Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wont shock me at all if this Steelers team implodes these last 2 weeks...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    It is way too soon to judge Tomlin with this Steeler team. This team is still made up of mostly Cowher players. Until most of the team is made up of Tomlins players I don't think we should judge him too harshly.

Because it's Tomlin's first year doesn't earn him a Free Pass!

I think in the beginning/middle part of the season Tomlin's style was embraced and welcomed by the team......he's totally the opposite of Cowher.

Well now that the fun and games and the warm and fuzzies are dispensed and the Steelers have hit a huge pot-hole in their season I don't think Tomlin has clue one of what to do to get these players to respond.

If Tomlin can't do anything with a bunch of Grizzled vets inherited from Bill Cowher I can only imagine the group of "Cupcake" players that will called "Tomlin's Players".

Oh!!!.... the Ineptitude of it all.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Well we need to worry about St Louis on a short week first instead of the Ravens game at this point. A win this week against St Louis and a Browns loss in Cincy next week will give us the division and at least a home playoff game and at the very worst a number 4 seed. A win or a Tenn loss to the Jets next week gives the Steelers a playoff birth. It looks like the Chargers are gonna jump the Steelers tonight for the 3 seed so a rematch with the Jags come playoff time is a very very good possibility at this point assuming we still win the division.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    A win against St. Louis and Browns loss may give us the division but the way we're playing right now I don't put it past us to lose to anyone. We've proven that when push comes to shove we can't shove back. We could have locked up the division by now by all accounts but we keep blowing our chances.

I thought the season was over too, until Anthony Smith's interception. The way that sparked the offense and how Ben put the team on his back to fight back and tie it, and the way Parker and Nate and Miller and Holmes and Ward were out there finally showing some desperation and some heart, was encouraging. We still have some things to work on, and our defense was atrocious, but that can be fixed, and I can't see how the #1 run D could suddenly transform into the Bungles, so I'm sure they will fix it. Some things can be fixed scheme-wise, other things will depend on guys stepping up and playing to their potential. Look at our kick/punt coverage teams! They were abysmal the entire season, but they were getting after guys and making good tackles today. If something THAT bad can be fixed, I'm sure our run D can be fixed, and our offense can be more consistent.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Steelers now need the Chargers to lose one of the last 2 games in order to get that number 3 seed over them assuming we still do win the division and play the Browns instead of the Jags first game which I would much rather do. Of course the Steelers have to win in St Louis and Baltimore as well. A number 3 seed is a lot better then a 4 come playoff time because it means you probably play the Browns over the Jags here first game which is a better matchup,and if you win you play the Colts over the Pats 2nd game. And the Colts are still beatable I think they are losing to the Raiders now in Oakland 14-13 with 9 mins left. So the Steelers no longer control their own destiny for getting the number 3 seed they need the Chargers to either lose to Denver next week or the Raiders the week after.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    At this point this team doesn't deserve a playoff berth. We're lucky to be in first place at this point. Nate was talking after the game that the team has to put this loss behind them, well they damn well better learn from it because giving up 200+ yds at home in a must win situation is inexcusable.
    I agree! I'm sick of hearing them week after week saying they need to put this loss behind them! They need to put each loss in front of their faces again and again to see how they've become the *** of the NFL! They are all mouth and no heart! Our D with missed tackles and our O line making Ben run for his life. Every other team gives their QB plenty of time to run! I'm sick of Hines smiling after every dropped pass! It's not funny!! We need Jesus seriously to make any chance of playoffs but what concerns me is the fact that we can't even play well against these teams in the regular season, what are we going to do if we make the playoffs and play teams at their very best??!! I try and stay positive but this team is making it impossible! The play calling is awful!! Arians needs a serious beating!! I"m just so frustrated!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Hines smiling after dropped pass ALWAYS has bothered me, BA has gotta go...Oline just stinks, Ben running for his life each game we are lucky that his shoulder is the only thing hurt right now

My Mood
    Amazed
    There a 31 other teams to choose from for anyone who wants to jump on another team's bandwagon Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Yea the Hines drop was a key key play in that game he was wide open for about a 20 yard plus gain and he flat out dropped it and got up laughing was a huge huge swing in the game because if he catches that we get a first down and the Jags maybe dont get the ball back before the half and score. This team has a lot of issues right now in terms of leadership and just a lot of things they better get them fixed these last 2 games or they could see themselves at 9-7 and on the outside looking in on the playoffs.

My Mood
    Amazed
    I guess I don't get what you are saying......if they do not deserve to be in the playoffs (in whomever's opinion) then why do you want them in the playoffs? Maybe they have adjustments needed? and the coach will decide that, not me.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information