Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **UPDATE** Ben sits out practice a 2nd straight day...other injury notes

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

**UPDATE** Ben sits out practice a 2nd straight day...other injury notes

I know everybody is ready to go nuts over this but you gotta wonder now if Ben's shoulder is really bothering him and since Batch took all the snaps again in practice today does that mean he will end up starting and playing on Sunday. The Steelers really do need Ben to play in this game I think to win because of how good the Jags D is and how much Ben is going to have to do to win this game in terms of moving around and avoiding sacks with as bad as this oline has played so far this year. They could just be sitting him out also because Tomlin knows how physical of a game this is going to be and he knows they got a Thursday game next week in St Louis so he is just being cautious and giving Ben as much rest of possible. Will find out more tomorrow I guess on what Ben's status is. If he sits out practice tomorrow then this becomes a serious problem and it then indeed may look like Charlie Batch will possibly start on Sunday.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    batch sucks *** so especially in the redzone so if he plays put a fork in the season casue the browns will win the division lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Batch is a servicable back up who can play and in case you've forgotten he did pretty well in his last start. I won't be worried if Batch is in, I know we will be in good hands.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

batch is undefeated as a steeler and wouldve beat jacksonville if ben wasnt such a retard and forced himself to play last year

I think we are reading a lil too much into this.. im sure he's gonna play, i read in an article yesterday he was nicked (along with a bunch of other starters) bthey xpect them all to play but they said Santonio and Ben were likely to miss weds and thurs practices!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I read that as well, that they were holding out some players from practice but also that Holmes and Polamalu are expected to play along with Ben. He's been banged up this year a lot but it's crunch time so unless there is risk of some type of major damage by him playing Ben will be out there this weekend.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I think we are reading a lil too much into this.. im sure he's gonna play, i read in an article yesterday he was nicked (along with a bunch of other starters) bthey xpect them all to play but they said Santonio and Ben were likely to miss weds and thurs practices!
    I'm with you...Ben and Santonio will play...Steelers take care of business against the Jags and Rams....These guys can sit out the Ravens game to rest up....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's going to be a rough stretch because we play next thursday as well so it's good we're at home this weekend...let's hope we come out of this game as healthy as possible because there won't be much time to recover before we play the Rams.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    Batch is a servicable back up who can play and in case you've forgotten he did pretty well in his last start. I won't be worried if Batch is in, I know we will be in good hands.
    his last start was against the **** *** dolphins
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07348/841657-66.stm

Holmes healing

Santonio Holmes missed the two games before the loss Sunday at New England with a high ankle sprain and said his inactivity -- combined with the fact that he is not fully healed -- contributed to him not being a factor in the passing game. Holmes, who had only one catch for 13 yards, said he expects to be a much bigger factor this week.

He said, however, that his ankle continues to be troublesome because it is the kind of injury that takes some time to heal.

"I'm going to play this week and I don't think I am going to miss another game," Holmes said. "When adrenaline starts rushing during games, it really isn't a factor. But it is tough to go on and, if it wasn't such a short season for us, I would probably be out for at least a month. But the season is short in football, so you have to get back and get healthy as quick as you can."

Thread Information