still won us or kept us in game.
    He has to be our MVP this year.

As for next season ....

Things will get a whole lot worse if Faneca goes. M Smith was eaten alove today, Mahan hasn't convinced me, Simmons, Colon, average....

Any stud OL in this years draft coming up?
    Ben is a God and Willie is still the shiat...Both would be better with better Oline play.....As for this draft...There is a ton of OT in this draft....The OG depth isn't that great....But there is some good players at OG....I like Duke Robinson from Oklahoma and Roy Schuening from Oregon State....

Waterboy
    we have to remember big ben played injured throughout this game,and i'm sure polamalu wasn't 100% yet,i'm not worried. considering the ravens went down to miami,i'm not worried

Thread Information