Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Place in History

Bookmark and Share

Ben's Place in History

I know it's early in his career to bring it up, but I can't help but think about it when he's performing at such a high level again.

It is gonna be hard for him to make a Pro-Bowl playing in a conference with the likes of Brady and Manning... let alone go down in history as one of the best QB's of all-time.

I seem to compare him to Elway, moslty becuase of his pocket awareness and ability to throw on the run. Like Elway, I think Ben will outlast some of the best QB's of his generation and win a couple Superbowls late in his career to go down as one of the NFL's greats.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for Ben.

2nd String
    well ben is writing his future now.........i still c an guy who needs 2 get better because we will go as far as our q.b will take us, he needs 2 get more arm strength he struggles 2 throw the ball more than 50 yards,since he will b our franchise i would love 2 c tomlin pull his coat this off season an have ben come back an lead this team 2 an superbowl next year..................

Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    well ben is writing his future now.........i still c an guy who needs 2 get better because we will go as far as our q.b will take us, he needs 2 get more arm strength he struggles 2 throw the ball more than 50 yards.
    His arm strength is prolly as storng as it will be. I don't question his arm strength... it's there, but Ben it more of a touch guy by nature.

I think Ben's lack of ability to throw it super deep has more to do with the wounded ducks he often throws. Ben has a strong arm but he isn't a great thrower of the football... he needs to improve in that area.

Ben's biggest assets are the intangibles... Leadership, competitiveness, and great pocet awareness.

HOF
    Stay Black and Gold Forever!!!!!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    well ben is writing his future now.........i still c an guy who needs 2 get better because we will go as far as our q.b will take us, he needs 2 get more arm strength he struggles 2 throw the ball more than 50 yards,since he will b our franchise i would love 2 c tomlin pull his coat this off season an have ben come back an lead this team 2 an superbowl next year..................
    why do you keep saying ben has a weak arm? thats retarded

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    why do you keep saying ben has a weak arm? thats retarded

Probably because it always looks like he does when he has to throw running for his life!.......

But give him a chance to plant and throw and he has a pretty good arm IMO. How often has that happened this year though?

Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I know it's early in his career to bring it up, but I can't help but think about it when he's performing at such a high level again.

It is gonna be hard for him to make a Pro-Bowl playing in a conference with the likes of Brady and Manning... let alone go down in history as one of the best QB's of all-time.

I seem to compare him to Elway, moslty becuase of his pocket awareness and ability to throw on the run. Like Elway, I think Ben will outlast some of the best QB's of his generation and win a couple Superbowls late in his career to go down as one of the NFL's greats.

I can't wait to see what the future holds for Ben.

Well put BB2W

Ben definatley has a strong arm...but everytime he throws a bullet pass to someone like Washington they can never catch it...He used to throw 50 yrd passes all the time when he had a good reciever like Burress on the field.
    But your right about not bieng planted..it's hard to put zing on the ball when your fighting off defenders and running for your life.

After watching the Steelers with Niel O'donnell,Bubby Brister,Kent Grahm,Maddox,Stewart,and Tomzack it's nice to see a Real QB at the Helm.

Go Pittsburgh!!!

The fact of the matter is, Ben never played QB until his Senior year of HS... he was a TE because the coaches kid was the QB!!! So he has 1 year of HS 4 years @ U of Miam-Ohio and this is his 4th year as a starter w/ Us... thats 9 years!!! Peyton probley started playing QB in Midgets at 4!!! The thing that can make him Great is the he has skills you cant teach... Vision, ARM STRENGTH, smarts, a will to win, and the most important trait in my book he has HEART AND BALLS!!! I see a brett Farve like career in his future, maybe not the records that Brett is setting now.... but Ben will be one of tose guys they say... "Roethlisberger was an Ironman, he did what it took to win!!"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd rather have a QB that can throw a 50 yd strike all day long than a guy who struggles to throw it farther. Ben's arm strength seems like fine to me, when he has time to plant and throw he can fire a bullet to a WR anytime anywhere. Even when he's on the run his accuracy is uncanny and actually he has the highest completion percentage in the league among all active QB's when throwing on the run so the guy can do it all for us, but he's still a work in progress. The ceiling for Ben is as high as they come so he can definitely go down as one of the greats of his time if he keeps up this pace.

Thread Information