View Poll Results: Are Thursday games a good idea?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the more NFL the better

5 29.41%
  • No, it's too hard on the teams to prepare and heal up

10 58.82%
  • Doesn't matter to me.

2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are thursday night games really a good idea?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Are thursday night games really a good idea?

These Thursday night games sometimes concern me because the amount of time that a team has to prepare and heal up from injury is only a few days. This year we are seeing more players hurt when they play games so close together and personally I don't really think it's worth it to play on thursday nights...especially with the playoffs so much giving teams less time to get ready can have an adverse affect down the road for the rest of their games.

The next thing you know they'll start having teams play on a Sunday, then Thursday night game and then the following Monday...you laugh but at the rate the NFL is going and talking about overseas super bowls, more overseas regular season games and God knows what else I wouldn't put it past them.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-13-2007 at 09:56 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I personally love Thursday night games...I know it has to suck for the players to have a short week....But the more NFL the better.....I would even watch the Texans/Broncos game tonight but I have a Pokerstars tourney tonight and I can win some nice cash....So I'm doing that instead...lol

My Mood
    Frustrated
    They could make it Friday nights if they want an extra day but I like it!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i hate that they are on that reject of a network nfl network, i don't mind next week cause i'll be at a place that has nfl network, but the commentating is horrible
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm watchin the game right now but what sucks is you have to have NFL Network to watch it. Its not on ESPN or any regular channels, so most fans are probably screwed outta gettin their NFL fix.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Fortunately Bryant Gumble isn't commentating tonight because he's sick...but they said he'll be back next week That man has to be the worst I think I've ever heard. How many times can you possibly mispronounce a players name or get your facts wrong about a team in a single broadcast !

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    To hard on the players if they want thursday nite games do it in begining of season when teams still have their byes so they can go bye week thursday game then back to regular schedule. While on subject should get rid of it on NFL network. Not many people have it.Stupid how the nefl continues to take stuff away from the working class. Odds are a working class family can't go to superbowl. Never going to go to Hawaii for the ProBowl. Regular season games are starting to get a little crazy.

I completely forgot about the game tonight... I don't like them, they mess up my pick em leagues b/c I usually forget to set me picks!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    I don't like the Thursday games due to the hardship it puts on the players, the game is grueling enough without getting that extra day or two of rest. I have DirectTV w/ the TICKET so I have access to all the STEELER games when they are on regular tv. Also have the NFL Network, which I love....... espically the injury report at 1145 on sundays so I can make any last minute changes to my line-ups there's my

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    One good thing about it if you come out of a Thursday night game banged up you got a few extra days to heal up

Thread Information