Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrino resigns as Falcon's HC.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Petrino resigns as Falcon's HC.....

ESPNews reports Atlanta Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino will resign as coach of the Falcons and is is close to an agreement to be the head coach of the University of Arkansas.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Wow! What a loser... he must have hated Atlanta.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Can't say I blame him....The whole Vick Dog Fighting Saga set that franchise back......The Falcons are in a terrible state and I would bet that Petrino would have been fired in his 3rd year or even next year if the Falcons were really terrible next year....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm wondering what week did he give up on Atlanta and start negotiating a contract with Arkansas. Put his name up there right along with Saban....Can't cut it in the nfl. I hope they look at Singletary again

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I'm wondering what week did he give up on Atlanta and start negotiating a contract with Arkansas. Put his name up there right along with Saban....Can't cut it in the nfl. I hope they look at Singletary again
    not his fault he couldn't cut it in teh nfl though, he went into a terrible situation, and if i were him i'd bail too, the falcons are going nowhere no matter who they get to coach them, the talent on this team is zero, and there isn't really a player in the draft that could help them turn it around, mcfadden can sale tickets but that's about it............ and i haven't seen any interviews but from what i know now, at least he wasn't a bitch like saban and kept denying it and then bam leaving the dolphins with nothing, he's at least resigning now and giving them time................ maybe they'll hire grimm, i'd love to see that fat *** fail
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Angry
    Petrino is a Loser and definately not a pro coach!!
    He gave Louisville the shaft to go to Atlanta....he doesn't like how things turned out with the Falcons(regardless of Vick)now he's going back to the college ranks.

I'll make a wager that within 3-5yrs he bails on Arkansas.

2nd String
    petrino is an loser 4 real he an saban should b banned from the nfl 4 life they suck..................man it must b nice 2 say hey i don't wanna coach no more n the nfl i'll resign an i'll take the college gig go figure lol

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    not his fault he couldn't cut it in teh nfl though, he went into a terrible situation, and if i were him i'd bail too, the falcons are going nowhere no matter who they get to coach them, the talent on this team is zero, and there isn't really a player in the draft that could help them turn it around, mcfadden can sale tickets but that's about it............ and i haven't seen any interviews but from what i know now, at least he wasn't a bitch like saban and kept denying it and then bam leaving the dolphins with nothing, he's at least resigning now and giving them time................ maybe they'll hire grimm, i'd love to see that fat *** fail
    The situation might have been bad when he got there but he knew that goin in. Petrino had a pretty good draft for a 1st year coach, 8 outta 11 picks are still on the team. Nobody could've predicted the Vick mess, but ok, now we don't have a QB, I'm sure Blank (owner) took that into consideration when the team was losing, plus they had some key injuries throughout the season. So now we're at the rebuilding stage, which thats what his mindset shoulda been going into the job, he would want to make the team "his" team. It would've taken him 3-5 years to turn the Falcons around and if had turned it around he woulda had a better track record, a record of winning and at least trying. I doubt seriously anyone expected him to win the SB in his first year. Now he's setting a track record of quitting, before he got the job with the Falcons, he had just signed a 10 year contract with Louisville.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

hes a terrible coach, he has no relationship with the players at all, they hate him and all he does is watch tape....no interaction with the players at all, how he got the job i'll never understand.....he will never make it in the pros, college coach for life and a mediocre one at that.

now they might draft a talented QB instead of brohm this year lol

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He was a garbage coach!

Thread Information