Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey B. Arians and Willie Parker! Tomorrows Weather Forecast.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry

Hey B. Arians and Willie Parker! Tomorrows Weather Forecast.

Sunday Forecast-Pittsburgh:

Sleet and freezing rain in the morning...then snow in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation of less than one quarter of an inch. Brisk with highs in the lower 30s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Arians needs to be very smart with his play calling(it would be nice for a change)...........and please Willie hold onto the ball and not have multiple fumbles like you did against Cincy in similar wet/slick conditions.

Looks like another slop-fest tomorrow. It should be fun.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's snowing like crazy in the Burgh right now. Tomorrow is gonna be really interesting!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Arians isn't afraid to have Ben throwing in these bad conditions. In both the ratbird game and the Dolphin game Ben had very good days throwing the ball, using the short to intermediate passing game as an aid to the running game and it worked out well. Unless visibility is near zero I would expect us to still use the passing game...that being said it will be vital for Willie to be smart with the ball and help us out by moving the chains and keeping the Jags off the field. Both teams will try to run but both are excellent against the run so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    If the field has some ice/snow, any trench-war mismatches should be nuturalized. This bodes well for the Steelers who are going up against a much bigger and physical D-line .... (case in point ...last years dominating effort by the Jags D)

While I'm not a fan of FWP running between the tackles, this is one game that I'd try to keep willie running in a northward direction. I think if Arians tries to kick him outside, footing will be a problem and he won't be able to make the necessary cuts.
    Last edited by Iron City South; 12-15-2007 at 09:30 PM.

quit bitching about play calling, seriously, its execution that blows the play calling isnt the problem. he called a perfect game in the bog versus miami so im not to worried

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    quit bitching about play calling, seriously, its execution that blows the play calling isnt the problem. he called a perfect game in the bog versus miami so im not to worried
    Not completely true. Arians screwed the pooch in his playcalling selection in a few games this year. I'm not implying it's ALL his fault, but he certainly isn't making a case that he is one of the elite OC minds in the league.

When it's 3nd and goal from the 1 foot line, you don't call a mother ****ing fade pass to a 5'10" WR ... then follow it with an empty back set WR motion shovel pass to Ward..... that's just idiocy.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Running between the tackles is going to be extremely difficult if both Stroud and Henderson play because they will just eat Mahan alive and blow up everything before we can even get started. It's all about a hat on a hat and see who's getting the better push. If we can atleast stand our ground then Willie will have a chance but if they start pushing our guys around up front Willie won't be able to do anything but try to bounce it outside; and then the traction on the field comes into play.

Najeh could play a big role in this game...

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Isn't Stroud out for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Isn't Stroud out for the season?

yeppers, he's been placed on IR ...

Jaguars Place Stroud On IR; Sign Orr
    12/12/07

The Jacksonville Jaguars today place three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud on injured reserve and signed fifth-year veteran linebacker Shantee Orr to a contract. Orr was released by the Houston Texans on Nov. 28, 2007.

Stroud suffered an ankle injury in the Jaguars’ win on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers. The seventh year veteran had started nine games this season and recorded 35 tackles, three sacks and one fumble recovery. The Jaguars’ first-round draft pick from 2001 has started 84 of his 100 career games with 457 tackles, 22 sacks and seven forced fumbles.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh that's right, I did hear that..my bad. So now they just plug in another giant in Grady Jackson who's as big as a mountain; not quite on the talent level as Stroud but still the guy is a mammoth.

Thread Information