Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers cut Marvin Phillip (C)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Apparently the strategy is to draft every lineman possible that we know will flop just so we can draft some more who will flop, but we'll be sure to keep those guys around as backups because they have so much "potential"..and then we'll give them an open competition in the 2007 training camp just to see who can step and an flop again so we can be sure that we have absolutely no good line to speak of for the entire 2007 season !!

We let ourself get way too outdated at the OL position and it's biting us in the *** big time.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i was waiting for the pic lol
    here you go

something mahan will never have on his finger
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    So what's the reasoning behind it, are we signing somebody else? or Mahan just that good that we don't need a backup Center anymore
    The Steelers claimed linebacker Marquis Cooper and added him to their active roster. Cooper was claimed off waivers from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cooper (6-3, 220), a four-year veteran, was released by the Steelers earlier this year (Sept. 19) and was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on Nov. 27. He played in one game for the Jaguars (Week 13 versus Indianapolis).
    To make room for Cooper, the Steelers released Marvin Philip. Philip, a second-year center, spent time on both the Steelers’ active roster and practice squad this year

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Our 1st round pick next year WILL be a Center .. a new era anchor of our OL ... bet it.

Mahan goes over to Faneca's vacant LG spot (which he is better suited for), Kimo battles Simmons for the RG spot .... Smith stays at LT, and Colin battles Starks for RT spot (possibly ... if they want to resign Starks .... we'll see how that goes). Colin and Mahan will be valuable due to their ability to play other positions.
    the quote above is dumb

2nd String
    i agree on some points koopa but i think they address rt n the free agent market, they definetly draft the best center or rt n the 1st round, if any r left, faneca needs 2 b gone wilfolk made him look bad yesterday colon sucks big time , starks may not want 2 b here he's an unrestricted f.a, so we have 2 up grade the o-line positon as well as the d-line we need quality depth on the d-line.................

Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    i agree on some points koopa but i think they address rt n the free agent market, they definetly draft the best center or rt n the 1st round, if any r left, faneca needs 2 b gone wilfolk made him look bad yesterday colon sucks big time , starks may not want 2 b here he's an unrestricted f.a, so we have 2 up grade the o-line positon as well as the d-line we need quality depth on the d-line.................
    i despise reading your posts but i will respond anyway.

THERE ARE NO CENTERS WORTH TAKING I THE FIRST ROUND. there rarely is, center is not a first round position, and neither is guard unless you can get an absolute stud. We will take a tackle, its our biggest need and the only spot with first round value in a class stacked with OTs. Once we get THAT OT, everything else will fall into place, hopefully with colon as a guard. and we draft a solid center in the 3rd

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the quote above is dumb
    No, dumb is when you don't have the capacity to verbally convey or explain what you're thinking ..... you just say things are "dumb"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    No, dumb is when you don't have the capacity to verbally convey or explain what you're thinking ..... you just say things are "dumb"
    he says it's dumb because this year there is no center first round worthy
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

look in the 08 beast thread that YOU created....

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    he says it's dumb because this year there is no center first round worthy
    not even close to first round worthy

Thread Information